[REF] Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

Search This thread

tigerlocc

Sep 1, 2010
i have only one sd-card adapter so i can't mount both cards at the same time. is this necessary ? so i'm tryin now to handle thiw with dd from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd.

i flashed wp7 and now i'm copying the image of the resulted sd card from usb to my harddrive an then i'll try to copy the created image on my bigger card and format the free space. hopefully this will work. i'll give a feedback if it works.

Hey Gen, I had that issue too when I initially was setting up my cards. I ended up using my hd2 and my external card reader (my pc came with a crappy card reader that ended up becoming useless).

If you try this method make sure you DO NOT boot into WP7 until your card is ready. I would pull up the MAGLDR menu (hold the red button when booting phone) and then choose USB Mass Storage. Connect your USB cord from your computer to your phone and you're straight. Let us know how that churns out

Last edited:

darrengladysz

Sep 19, 2008
Montreal
Oh so that workaround does work? Did you try adjusting your APN settings for the mobile network issue?

Weird issue with the phone not being able to read my sim card. So phone and network are not working.

Tried other build in 1st post and no problem.

Build is Mccm hd desire 4 - very nice btw.

tigerlocc

Sep 1, 2010
Good news Darren I finally got it haha! I remember reading somewhere someone mentioning it's recommended to partition the drive with the windows partition tool versus a 3rd party program.

What I did was connect to USB Mass Storage through MAGLDR, then pulled up "My Computer", right clicked on sd card, chose format and set is as FAT32 with 64KB and quick format checked.

After this I went and got a copy of Dom's recommended Core Droid, modified the rootfs.img file per instructions here, and then copied the build to my SD Card.

I then went back to MAGLDR's main menu, went down to "9. Services", then chose "1.Boot Services" then "3.AD SD Dir" and from there chose the fresh Android folder I just placed onto my sd card.

That took me back to the main menu - from here I chose "2. Boot Android SD" waited about 10 minutes and BAM! it loaded up.

So the whole point and what I think the main culprit was - the formatting. After I re-formatted my FAT32 partition with the Windows tool as described above it worked. Now onto the experimentation - PSFreedom anyone? haha

gencaslan

Dec 8, 2008
Berlin
UPDATE :

you don't really need dd if you don't need backup.

1. install wp7 nand with the smaller card inside.
2. put the bigger card in the phone and the smaller card in your card-reader. select mass storage mode and copy the unallocated partition over from the smaller card to the bigger cards end with the partition manager.
3. create a fat32 partition at the beginning of the bigger card.

done

Preparation :

Download command-line tool dd from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd and extract to a folder on your computer C:\dd-0.6beta3

Download the partition manager from http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm and install.

1. Flash WP7 with smaller sd-card mounted in your mobile device. (about 10 - 20 minutes)

2. make an image of your sd.

Open a Console
XP : Start -> Execute -> cmd.exe .
Win7 : Start -> Enter in Searchfield -> cmd.exe

change to the folder where dd was extracted to

mount the sd-card in an (usb) sd-adapter. the command is described in http://www.chrysocome.net/dd "Read the entire USB memory device" BUT use at least bs=4M as block size if you use 1M it will take hours. (about 5 -10 mins)
you can try greater values as 4M as the usb2-standard allows up to 30M per second (see http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm#4). 8M is optimum for me.
C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 of=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress

3. write image to bigger card. put bigger card in the (usb) sd-adapter and execute the following command. (about 5 -10 minutes)
C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 if=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress

4. use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space at the end of the bigger sd-card. make it NOT primary. ( 20 - 30 minutes)

5. delete the 200MB fat16 and the first wp7 partition. (few seconds)

6. create fat32 partition with the partition tool on the unallocated space . select it as primary. (few seconds)

credits to all uf us.

you can skip step one if you did an image once. so the whole process takes about an hour. also you can use the image-file as backup if you mess around with wp7 or ruin your card or something. just copy back the image on a new card.

Take a look at Fmstrats usefull tips.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10984205&postcount=416

Last edited:

tigerlocc

Sep 1, 2010
ok that seems to speed up the process. and it works.

1. Flass WP7 with small sd-card inside. (about 10 - 20 minutes)
2. make an image of your sd. the command is described in http://www.chrysocome.net/dd "Read the entire USB memory device" BUT use at least bs=4M as block size if you use 1M it will take hours. (about 5 mins)
you can try greater values as 4M as the usb2-standard allows up to 30M per second (see http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm#4). but i tried 4M for now.
3. write image to bigger card (about 5 minutes)
4. create fat32 partiotion with the partition tool on the unallocated space (10 seconds)

credits to all uf us.

Wow what an accomplishment great job gen. Are you up and running now? lol You did a lot better than I - it took me nearly 5 hours with partitioning and whatnot to get to where I am. From what I can see it looks like the whole process didn't even come close to an hour for you

aenedor

May 25, 2007
UPDATE : ok here's the solution. after step 3 use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space. that takes 20 - 30 minutes.

No card reader here so was only able to access one SD card at a time, is working just fine for me, WP7 on Nand and Desire Z on SD, followde all your instructions and the step above.

Thankyou for posting :)

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Yes ,use the modified intrid,search the thread~~

ok thanks

i will partition this tonight and see how it goes...

i saw an initrid attachment in 1 of the posts here, can i just replace and use that?

anyways, i used a 256MB SD Card (because I cant seem to find another one) and managed to boot

then Im going to move that 256MB sdcard partition to my 16GB Sandisk

can I expand it while moving?

darrengladysz

Sep 19, 2008
Montreal
ok thanks

i will partition this tonight and see how it goes...

i saw an initrid attachment in 1 of the posts here, can i just replace and use that?

anyways, i used a 256MB SD Card (because I cant seem to find another one) and managed to boot

then Im going to move that 256MB sdcard partition to my 16GB Sandisk

can I expand it while moving?

Don't waste your time with 256 mb sd. It is far too little for wp7. Might as well start wp7 without sd. I would say 4-8gb min to get useful use out of wp7.

No, there are no known ways to expand it so far.

Reactions: jcsy

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
thanks for the heads up so far

i was able to boot into WM7 using the 256MB SD however, like you said, it wouldnt bring much fulfilment in doing anything and if no expansion is possible, might as well wait for a higher capacity card

anyways, proof of concept was succesful

anyways, i will continue this tomorrow when i find at least 1GB or 2GB micro SD for this purpose and fall back to utilize my WM6.5+SUPERAM1.5 combination now.

thanks again :) (+1 button)

ricola7

Nov 3, 2009
I can't get the phone (call/text/3g) to work on core droid...

I tried running MDJ 4.6...had to edit the init.rc here too.
Result: The same as Core Droid...runs fast and smooth, every hardware works (wifi, camera, camcorder, gps, 3g, sound ...) ONLY THE PHONE DOES NOT WORK

The build darren pointed to in the first thread works FULLY for me too.

What I found is that this build is the only one that has its init.rc file in the system.ext2 image...maybe this makes a difference...I don't know...I will stick with this build for now...

EDIT: WORKS NOW. Thx to Daysey who supplied me with the correct init.rc file. The editing of the init.rc has to be done different...I found out what has to be done different and changed the tutorial...But don't worry about the how, just take the attached init.rc file if you want, it works now with this file!!!!!

Credits to Daysey.

Last edited:

iwanrakic

Jul 26, 2007
Belgrade
ok that seems to speed up the process. and it works.

1. Flash WP7 with smaller sd-card inside. (about 10 - 20 minutes)
2. make an image of your sd. the command is described in http://www.chrysocome.net/dd "Read the entire USB memory device" BUT use at least bs=4M as block size if you use 1M it will take hours. (about 5 -10 mins)
you can try greater values as 4M as the usb2-standard allows up to 30M per second (see http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm#4). 8M is optimum for me.

3. write image to bigger card (about 5 -10 minutes)

4. use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space at the end of the bigger sd-card. that takes 20 - 30 minutes
4. delete the 200MB fat16 and the first wp7 partition. (few seconds)
5. create fat32 partiotion with the partition tool on the unallocated space (few seconds)

credits to all uf us.

sry guys...this actually does'nt work for now. because i didn't find a way to resize the 200 MB FAT16 partition (or move the wp7 partion).

UPDATE :

ok here's the solution. after step 3 use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space. that takes 20 - 30 minutes.

you can skip step one if you did an image once. so the whole process takes about an hour.

I have successfully made img of my 4gb card (following your instructions), but I am stuck at 3rd step, it won't write it to 8gb card :(

This is error I'm getting:

C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 if=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img
bs=4M --size --progress
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.6beta3.
Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>
This program is covered by terms of the GPL Version 2.

0M Error writing file: 5 Access is denied
0M
1+0 records in
0+0 records out

Tried with 8M, 4M, 2M nothing :(

Btw. Sd card is working, tried to copy some files to it, and it worked... :(

gencaslan

Dec 8, 2008
Berlin
I have successfully made img of my 4gb card (following your instructions), but I am stuck at 3rd step, it won't write it to 8gb card :(

This is error I'm getting:

C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 if=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img
bs=4M --size --progress
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.6beta3.
Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>
This program is covered by terms of the GPL Version 2.

0M Error writing file: 5 Access is denied
0M
1+0 records in
0+0 records out

Tried with 8M, 4M, 2M nothing :(

Btw. Sd card is working, tried to copy some files to it, and it worked... :(

i had the same issue..try First to remove the usb drive and plug it in again. If that does not help reformat and start Over.

rbrookstx

Oct 15, 2008
Mckinney, TX
WP7 Partition

in reading the specs that wp7 appears to be using for FSL, I think the only way to expand the volume is to expose the keys that lock the FS, unlock it, resize the volume, then relock the FS with those keys (though as I understand it the size is part of the hash value, so changing the size should change the hash value. Does that sound about right? Anyone else have any ideas?

darrengladysz

Sep 19, 2008
Montreal
please give me this tut in german language my english is not good

I don't know what it says, but here goes. If someone who is fluent and German and English can validate this, it would be appreciated.

TUTORIAL:

Wp7 und Android können Sie zur gleichen Zeit. Sie haben Wp7 im Nand und führen android von die gleiche sd-Karte oder eine andere sd-Karte, die Sie swap werden, wenn Sie Android von sd ausführen möchten. Sie können keine wp7 und Android von Nand gleichzeitig jedoch ausführen.

WIE PARTITIONIEREN DER SD-KARTE, EINE DUALE-BOOT WINDOWS PHONE 7 UND SD-ANDROID ZU HABEN

Der Zweck dieser Übung ist zum detail einer Methode wie man wp7 und sd android teilen die gleiche sd-Karte zu erhalten. Derzeit wollen Sie Wp7 im Nand und Android auf der sd, haben haben 2 Möglichkeiten Sie. A. B. Partition oder sd-Karten tauschen Ihre sd-Karten als detaillierte jenseits. IMO partitionieren die sd-Karte wie detaillierte jenseits der sicherste Weg für ein dual-Boot von der gleichen sd-Karte (anstelle von swapping sd-Karten) ist als wp7 eine android sd-Karte versehentlich Ruine Links im Telefon.

Wp7 verwendet ein spezielles Format für seine sd-Karte und Sie können nicht einfach kopieren Android auf dieser Partition, da es nicht zugänglich ist. Wp7 schafft auch eine fat32-Partition von 200 mb, aber diese Partition ist zu klein, um einen Androiden Build installieren. Ich kenne keine Mittel, um die Wp7-Partition auf der sd-Karte entweder zu verkleinern.

Dies basiert auf ike2903's Anweisungen und alle Credits gehen ihm sowie zu anderen auf Xda. Ich bin kein Entwickler und Guess gerade Glück immer Dinge zu arbeiten.

Hinweis an die Moderatoren, wenn dieser Beitrag im Bereich falsch ist bitte verschieben Sie auf die richtige. Vielen Dank.

WAS SIE BENÖTIGEN:

1. Zwei sd-Karten.

Ein großes man und eine kleinere. Ich verwende eine 8 gb und eine 16 gb-Karte. Größeren werden Ihre ständige sd-Karte und kleineren ermöglicht es Ihnen, erhalten eine kleinere Partition wp7 ausführen, die Sie auf die größere sd-Karte kopieren.

2. Sd-Partitionssoftware.

Ich verwendete EASEUS Partition Manager-Software ALL-IN-ONE und es funktionierte. Es ist kostenlos zum Download bereit, und hier ist der Link: http://www.Partition-Tool.com/Download.htm

ANWEISUNGEN

1. Unterladen Sie hin und setzen Sie Easeus Partition Manager bei.

2. Legen Sie Ihre kleine sd-Karte in Ihr Telefon. Flash-WP7 Rom mit Magldr 1.1.2. Lassen Sie das Telefon zurückzusetzen und wp7 zu starten. Damit wird WP7 um Ihre kleineren sd-Karte mit einer Partition zu formatieren.

3. Schalten Sie Ihr Telefon und entfernen Sie die kleinere sd-Karte.

4. Schließen Sie beide sd-Karten in Ihrem pc. Die größeren und kleineren.

5. Verkehren Sie Easeus Partition Manager. Sie sollten sowohl die kleineren und größeren-sd-Karten sehen. Auf Ihrer sd-Karte mit kleineren sollte es 2 Partitionen. Eine Fat 16-Partition von 200 mb und einer anderen Partition genannt unformatiert, der Rest der kleineren sd aufgreift. Diese "unformatierte Partition" ist eigentlich Ihre wp7-Partition. Siehe angehängte Bild.

6. Löschen Sie die Partition Ihrer größeren sd-Karte. Hierzu wählen Sie die Partition und rechts klicken Sie auf Löschen (Menü funktioniert auch). Vergessen Sie nicht, klicken Sie auf "anwenden".

7. Kopieren und die Größe der fat16-Partition der kleineren sd-Karte zu Ihrer größeren sd-Karte. Hierzu wählen Sie die Partition auf Ihrer kleineren sd-Karte, Rechtsklick (oder verwenden Sie das Menü) und wählen Sie kopieren, und folgen Sie den auf dem Bildschirm-Assistenten kopieren. Sie können es zu fat32 als auch ändern. Beim Ändern der Größe, müssen Sie einige Mathematik zu tun. Nehmen Sie die Größe Ihrer größeren sd-Karte und subtrahieren Sie die Größe der "unformatiert" Teilung auf Ihre kleineren sd-Karte und legen Sie diesen Wert als der Resize-Wert für die fat16-Partition, die Sie kopieren. Mit anderen Worten, wenn die unformatierte Partition ist 8gh und Sie setzen Dinge auf eine 16 gb sd-Karte dann einrichten den Resize-Wert auf ca. 8 gb. Klicken Sie auf "anwenden"

8. Verwenden dasselbe Verfahren wie in 7 beschrieben, die "unformatierte" Partition aus Ihrer kleineren sd-Karte in die größere sd-Karte kopieren. Klicken Sie auf "anwenden".

NEUER Schritt: Vor dem Kopieren von Ihrem Androiden Builds und während noch im Windows-format Fat 32 Partition mit 32 oder 64 kb Sektoren Verwenden WINDOWS EXPLORER OR MY COMPUTER zu FORMAT. Dies sollte mit Geschwindigkeit helfen. Ich verwendete 64 kb-Sektoren. Ich verwende den Desire_Z-Build in diesem Beitrag und alles, was in den Desire_z-Ordner eingerichtet

9. Kopieren Sie Ihr android sd-Build auf die fat32-Partition. (siehe unten für die Liste der Arbeiten der Builds)

10. Entfernen Sie die größere sd-Karte und legen Sie es in Ihrem Telefon.

11. Starten Sie das Telefon neu und halten Sie die "rote Ende-Taste" um das Magldr-Boot-Menü aufzurufen.

12. In Magldr 1.1.2 verwenden Sie Volume down, um zum "9. Services"und klicken Sie auf"grüne Taste Telefon"auswählen.

13. Verwenden Sie Volumen-Knöpfe zum Auswählen von "1. Bootsettings"und klicken Sie auf"grüne Taste Telefon"auswählen.

14. Verwenden Sie Volumen-Knöpfe auswählen "2. Immer im Menü "und"grüne Taste Telefon"klicken Sie auf auswählen. Diese geben Ihnen das Madldr-Menü Telefon beim Start erlauben Ihnen, wp7 oder sd android als Ihre Boot-Wahl zu wählen.

15. Klicken Sie auf die "grüne Taste Telefon" zu bestätigen.

16. Sobald Sie Schritte getan haben, die 12 bis 15 Sie zurück zum anfänglichen Magldr 1.1.2 Menü geholt werden.

17. Wieder verwenden Sie Volume down zu gehen "9. Services"und klicken Sie auf"grüne Taste Telefon"auswählen.

18. Verwenden Sie Volumen-Knöpfe zum Auswählen von "1. Bootsettings"und klicken Sie auf"grüne Taste Telefon"auswählen.

19. Verwenden Sie Volumen-Knöpfe zu "3. Wählen Sie AD SD Dir"und klicken Sie auf"grüne Taste Telefon"auswählen.

20. Wählen Sie den Ordner, wo sich Ihr sd android Build befindet.

21. Setzen Sie Ihr Telefon aus, und geben Sie Magldr 1.1.2.

22. Zu einen Fußtritt geben hinein wp7 select Boot "1. Boot WPH' oder sd Booten Android auswählen "2. Boot SD AD"

23. Umladend hinein Android sd ist lang. Guess, dass android Nand hat uns verwöhnt.

ALTERNATIVE METHODE

Hier ist eine alternative Methode zur Verfügung gestellt von Gencaslan, dies zu tun:

http://xdaforums.com/Show...1 & postcount = 64

HINWEISE:

Achten Sie darauf, dass Sie Ihre sd-Karten als wp7 Löscht alle backup, die auf Ihnen ist.

Diese Methode funktioniert für mich, aber ich übernehmen keine Verantwortung für alles, was auf Ihr Handy geschieht.

Sie sollten in der Lage, Ihr Telefon mit Windows-Markt zu reaktivieren, aber ich kann nicht garantieren, dass dies. Wieder ich habe Markt 4 mal so weit aktiviert.

GETESTETE SD-BUILDS:

Nicht alle sd baut Arbeit.

Ich habe versucht einige ältere sd-Builds und konnte nicht abgerufen werden, Sie funktionieren wie einige Dateien geändert werden müssen.

Diesein Werk als mich jedoch:

[Jan 12][DL DesireZ v2. 2][SD][PPP/RMNET][Base 1.72.466.4][SquashFS][UTF8 & Arabisch] Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881937

Nur um klar zu sein, bin ich Wp7 im Nand und ein android sd-Build auf der gleichen sd-Karte laufen.

Wenn Sie wissen von Android sd builds geändert wurden, und Arbeit bitte Post sd baut, dass Arbeit, und ich versuchen wird, um die Liste zu aktualisieren.

Siehe arbeiten hier in der Nähe:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913964

Vielen Dank

syther

Mar 9, 2010
Wien
Hey guys,

isnt there a way to do this with only one sd card, i cant buy one atm because shops are closed :O and i want android and WP7 on my HD2 now hehehe

ty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TUTORIAL:

You can have Wp7 and android at the same time. You will have Wp7 in Nand and run android from the same sd card or another sd card that you will swap when you want to run Android from sd. You can't run wp7 and android from Nand at the same time however.

HOW TO PARTITION YOUR SD CARD TO HAVE A DUAL BOOT OF WINDOWS PHONE 7 AND SD ANDROID

The purpose of this tutorial is to detail a method on how to get wp7 and sd android sharing the same sd card. At present, if you want to have Wp7 in nand and android on the sd, you will have 2 choices. A. swap sd cards or B. Partition your sd cards as detailed hereafter. IMO partition the sd card as detailed hereafter is the safest route for a dual boot from the same sd card (instead of swapping sd cards) as wp7 will ruin an android sd card inadvertently left in the phone.

Wp7 uses a special format for its sd card and you cannot simply copy android on this partition as it is not accessible. Wp7 also creates a fat32 partition of 200 mb but this partition is too small to install an android build. I am not aware of any means to resize the Wp7 partition on the sd card either.

This is based on ike2903’s instructions and all credits go to him as well as to others on xda. I am not a developer and guess just got lucky getting things to work.

Note to moderators, if this post is in the wrong area, please move it to the correct one. Thanks.

METHOD ONE - USING TWO SD CARDS

WHAT YOU NEED:

1. TWO sd cards.

A large one and a smaller one. I am using a 8gb and a 16gb card. The larger one will be your permanent sd card and the smaller one will enable you to obtain a smaller partition to run wp7 that you will copy to the larger sd card.

2. Sd partition software.

I used EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager Software and it worked. It is free to download and here is the link: http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download and install Easeus Partition Manager.

2. Insert your small sd card into your phone. Flash WP7 Rom using Magldr 1.1.2. Let the phone reset and start wp7. This will allow WP7 to format your smaller sd card with its partition.

3. Turn off your phone and remove the smaller sd card.

4. Plug in both sd cards in your pc. The larger and the smaller one.

5. Run Easeus Partition Manager. You should see both the smaller and larger sd cards. On your smaller sd card, there should be 2 partitions. A fat 16 partition of 200 mb and another partition called unformatted which takes up the rest of the smaller sd. This “unformatted partition” is actually your wp7 partition. See attached picture.

6. Delete the partition of your larger sd card. To do this, select the partition and right click delete (menu also works). Don’t forget to click “apply”.

7. Copy and resize the fat16 partition of your smaller sd card to your larger sd card. To do this, select the partition on your smaller sd card, right click (or use the menu) and select copy and follow the onscreen wizard to copy. You can change it to fat32 as well. When resizing, you need to do some math. Take the size of your larger sd card and subtract the size of the “unformatted” partition of on your smaller sd card and set this value as the resize value for the fat16 partition that you are copying. In other words, if the unformatted partition is 8gh and you are setting things up on a 16gb sd card then set the resize value to approx. 8gb. Click “apply”

8. Using same procedure as outlined in 7, copy the “unformatted” partition from your smaller sd card to the larger sd card. Click “apply”.

NEW STEP: Before copying your android build and while still in windows format the fat 32 partition using 32 or 64 kb sectors USE WINDOWS EXPLORER OR MY COMPUTER TO FORMAT. This should help with speed. I used 64 kb sectors. I am using the desire_Z build in this post and set up everything in the desire_z folder

9. Copy your android sd build onto the fat32 partition. IMPORTANT - Do not use usb mass storage as there is some data corruption problems. Remove your sd card to copy (see below and thread for list of working builds - IMPORTANT you need to have a modified rootfs.img file where nand_init was added to init.rc and you need to copy and replace the existing rootfs.img file of the sd build else it won't work)

10. Remove the larger sd card and insert it into your phone.

11. Reboot the phone and hold the “red end key” to enter the magldr boot menu.

12. In Magldr 1.1.2 use volume down to go to “9. Services” and click “green phone button” to select.

13. Use volume buttons to select “1. Bootsettings” and click “green phone button” to select.

14. Use volume buttons to select “2. Always Menu” and click “green phone button” to select. This will give you the Madldr menu on phone startup to allow you to choose wp7 or sd android as your boot choice.

15. Click the “green phone button” to confirm.

16. Once you’ve done steps 12 to 15 you will be brought back to the initial magldr 1.1.2 menu.

17. Again, use volume down to go to “9. Services” and click “green phone button” to select.

18. Use volume buttons to select “1. Bootsettings” and click “green phone button” to select.

19. Use volume buttons to select “3. AD SD Dir” and click “green phone button” to select.

20. Select the folder where your sd android build is located.

21. Reset your phone and enter Magldr 1.1.2.

22. To boot into wp7 select boot “1. Boot WPH” or to boot sd android select “2. Boot SD AD”

23. Booting into android sd is long. Guess having android nand has spoiled us.

SECOND METHOD - USING A SINGLE SD CARD

Here is an alternate method provided by gencaslan to do this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10643011&postcount=64

THIRD METHOD - USING A SINGLE SD CARD - HERE IS ANOTHER ALTERNATE METHOD PROPOSED BY XDA MEMBER HYELLOW (UPDATED)

1. Put your sd card inside the hd2 and power on.

2. Go to about screen, in settings, and reset your device. Let it reset and boot to WP7 again. While booting to WP7, it'll create the partitions it needs, so this is important. After you have gone through the setup wizard, go to about screen and reset your device again.

3. When it has booted into magldr screen, remove the sd card and insert into pc. (make sure that magldr is shown and stays there at bootup, otherwise it'll boot straight into wp7 without sd card and that is not what we want.

4. You'll see two partitions. A whopping 200mb of fat16 partition and the other is unformatted. Now right click on the unformatted partition and click delete. After that, click apply. Now you have unallocated space. Right click on the unallocated space and select create. Set parameters to logical and unformatted and size the partition. This will be your WP7 partition, so decide how much you want to allocate to it, this is permanent, no changes afterwards can be made. Also, make sure you move it to the end of the sd card in the same 'create' window. Hit apply. IMPORTANT When using this method make sure that the wp7 "unformatted partition" is larger than the Android partition otherwise the wp7 "unformatted partition" will move in 2nd place and you will not be able to resize the fat 16 / android partition.

5. Sit back and take a break.

break.

6. You now have a green fat16 partition to the left, some unallocated grey portion in the middle and your WP7 partition in modern turqoise colour on the far right. Agreed? Now remove the sd card from PC and insert in HD2.

7. After you have inserted the sd card, let it boot into WP7. Remember what your last action was when you were still in WP7? Yes, you pressed reset, so the device actually thinks he is still resetting the device. He might do it too, but just go through the setup wizard again.

8. Go to about screen and verify your storage. Don't look strange if when the storage has a different of about 1Gb, this is swallowed by WP7 for system stuff etc. Are you happy with the progress so far? Then power down your device and remove the sd card. Allow the HD2 to fully powered down as sometimes the screen is pitch black, but the device is still turning off.

9. Insert the sd card in pc and, using EASUS right click on the green fat 16 partition and select resize/move. Now fill up the rest of the unallocated space and hit apply. This is your android partition.

10. Format the sd android partition (not the whole sd card!) using EASUS to FAT32 using 32 or 64 kb cluster size and put an android build onto it and test.

11. IMPORTANT You need to convert the wp7 unformatted partition to primary for the sd android to see the sd card Use minitool partition wizard to do this. Right click on your WP7 unformatted partition and select modify and then click on set as primary and hit apply. Here is the link for minitool: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10887494&postcount=372

HERE IS A 2 CARD METHOD POSTED BY NZXTNEO

(I created a 4gb WP7 build and allocated the rest to Android)

Copy everything in this vid exactly!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTHRAUHZHlo
    (I used an 8gb SD card for this step)
    Then connect the 8gb SD and a 16gb SD to a computer via card readers. (Yes this will be a 2 SD card process)
    Open EASEUS Partition Master
    Delete any partitions on the 16gb SD so that it reads as unallocated
    Hit apply
    Right click the unformatted partition of the 8gb SD and select copy
    Move the unformatted partition to the larger unallocated SD card
    Drag the 4gb partition all the way to the right
    Hit apply
    (Please note the move step will take a long time)

The unallocated partition is now ready for you to format for use with Android

VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS

Geolo has made a nice video tutorial and posted it on youtube. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0YI-SV4KiU

Here is another video by Geolo for persons with only 1 card and 1 card reader. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-cUdB4_5f4

NOTES:

Make sure you backup your sd cards as wp7 will erase all that is on them.

This method works for me but i take no responsibility for whatever may happen to your phone.

You should be able to reactivate your phone with windows market but I cannot guarantee this. I have re-activated market 4 times so far.

TESTED SD BUILDS:

Most builds should work but you will need an edited rootfs.img file for it to work. Have a look in the thread of the build you want if someone posted an edited rootfs.img file.

You can get a list of edited rootfs.img files here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913964

Thanks
    3in1 [WPH7 + ICS SD + ICS NativeSD] on Your HTC LEO​
    This method based on Geolo with my modifications
    Device requiments:
    • HTC LEO (HD2)
    • Card reader with support microSD
    • 2 microSD cards - 2Gb for WindowsPhone 7 & 8Gb (or higher) for Android builds
    • USB cable (miniUSB Device-PC)
    • PC with installed Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/Se7en (32/64)
    Software requiments (HD2):
    Software requiments (PC):
    Time requiments:
    • 1.5-2 hours for 1 card reader and mass storage mode on your phone
      or 20-40 minutes for 2 card readers (all partition operations without HD2)
    Difficultly level:
    • Advanced users (you may optimize any steps of this guide at your risk)
    • Beginner users (with basic knowledges of Windows (PC & Mobile editions), Android & Partitions), just do it step-by-step

So, if you are agree previous requiments and ready to begin - lets do it now

Step1. Prepare your sdcards
    • Insert your bigger (8Gb or higher) sdcard into card reader and connect it to your PC
    • MAKE FULL BACKUP ALL CARD DATA
    • Run Panasonic SDFormatter and begin format your sdcard as Full Erase mode
    • Done. Change your bigger (8Gb) sdcard to smaller (2Gb) sdcard and reconnect card reader to PC
    • MAKE FULL BACKUP ALL CARD DATA
    • No formatt req. because WP7 will do this for you at install & 1st start
    • Done!
    Step2. Install & setup WP7
    • Now, put your smaller sdcard in HD2 and turn it on
    • Choose 5th menu USB Flasher. Connect your HD2 to PC and execute install app (in my chooce, I'm used DAF.EXE (any other binary installer) app from HD2O© WMP7 Tango ROM)
    • Wait until the install process of WP7 to your HD2
    • Done! Device will rebooted automaticly
    • In MAGLDR choose 1st menu Boot WHP and WP7 will be booted
    • Complete stup your WP7 (language, time zone, date, time etc.) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    • After complete setup, turn off your HD2. Do not reset setting to default from About menu! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    Step3. Partitions Task #1
    • Turn on your HD2 with smaller sdcard (2Gb/WP7)
    • In MAGLDR choose 4th menu USB MassStg and connect your HD to your PC
    • Insert your bigger (8Gb or higher) sdcard into card reader and connect it to your PC
    • Run EASEUS Partition Master. Now you can see your both sdcards, like this:
      Disk X (smaller sdcard 2GB/WP7)
      ** FAT16 200MB Primary
      ** Unformatted 1.65GB Primary
      Disk Y (bigger sdcard 8GB)
      ** FAT32 7.28GB Primary
    • Resize existing FAT32 partition on bigger sdcard by this calculate:
      ** For WP7 we need 2GB (2048MB)
      ** Other avaible space for Android builds
    • Press Apply. Now you have this:
      ** FAT32 5.28GB Primary
      ** Unallocated 2.01GB Logical
    • Copy 200MB FAT16 partition (on smaller sdcard) and paste it to Unallocated space of bigger sdcard
      ** FAT32 5.28GB Primary
      ** FAT16 191.11MB Primary
      ** Unallocated 1.82GB Logical
    • Copy 1.65GB Unformatted partition (on smaller sdcard) and paste it to Unallocated space of bigger sdcard
      ** FAT32 5.28GB Primary
      ** FAT16 191.11MB Primary
      ** Unformatted 1.65GB Primary
    • Check up partitions order:
      FAT32 -> FAT16 -> Unformatted -> Unallocated
      Where FAT32 (is your partition for Android builds SD & NativeSD), FAT16 & Unformatted (is your partitions by WP7)
    • Done!
    • Discinnect both sdcards, turn off phone and put in bigger sdcard
    Step4. Reconfigure WP7 & accept new sdcard
    • Turn on HD2 and start WP7 from MAGLDR by 1st menu Boot WPH
    • WP7 must be start and accepted your new sdcard with old (from smaller sdcard) partitions (FAT16 200MB and Unformatted 1.65GB)
    • Check it by App menu -> Settings -> About
      See attached screenshot
      If system shows Total Storage: 1.64GB and Avaible storage: 1.34GB you are man :laugh:
      Else, you make mistakes while making/copy partitions in 3rd step. Anyway, you can see video and check it again
    • Turn off your HD2
      :D
    Step5. Partitions Task #2
    • Replace bigger sdcard from HD2 and put it in card reader because we will work with partitions on this card
    • Connect card reader to PC and run MiniTool Partition Wizard
    • Now select 1st partition of sdcard (FAT32 5.28GB Primary) and resize it with next calculate:
      50% of size for Android SD builds and 50% for Android NativeSD builds
      But you choose your own size for your Android as you want
      ** FAT32 2.61GB Primary
      ** Unallocated 2.67GB Logical
      ** Unknown 191.11MB Primary
      ** Unknown 1.65GB Primary
    • Select Unallocaed (red) and choose Create New partition
    • Choose type Primary and system Ext4, then press OK
      ** FAT32 2.61GB Primary
      ** Ext4 2.67GB Primary
      ** Unknown 191.11MB Primary
      ** Unknown 1.65GB Primary
      ** Unallocated 182MB Logical
    Step6. Final
    • Now you have 1 device HTC LEO (HD2) with:
      - NAND partiotion with Windows Phone 7
      - FAT32 partition for Android SD/MAGLDR builds
      - EXT4 partition for Android NativeSD build
    • Are you happy? no? read this thread again :D
    If you can not understand step-by-step guide, see my video where I'm do it step-be-step specially for you :)
    DEV-HOST | 1360x768 HD
    UPDATE :

you don't really need dd if you don't need backup.

1. install wp7 nand with the smaller card inside.
    2. put the bigger card in the phone and the smaller card in your card-reader. select mass storage mode and copy the unallocated partition over from the smaller card to the bigger cards end with the partition manager.
    3. create a fat32 partition at the beginning of the bigger card.

done

Preparation :

Download command-line tool dd from http://www.chrysocome.net/dd and extract to a folder on your computer C:\dd-0.6beta3

Download the partition manager from http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm and install.

1. Flash WP7 with smaller sd-card mounted in your mobile device. (about 10 - 20 minutes)

2. make an image of your sd.

Open a Console
    XP : Start -> Execute -> cmd.exe .
    Win7 : Start -> Enter in Searchfield -> cmd.exe

change to the folder where dd was extracted to

mount the sd-card in an (usb) sd-adapter. the command is described in http://www.chrysocome.net/dd "Read the entire USB memory device" BUT use at least bs=4M as block size if you use 1M it will take hours. (about 5 -10 mins)
    C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd if=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 of=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress

3. write image to bigger card. put bigger card in the (usb) sd-adapter and execute the following command. (about 5 -10 minutes)
    C:\dd-0.6beta3>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 if=c:\dd-0.6beta3\usb2.img bs=8M --size --progress

4. use the partiotion manager to copy the wp7 partition to the unallocated space at the end of the bigger sd-card. make it NOT primary. ( 20 - 30 minutes)

5. delete the 200MB fat16 and the first wp7 partition. (few seconds)

6. create fat32 partition with the partition tool on the unallocated space . select it as primary. (few seconds)

credits to all uf us.

you can skip step one if you did an image once. so the whole process takes about an hour. also you can use the image-file as backup if you mess around with wp7 or ruin your card or something. just copy back the image on a new card.

Take a look at Fmstrats usefull tips.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10984205&postcount=416
    when it says you can run android and windows phone 7 off the memory card does that mean you can have windows 6.5 as well without the memory card
    No, WP7 takes up the NAND space, and you can boot Android from SD with magldr. Cotulla is working on a SD version of WM65 though, so if he successfully creates that, we will be able to boot WP7 from NAND and WM65 and Android from SD.

i did the partitioning successfully (8gb sandisk), but my android can only read the data.img (1gb) space as internal one & cant find the rest of the space as sd card (3gb) (it says there's no sd card inserted)
    hlep pleaz:confused:
    You have to use minitool partition manager to change your wp7 partition from logical to primary... then your android build will be able to mount your sd card successfully. I attached it for you.
    That's dope that there's these videos to help out people, but id like to see one showing how to do it with the alternate method with 1 card.. Mostly to see if peeps are even telling the truth saying its possible.. Like I said earlier, couldn't do it with that method, ended up having to do with two cards, 1 8gb card and 1 16gb for 8 per OS :[ (wanted majority for Zune music, but no dice)

Sent from my htc HD2/7 using Board Express

I am doing it with one sd card whole the time. Can't see why it is so hard to believe. If you are not able to do it following a very simple guide, then even I can not help you further.
    I have a 32gb sdcard that I tortured on the day it arrived, not knowing if I could make it happen or would destroy the card forever. First time i followed the tutorial using 2 sd cards and later I found en easier way, by accident though.
    Sure there might be someone able to make a video, but with all the help from other members, I don't think it can be that difficult to achieve the same, what I and others have done. I can however, explain it to you again, just let us know.

Ok, I am going to putt it down again for you and others that are still having problems to do it.

1. Put your sd card inside the hd2 and power on.
    2. Go to about screen, in settings, and reset your device. Let it reset and boot to WP7 again. While booting to WP7, it'll create the partitions it needs, so this is important. After you have gone through the setup wizard, go to about screen and reset your device again.
    3. When it has booted into magldr screen, remove the sd card and insert into pc. (make sure that magldr is shown and stays there at bootup, otherwise it'll boot straight into wp7 without sd card and that is not what we want.
    4. You'll see two partitions. A whopping 200mb of fat16 partition and the other is unformatted. Now right click on the unformatted partition and click delete. After that, click apply. Now you have unallocated space. Right click on the unallocated space and select create. Set parameters to logical and unformatted and size size the partition. This will be your WP7 partition, so decide how much you want to allocate to it, this is permanent, no changes afterwards can be made. Also, make sure you move it to the end of the sd card in the same 'create' window. Hit apply.
    5. Sit back and take a break.

break.

6. You now have a green fat16 partition to the left, some unallocated grey portion in the middle and your WP7 partition in modern turqoise colour on the far right. Agreed? Now remove the sd card from PC and insert in HD2.
    7. After you have inserted the sd card, let it boot into WP7. Remember what your last action was when you were still in WP7? Yes, you pressed reset, so the device actually thinks he is still resetting the device. He might do it too, but just go through the setup wizard again.
    8. Go to about screen and verify your storage. Don't look strange if when the storage has a different of about 1Gb, this is swallowed by WP7 for system stuff etc. Are you happy with the progress so far? Then power down your device and remove the sd card. Allow the HD2 to fully powered down as sometimes the screen is pitch black, but the device is still turning off.
    9. Insert the sd card in pc and right click on the green fat 16 partition and select resize/move. Now fill up the rest of the unallocated space and hit apply. This is your android partition. Put an android build onto it and test.
    10. If you want to convert your WP7 partition from logical to primary, please search in this thread for the the program: minitool partition wizard.
    Right click on your WP7 partition and, select modify and then click on set as primary and hit apply.

That's it.