Sonim xp5700 root help

Search This thread

dud3rs

May 9, 2019
I am looking for any information on what you can do with a rooted xp5700. I have successfully rooted it, hoping I would be able to find information on how to install 3rd party apps, or SSH into my phone via WinSCP. I'd love to learn how to install a game like the classic Snake! If it's possible, it would be awesome to be able to write my own apps and upload them. However, I haven't been able to find anything about the xp5700 online. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

bubbanexus

Apr 2, 2013
Install apps
1. Enter Developer Option by entering *#*#2387#*#*
2. Turn on USB debugging
3. Install adb drivers for windows https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
4. Connect XP5 to PC
5. Open cmd on Windows machine and do a "adb devices" (no quotes). This will prompt adb on phone, so allow it from phone.
6. You can install apks now. Adb in the directory where you downloaded apk file. Do a "adb install filename.apk" (no quotes). App installed.

If want root

1. Download and install Kingroot from https://kingroot.net/
2. Run it to root the xp5.

Edit build.prop to get hotspot working on unlocked AT&T model.

1. Install a build.prop editor from apkmirror.com "adb install filename.apk" (no quotes)
2. Open build.prop editor
3. Scroll down to #system prop for Service Entitlement. Change att.service.entitlement=true to false. At the very end add net.tethering.noprovisioning=true.
4. Save and reboot

Due to the screen being non-touch, you may run into apps not being fully compatible. I used jrummy build.prop editor ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor with success. I also use Zello ptt (free push to talk which is not carrier dependant. Will also run on any android or iphone. https://zello.com/ )

Last edited:

francisdotcom

Aug 8, 2019
Hi! I would like to install Zello and be able to use the second SIM. Do I need to root to be able to install Zello and use the second SIM? (currently AT&T limits the phone to use SIM1). Would this root pack also works for the AT&T XP5S (5800)? Thanks.

bubbanexus

Apr 2, 2013
First of all, I will address Zello for Sonim Basic Phones (XP5, XP5s, XP3 flip phone)

These phones all support Zello without root, although, the apk has to be signed by Sonim. Follow the instructions below to install Zello on unrooted (XP5, XP5s and XP3 flip phone)

As of now Zello only has the link for the XP3 flip phone, but this works on all phones listed above. I just installed on XP5.
1. Go to Zello dot com (Can't post links yet)
2. Find "Accessories" and then Click "Ruggedized Devices"
3. Scroll down to Sonim XP3 and click "Setup"
4. On the the "Setup" page it will tell you about having to be signed by Sonim.
5. Click the link in 2nd paragraph to download the latest (v.4.66) signed apk.
6. Install and login

Sonim is one of the best basic/zello phones around. A bit difficult to work with, but once you figure out how to install Zello, They work well!!

Secondly, I am unaware of dual sim support on XP5s. I only have the XP5, so I am not sure.
Does the phone have 2 or 3 slots in back? If 2, one is an sdcard slot. If 3, I would assume that you have to unlock from at&t to make that work. As I said before, I don't have the XP5s, so I can't be sure about this.

Please post your results here, so I know if the signed Zello apk worked because I hope to be getting an XP5s in the coming months.

Hope this helps

francisdotcom

Aug 8, 2019
XP5800 Zello successful installation

Hi,

Zello installation was a breeze following the instructions - it works. The AT&T branded XP5s has a micro SD, and two nano SIM slots (SIM1, SIM2). Mine is unlocked and I'm using Mint (a T-Mobile MVNO). The phone has dual SIM support, but AT&T disabled the capability. So, only SIM1 works- when you install two SIMs a pop up says something like (not exact words) "we've detected a SIM in slot 2 and will be disabled". I'll keep looking to see if there is a way to enable SIM2.

Thanks for the quick response.

First of all, I will address Zello for Sonim Basic Phones (XP5, XP5s, XP3 flip phone)

These phones all support Zello without root, although, the apk has to be signed by Sonim. Follow the instructions below to install Zello on unrooted (XP5, XP5s and XP3 flip phone)

As of now Zello only has the link for the XP3 flip phone, but this works on all phones listed above. I just installed on XP5.
6. Install and login

Sonim is one of the best basic/zello phones around. A bit difficult to work with, but once you figure out how to install Zello, They work well!!

Secondly, I am unaware of dual sim support on XP5s. I only have the XP5, so I am not sure.
Does the phone have 2 or 3 slots in back? If 2, one is an sdcard slot. If 3, I would assume that you have to unlock from at&t to make that work. As I said before, I don't have the XP5s, so I can't be sure about this.

Please post your results here, so I know if the signed Zello apk worked because I hope to be getting an XP5s in the coming months.

Hope this helps

dschneidsz

Dec 20, 2019
XP5800 Root

Hi,

Zello installation was a breeze following the instructions - it works. The AT&T branded XP5s has a micro SD, and two nano SIM slots (SIM1, SIM2). Mine is unlocked and I'm using Mint (a T-Mobile MVNO). The phone has dual SIM support, but AT&T disabled the capability. So, only SIM1 works- when you install two SIMs a pop up says something like (not exact words) "we've detected a SIM in slot 2 and will be disabled". I'll keep looking to see if there is a way to enable SIM2.

Thanks for the quick response.

I am also looking to use this phone on the Mint Mobile network. Does the phone work well with Mint's network? Also, have you been able to get the mobile hotspot working? I have heard that this is locked to AT&T unless you are able to root the device and enable it. Have you successfully rooted the XP5800?

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
@bubbanexus
I can't get the adb prompt to pop-up on the phone so I can allow it. Can you help me?
5. Open cmd on Windows machine and do a "adb devices" (no quotes). This will prompt adb on phone, so allow it from phone.

rfresh

Install apps
1. Enter Developer Option by entering *#*#2387#*#*
2. Turn on USB debugging
3. Install adb drivers for windows https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
4. Connect XP5 to PC
6. You can install apks now. Adb in the directory where you downloaded apk file. Do a "adb install filename.apk" (no quotes). App installed.

If want root

1. Download and install Kingroot from https://kingroot.net/
2. Run it to root the xp5.

Edit build.prop to get hotspot working on unlocked AT&T model.

1. Install a build.prop editor from apkmirror.com "adb install filename.apk" (no quotes)

2. Open build.prop editor
3. Scroll down to #system prop for Service Entitlement. Change att.service.entitlement=true to false. At the very end add net.tethering.noprovisioning=true.
4. Save and reboot

Due to the screen being non-touch, you may run into apps not being fully compatible. I used jrummy build.prop editor ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor with success. I also use Zello ptt (free push to talk which is not carrier dependant. Will also run on any android or iphone. https://zello.com/ )

can you please share on how to use google map on this phone? it seems the app is not compatible with non-touch phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

6. Install and login

Hope this helps