[Q] Problem with the partitions on TabPRO?

Search This thread

Exlo

Dec 3, 2009
Kopervik
I own a Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1" Wifi (SM-T520).

I have the stock ROM, rooted and with TWRP. And SDfix...
I have tried fat32 and ext4 on MicroSD, and without MicroSD. No difference.

I cannot boot any custom rom (Stuck at Samsung logo). Sometimes when I try to install a rom, it fails, or reboots TWRP.
I also encountered problem when trying to restore a nandroid. No DATA partition can be written to, restore fails. (after reboot recovery, its no problem to restore)

Angry Birds Epic does not work. It stops at "Loading Levels", and sometimes it fails to start, and says its not installed.
Spotify says that that it cannot be used because it has no storage.

I can access the partitions, but they are not writable. A reboot is getting the internal/external SD to be writabe again.

So, what is the problem with the partitions on TabPRO? or is it the Samsung android rom thats the problem?
Can it be fixed?

Regards,
-Exlo

Exlo

Dec 3, 2009
Kopervik
FolderMount did find an error, and fixed it, but same result :(
And it "fixed" the same problem as the SDfix app did.

But, I still made some progress. I managed to install a custom rom without error, and fully booted.
Team Freeze Rom installed fine. The rom is just under 800Mb. So i thought maybe it was some faulty memory sector on my tab.

Then I tried to flash GigaWatts ROM, and it failed. Same with ProPlus Rom.

When restoring my last nandroid, it fails when writing DATA partition.
Then I tried to restore my first nandroid, from "stock" rom, and it restored just fine.

First nandroid was from internal SD, and latest was from external SD. Made me wondering, so switched yet again another MicroSD, took a nandroid to it, and tried to restore. It fails again at DATA.

Then I tried t install GigaWatts ROM from internal SD, instead of external. Works without error. :)

Sooo.... I can flash custom ROM`s from Internal Memory, and restore from Internal Memory :)
Not from external SD.

Still, I do get internal/external SD dropouts, and getting "no space left/no memory to install on", which can be "fixed" by a reboot.(Still, it should`t be like this, and are quite annoying.

But, still no luck on getting past the "Loading Levels" on AngryBirds Epic :(

Where is the root of the problems? Faulty device? Android ROM? TWRP making trouble?

Please guide me if any logs should be provided to find out where the problems is, if i`m not the only one with these problems.

Regards,
Exlo

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
You can try flashing a stock ROM via Odin, and start from scratch. Factory Reset, Reroot, install twrp, etc. If you still can't write to /data properly, you may need to find a .PIT file and repartition your internal memory using Odin.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Exlo

Dec 3, 2009
Kopervik
I have had to reflash stock with Odin 4 times by now, and it has been the same pain every time.
I was hoping not to use re-partition, so I will wait and see if some new info will come by from other users, as I see there are more of the users that struggles with flashing custom rom. (Stuck at samsung logo, installation fails)

So, will hold off for a few days, and if no new info about partitions, rom flashing, low memory, sd cards not mounting correctly, etc, then I will try re-partition...

meanwile, I`ll investigate som more on my own, read overall the internet ;)

Exlo

Dec 3, 2009
Kopervik
Ok, so i have tried and failed, and learned something on the way ;)

Ext SD is useless for flashing rom, nandroid, etc within TWRP. It does not mount partitions correctly.

If I make sure DATA partition is mounted in recovery, and only use Internal SD, everythin flashes, backups and restores just fine :)
(Mabye an issure with TWRP?)

SDfix, or FolderMount fixes write permissions to Ext SD in rom to use TitaniumBackup, games, downloads, etc.

Hopes this can help others in simular problems.

And thanks to all that have helped on the way :D

Regards,
-Exlo

Top Liked Posts