[ROM][PORT][4.8.22]MIUI Tablet Edition for Grouper | KitKat

Search This thread

motorazrv3

Dec 30, 2011
Ruhrpott
I can't believe how good this port is working an my nexus 7!

I got thick of that ****y slow and laggy android 5.1.1.

Now the nexus is fast again. And beautiful as a side affect.

Thank you for this fantastic working port.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

JeanPi23

May 5, 2011
Had the EXACT same problem... Couldn't bypass welcome screen. Hardly bodes well for stability. Should at least be added to "Known Issues" in the OP since it is clearly, a KNOWN ISSUE.

The fact that 9/10ths of posts are about the EXACT same issue can mean one of two things:

1) Not everyone is reading the entire thread. Well, we know that happens.
2) Maybe the OP should acknowledge that this is a KNOWN ISSUE to save everyone the time of having to search the thread, and maybe save a lot of people time replying to the same problem for those who didn't read the thread. Expecting everyone to read an entire thread for install directions that vary from the norm is ludicrous.

EDIT
I give the ___ up.... I did exactly what everyone says on the second go. Factory wipe, flash MIUI (without GAPPS), boot to Welcome screen... and it's stuck again. It will let me select WiFi, but refuses to go any farther and just takes me back to the language selection.

THREE TRIES.... first time, yes I flashed Gapps (has NEVER been a problem in the past for me ever since Gapps has existed).

Second and Third tries, I double and triple checked that I factory wiped, and that I DID NOT FLASH GAPPS... Yet it still gets stuck on the welcome/wifi loop. I have wasted an hour on this.

Maybe it's too late because this thread is dead, but i had the same problem as you. I fixed it by deleting the rom from the system and re installing. It then gave me a different setup screen and worked.

RainGater

Aug 5, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Anyone know how to make the widgets run all the time? For example, my Clock HD Widget doesn't seem to update the time until I click it.

I am guessing some setting is putting all the widgets to sleep and wonder what it could be. Any ideas?

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Anyone know how to make the widgets run all the time? For example, my Clock HD Widget doesn't seem to update the time until I click it.

I am guessing some setting is putting all the widgets to sleep and wonder what it could be. Any ideas?
Same here, this ROM is sweet but this issue bugs me. There has to be some way to make them update I just can't find it.

nizambakhshi

Feb 11, 2016
Download mirror for MIUI v7 ROM for grouper

Dear Dev,
please some upload these ROM on basketbuild.com or any other mirror.

spuru

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Folks,
I am a newbie of xda forum but I have already flashed some devices.
I would like know what is the latest stable MIUI for Nexus 7 2012 WiFi (no 3G) because I do not understand what means "porting from nexus 7 2013 for grouper".
Thanks.

starfall88

Apr 11, 2007
Very good ROM for this device. Thanks for posting the download link again.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

You don't have to flash the Gapps. Install Google installer v2 and you will get play store.

fraddy91

May 26, 2013
After laggy 7.1.2, decided to install today multilingual miui 4.8.15, great rom, thank you!
Make themes work by installing original mi launcher (version 3.8.0 on this moment), it have own theme app, everything works perfect, lockscreen, wallpapers, icons... Tablet really looks great and fast, this is second life :)
Also checked font and ringtones, all is ok.
It have no landscape mode, but there is modified version that can. So this is great, i continue to experiment with other mi apps.

Last edited:

bogo69

Sep 7, 2010
Cluj Napoca
Hello! After 2 days charging I was able to boot up my old Nexus 7 but it's too slow and unresponsive when turning on wifi on 7.1.2
Does anyone still have a copy of the latest miui build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    115848q6bl66ltz66kjm6c.png

Clearly these are images of the Nexus 7 2013 but you get the idea​

This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2.

Downloads Gapps not included in the ROM
    Download the latest version of the ROM here
    Gapps 4.4.2

Multilanguage ROM Downloads Available Here

Known Issues
    NFC Removed Intentionally due to FCs

**It seems that there is a bug with some devices. After flashing the ROM they are unable to get past the Miui setup, more specifically the wifi setup.**
    If this is true I invite you to try the following based on your Recovery.

Others had success with the following:

TWRP Recovery? = When you wipe, do an Advanced Wipe and select everything except for Internal SDCard and USB-OTG.

Philz Advanced Recovery? = Perform a full wipe to install a new ROM

CWM? = Don't know unfortunately, I haven't tested with this recovery. Maybe there is an option like Philz to full wipe to install a new ROM

Thanks
    @pspunderground - This build would not have been possible without your help! Thank you so much
    Xiaomi - For building Miui v6 for the Nexus 7 2013 model
    Paranoid Android Team for the AOSPA base
    @PulseDroid - Thank you for the Amazing YouTube video!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIUI Official Changelogs

[System]
    Fix - Sound cracked when playing recordings (Mi 3 WCDMA) (4.8.21)

[Camera]
    Optimization - Macro focus effect (Mi 3 WCDMA/Mi 4) (4.8.21)

[Security]
    New - Support copying the content of blocked messages (8-20)

[Clock/Calculator]
    Fix - Clock volume could not go back to normal after setting phone to vibrate mode (8-22)

As you may know, MIUI 6 was released on Aug. 16! We've been focusing on fixing bugs in MIUI 6 to make it more stable, so that more people can use it as soon as possible. We haven't spent too much time on MIUI V5 this week. Sorry about this. Really hope you could understand. We'll start developing new features very soon. Please stay tuned.

MIUI 4.8.15 Full Changelog
    [System]
    Optimization - Noise suppression parameters in low illumination level (Mi 4) (8-13)
    Fix - Some apps would FC in opening or operating (Mi 3 TD) (8-13)
    Fix - Sometimes could not adjust media volume (Mi 3 WCDMA) (8-13)
    Fix - Could not recognize some TF card (Mi Pad) (8-13)

[Gallery]
    Fix - Sometimes, the red dot in Cloud albums showed incorrectly (8-13)

[Security]
    Optimization - Enhanced stability of Saver function (8-13)

[Explorer]
    Fix - Some items were invalid when sending files (8-13)

MIUI ROM 4.8.1 Full Changelog

[System]
    Fix - Sometimes sound would crack when using speaker (Mi 3/Mi Pad) (7-31)
    Fix - Compass wasn't calibrated after choosing to calibrate it (Mi 3 TD) (7-31)
    Fix - If enabled recording function for incoming calls, user would hear cracked sound or couldn't hear any sound (Mi 3 TD) (7-31)
    Fix - HDCP check failed for wireless display (Mi 3 TD) (7-31)

[Lockscreen, Status bar, Notification Shade]
    Fix - Signal bars and WiFi icon didn't show in some themes (7-29)

[Camera]
    Fix - When taking pictures using front camera, thumbnail direction differed from the original image direction (Mi 3 WCDMA) (7-31)

[Music]
    Fix - It would FC when connecting phones with Mi Box (7-31)

[Browser]
    Optimization - Optimized night mode (7-30)

[Security]
    New - Blocklist supports reporting junk messages (7-29)

[Xiaomi Service Security Plugin]
    New - Support choosing between system account and MiTalk account when logging in (8-1)
    New - Added SNS interface (8-1)
    Optimization - Integrated MiTalk and current SDK interface (8-1)
    Fix - Editing order information page would FC when pressing the blank area (8-1)

[Scanner]
    New - New UI (8-1)
    New - Support recognizing QR code in local images (8-1)
    New - Supporting scanning to check if a website is safe (8-1)
    Optimization - Accuracy of QR code recognition (8-1)
    Finished and uploaded 4.5.16. Enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hey all, I'm alive an well but I have been working 8 days in a row and haven't had time to update the ROM. I haven't forgot about it. If you need immediate assistance with the ROM, please PM me. Thanks!
    Hey all, just finished and uploaded 4.4.18 with a bunch of bug fixes including that pesky inability to change lockscreen wallpaper! Also fixed some misc stuff too. Please abuse the ROM this week and let me know if you experience any issues and also report back if you had a bug that was resolved with this release :)

Enjoy!
    This rom is jelly bean i am certain of that with few features ported from kitkat...
    U can even see the jelly bean easteregg if u go to about phone
    Keep clicking on model number nexus 7
    Long press k and then again long press android logo u will see the jelly bean easter egg onstead of kitkat
    Further the on screen buttons are non transparent

Why did you come into this thread to try and discredit my ROM? What have you ported lately? If you knew anything about porting then you would know that the entire framework and app folder are moved over from the Miui (or whatever) ROM you are porting which means that you inherit most of the crap from that ROM. You are basing your theory on an Easter egg ?

What you are seeing my friend is obviously something that was missed by the Miui Team or they felt the need not to change it. Seeing as how this ROM is based on KitKat 4.4.2, I invite you to tell the Paranoid Android Team that their Kitkat ROMs are not actually Kitkat but JellyBean with some Kitkat features. They will likely tell you to go pound sand but I'm not like that :D

I appreciate the fact that you looked to make sure but I assure you that the base of this ROM is Kitkat. The libs and bins were all compiled with kitkat. If the framework and apps were not kitkat it would not boot. Also, you installed the kitkat G-Apps didn't ya? Those dont work on any version on Jellybean