[MOD/THEME] [Stock ICS] Metal Gear Solid System Sounds, Boot Animations, Shutdown MP4

Search This thread

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
Hey Everyone
I've put together/created this MGS mod/theme or whatever you would like to call it for my WT19i.
NOTE: Only CERTAIN zip files is are FLASHABLE in CWM. For the other zip you must replace the files manually
What's Included:

MGS Codec ringtone
MGS Alert noise notification
Codec Lock/Unlock sounds
MGS Game Over Shutdown MP4 with sound (ShutDownAnimation.APK included if needed)
MGS menu Touch sounds

Boot Animations:

Walkman Green Boot Animation(With or Without Foxhound Logo) with Konami startup sound

Foxhound with Konami startup sound(No Walkman Logo)

Credits to H4MM3R311 & fritzgerald for Foxhound boot animation
Credits to Orochi for Green Walkman boot animation

Installation:

1. Make a backup of all files just in case(or a nandroid backup)

2. Place Effect_Tick.ogg, Lock.ogg, Unlock.ogg in "system/media/audio/ui" folder and set permissions

3. Place MGS codec.mp3 in "system/media/audio/ringtones" folder and set permissions

4. Place MGS found.mp3 in "system/media/audio/notifications" folder and set permissions

5. Place either of the Konami boot animations in "system/media" folder, rename to "bootanimation" and set permissions

6. Place shutdown.mp4 in "system/etc/customization/content/com/sonyericsson/shutdownanim" folder and set permissions
(shutdownanim folder may need to be created as I did not have one)

Optional Step needed for the shutdown animation to work (for those that don't have ShutDownAnimation.apk)

7. Place ShutDownAnimation.apk in "system/app/" folder and set permissions
Remember to set 644 permissions after replacing each file. Reboot and Enjoy

OR...

Flash any of the zips marked as "flashable" in CWM then reboot and enjoy

I am not in any way, shape, or form responsible for damage done to your phone and/or any phone calls you answer with "Colonel" *Snake's Voice*

Please, If I made a mistake posting let me know. This is my first Mod ;)

Thanks to arvarobert for flashable zip

Attachments

• 00026.png
    00026.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,367
  • FoxHound_0037.png
    FoxHound_0037.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,486
  • GameOver.gif
    GameOver.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,454
  • MGS_Theme_Manual_Install_by_NisMaxed.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 2,303
Last edited:

H4MM3R311

Aug 24, 2011
Boston
Hey Everyone
I've put together/created this MGS mod/theme or whatever you would like to call it for my WT19i.
NOTE: This zip file is NOT FLASHABLE in CWM. You must replace the files manually
What's Included:

MGS Codec ringtone
Codec Lock/Unlock sounds
MGS Game Over Shutdown MP4 with sound (ShutDownAnimation.APK included if needed)
MGS menu Touch sounds

Almost Included: :p

Walkman Green Boot Animation(With or Without Foxhound Logo) with Konami startup sound
(Waiting on original creators permission before I post the boot animation)

Installation:

2. Place Effect_Tick.ogg, Lock.ogg, Unlock.ogg in "system/media/audio/ui" folder and set permissions

3. Place MGS codec.mp3 in "system/media/audio/ringtones" folder and set permissions

4. Place MGS found.mp3 in "system/media/audio/notifications" folder and set permissions

5. Place shutdown.mp4 in "system/etc/customization/content/com/sonyericsson/shutdownanim" folder and set permissions

Optional Step needed for the shutdown animation to work (for those that don't have ShutDownAnimation.apk)

6. Place ShutDownAnimation.apk in "system/app/" folder and set permissions

I am not in any way, shape, or form responsible for damage done to your phone and/or any phone calls you answer with "Colonel" *Snake's Voice*

Hey thanks for contacting me, I forgot all about that boot animation I still love it. Yes go for it post it :)

Reactions: NisMaxed

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
Boot Animations up

Sorry for the wait guys but I've finally updated the post with boot animations :victory:
Enjoy

Grof87

May 29, 2013
Sorry for the wait guys but I've finally updated the post with boot animations :victory:
Enjoy

The flashable zip (walkman + foxhound) doesn't work for me (arvarobert's one works without any problem). It gives a ''cant open zip file (bad)'' error. I've extracted the boot animation and pushed it manually, works like a charm. I'm using xperia mini + rage kernel. Also are you planning on making a version without the walkman logo (only foxhound)?

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
The flashable zip (walkman + foxhound) doesn't work for me (arvarobert's one works without any problem). It gives a ''cant open zip file (bad)'' error. I've extracted the boot animation and pushed it manually, works like a charm. I'm using xperia mini + rage kernel. Also are you planning on making a version without the walkman logo (only foxhound)?

I apologize Grof87,
I hope I didn't screw up your phone or anyone else's :(
Flashables removed for now, I guess I don't know how to make them properly(still a noob)

But yes I can do Foxhound only, I have to go to work right now but I'll make it once I get out.
Once again, sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: Grof87

Grof87

May 29, 2013
I apologize Grof87,
I hope I didn't screw up your phone or anyone else's :(
Flashables removed for now, I guess I don't know how to make them properly(still a noob)

But yes I can do Foxhound only, I have to go to work right now but I'll make it once I get out.
Once again, sorry for the trouble.

No need to apologize :) everything is working great (it's just the flashables weren't working but if you push the files manually everything works), hope we'll get new ones soon ;)

Grof87

May 29, 2013
Thanks again for the Flashables. I have to learn how to make them myself :p
Also Grof87, I have added that Foxhound only boot for you in the main post.

Unfortunately it's not working, it gives a black screen with no music during boot (phone boots up normally), I've placed the file in system/media nad set the permissions to rw--r--r, foxhound with walkman works without a problem. Can you look into it?

EDIT: I've just flashed walkamn+foxhound thru CWM and it's giving me a simple ANDROID boot up animation??
EDIT2: Tried using the boot animation from your manual install zip (fox+walkman, fox only isn't working) and it's working perfectly, there's something wrong with those flashable zips

Last edited:

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
That's weird. I got those zips from arvarobert's links all I did was rename them and reupload. Let me test everything and try to get this straightened out
EDIT: Those zip were corrupted when i opened them with winrar, I will upload the proper ones soon
Sent from my WT19i

Last edited:

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
Ok So I went through and checked(checked for corrupted and installed through CWM) every file and re-uploaded them with proper ones.
I've also made the Foxhound only flashable.

There should be no more problems, Grof87 I really appreciate the feedback and your patience.(Now hopefully you can enjoy that boot animation that I promised you finally lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grof87

Grof87

May 29, 2013
Ok So I went through and checked(checked for corrupted and installed through CWM) every file and re-uploaded them with proper ones.
I've also made the Foxhound only flashable.

There should be no more problems, Grof87 I really appreciate the feedback and your patience.(Now hopefully you can enjoy that boot animation that I promised you finally lol)

No problem mate, thank you for taking the time to make these awesome animations, I've just tested the new foxhound only flashable and it's working!

Reactions: NisMaxed

NisMaxed

Jan 10, 2014
I'm unsure as I do not own a Galaxy Nexus. The sounds might work if you rename them to the files u want to replace

Sent from my WT19i

kev17

Feb 5, 2017
if this was still exist, how'd you set permissions? it seems that it cant even launched it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Everyone
    NOTE: Only CERTAIN zip files is are FLASHABLE in CWM. For the other zip you must replace the files manually
    What's Included:

MGS Codec ringtone
    Codec Lock/Unlock sounds
    MGS menu Touch sounds

Boot Animations:

Foxhound with Konami startup sound(No Walkman Logo)

Credits to H4MM3R311 & fritzgerald for Foxhound boot animation
    Credits to Orochi for Green Walkman boot animation

Installation:

5. Place either of the Konami boot animations in "system/media" folder, rename to "bootanimation" and set permissions

6. Place shutdown.mp4 in "system/etc/customization/content/com/sonyericsson/shutdownanim" folder and set permissions

7. Place ShutDownAnimation.apk in "system/app/" folder and set permissions

OR...

Flash any of the zips marked as "flashable" in CWM then reboot and enjoy

Thanks to arvarobert for flashable zip
    Here you go guys, a flashable zip.
    http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/18677957/file.html
    Thanks to NisMaxed.
    Hey Everyone
    NOTE: This zip file is NOT FLASHABLE in CWM. You must replace the files manually
    What's Included:

MGS Codec ringtone
    Codec Lock/Unlock sounds
    MGS menu Touch sounds

Almost Included: :p

(Waiting on original creators permission before I post the boot animation)

Installation:

5. Place shutdown.mp4 in "system/etc/customization/content/com/sonyericsson/shutdownanim" folder and set permissions

6. Place ShutDownAnimation.apk in "system/app/" folder and set permissions

Hey thanks for contacting me, I forgot all about that boot animation I still love it. Yes go for it post it :)
    Already made just gotta upload :)

Sent from my WT19i