Advance options in Camera menu.

Search This thread

forgotter

Mar 31, 2014
Silchar
A lot of people have been complaining about stock camera on Moto G. They complain of not having options to touch to focus, control picture size and many other things.

I decided to look at that and come it with a solution. I an not a Dev so I couldn't. But while clicking pics one day, I found advance option in stock camera in moto g to have these features.

To go to advance option on stock camera of moto g, first open the camera app then hold your phone horizontally. Now open settings by dragging your finger from left to right, when settings would open you can see a bug on the bottom on the right side of the screen. Click on this bug, and voila you'd be in advance configuration of the camera app. From here, you'll be able to change the size of your pics, can add face detection in front cam, touch to focus and many others.

Guys, enjoy.

iluvatrix

Aug 23, 2012
I can't see the bug on the bottom right of the screen. What stock cam version is this tried on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

forgotter

Mar 31, 2014
Silchar
I can't see the bug on the bottom right of the screen. What stock cam version is this tried on?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Camera version is 3.2.14.1
Download the attached pic and see in the bottom right corner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-20-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-20-19.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,460

jonovw

Dec 29, 2012
Christchurch
Thanks for the tip. Open the settings and the button appears where the video record button was

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Membrillo007

May 26, 2012
Nowhere
Just do it, working fine in my Moto G using C-Rom v5.7 :thumbup:
Screens

Sent from my Moto G using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396700327602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700327602.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396700342940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700342940.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396700350753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700350753.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,008
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396700359712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700359712.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 867
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396700366983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700366983.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 803
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396700373364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396700373364.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 736

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
for those who want the camera app with advanced setting option..
extract and push to system to install
not a flashable zip

Attachments

• motocam.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 156

forgotter

Mar 31, 2014
Silchar
Many people are not getting the bug so I, myself tried to find it the cause. The results that came out if my outcome is ; if you're on a custom ROM then and then only you can see the bug icon.

From those on the stock, you'll have to wait until I or someone other port the libs of camera and required files to stock ROM to enable that feature.

forgotter

Mar 31, 2014
Silchar
Guys, camera libs to Stock ROM seems to be impossible for me as whenever I do that, the stock ROM fails to boot up.

The only way you can get that is try custom took like C ROM or CM11. It is working on both of them, I don't know about others. Try it on other rooms too and see if it works.

KingUsman

Aug 4, 2013
OnePlus 8
Guys, camera libs to Stock ROM seems to be impossible for me as whenever I do that, the stock ROM fails to boot up.

The only way you can get that is try custom took like C ROM or CM11. It is working on both of them, I don't know about others. Try it on other rooms too and see if it works.

Other ROMs use the stock Google nexus camera

Sent from my Moto G using xda app-developers app

Fede37

Sep 17, 2013
A lot of people have been complaining about stock camera on Moto G. They complain of not having options to touch to focus, control picture size and many other things.

I decided to look at that and come it with a solution. I an not a Dev so I couldn't. But while clicking pics one day, I found advance option in stock camera in moto g to have these features.

To go to advance option on stock camera of moto g, first open the camera app then hold your phone horizontally. Now open settings by dragging your finger from left to right, when settings would open you can see a bug on the bottom on the right side of the screen. Click on this bug, and voila you'd be in advance configuration of the camera app. From here, you'll be able to change the size of your pics, can add face detection in front cam, touch to focus and many others.

Guys, enjoy.

I can't see the bug either

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-15-16-49-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-15-16-49-27.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

adityabenz

Dec 2, 2012
www.ab-dz.com
Working Perfectly :) !!

Guys, enjoy.

:D working perfectly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Guys, enjoy.
    Many people are not getting the bug so I, myself tried to find it the cause. The results that came out if my outcome is ; if you're on a custom ROM then and then only you can see the bug icon.

From those on the stock, you'll have to wait until I or someone other port the libs of camera and required files to stock ROM to enable that feature.