[ROM]★★[4.2.1][CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.14.8/15.3][Jul 20]★★

Search This thread

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Hello sbdags, long time since I posted here or done anything to my 700 because of time or other reason. Long story short, thanks keeping this rom still available for download. It's been over a year since I flashed a rom to 700. Anyway it started running really slow to do anything. For some stupid reason when I did a fresh of windows on my PC I deleted your rom and my theme and my backup system. Because of this thread still being here and my theme still available on androidfilehost I was able to be up and running in less an hour.

Question: should I consider flashing the 4.4.4 rom you have available?

Thanks again for your hard work you've been doing for a very long time!

Sent from my Asus Blues & Jazz Transformer TF700 using Tapatalk HD

Hello sbdags, long time since I posted here or done anything to my 700 because of time or other reason. Long story short, thanks keeping this rom still available for download. It's been over a year since I flashed a rom to 700. Anyway it started running really slow to do anything. For some stupid reason when I did a fresh of windows on my PC I deleted your rom and my theme and my backup system. Because of this thread still being here and my theme still available on androidfilehost I was able to be up and running in less an hour.

Question: should I consider flashing the 4.4.4 rom you have available?

Thanks again for your hard work you've been doing for a very long time!

Hi Timber - sb has been very busy with family issues lately (his wife is fighting cancer), so thought I would chime in since he's busy at her side and we're all trying to cover for him while he's doing what's important! :D I went back to running this rom for a bit after always running into lag problems a little while after using the KK roms. This was pretty good, but FWIW, I found the 5.4 cromi less laggy and more 'up to date'. I'm just not sure that my tablet works great at KK vs JB. I could be wrong, but that's my experience so far as every device differs. If you've been on kk though, you'll need to format data etc when downgrading afaik.. and restoring via TiBu won't work either.. very fresh install needed!

Reactions: timberwolf671

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Hi Timber - sb has been very busy with family issues lately (his wife is fighting cancer), so thought I would chime in since he's busy at her side and we're all trying to cover for him while he's doing what's important! :D I went back to running this rom for a bit after always running into lag problems a little while after using the KK roms. This was pretty good, but FWIW, I found the 5.4 cromi less laggy and more 'up to date'. I'm just not sure that my tablet works great at KK vs JB. I could be wrong, but that's my experience so far as every device differs. If you've been on kk though, you'll need to format data etc when downgrading afaik.. and restoring via TiBu won't work either.. very fresh install needed!

Thanks for help and post. I did some more searching and did fine the website with instructions for the 700.... Funny part is after reading those instructions I booted into recovery and the was already installed. So all is good with the world again.

Sorry to hear about his wife... This same reason why you dont fine me here since I too have cancer and feel so sorry for her and him. Knowing what they both are going thru.

Thanks for the heads up on the KK rom. After a fresh install of the JB rom the tablet is back to working great.

If you would please, if you see a post from him. Tell him my prayers will be for him and his wife.

And God bless all who come here.

Sent from my Asus Blues & Jazz Transformer TF700 using Tapatalk HD

ThePhantom79

Oct 9, 2009
HDMI Out do not work with CROMi

Hi,
I used the stock rom for several month and migrated to CROMi several days ago.
Unfortunately the HDMI out option do not work - with stock rom everything worked fine. I just had to put in the cable, and I got a mirror on my TV screen.
With cromi nothing happens. No new icon an the tablet, no signal on the TV.

Is there any hidden menu or option I have to activate? HDMI out is a very important feature for me :(

Can anyone help me?

cheers
ThePhantom

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,
I used the stock rom for several month and migrated to CROMi several days ago.
Unfortunately the HDMI out option do not work - with stock rom everything worked fine. I just had to put in the cable, and I got a mirror on my TV screen.
With cromi nothing happens. No new icon an the tablet, no signal on the TV.

Is there any hidden menu or option I have to activate? HDMI out is a very important feature for me :(

Can anyone help me?

cheers
ThePhantom
Any particular reason you chose this 18 months old rom?
I cannot remember what issues we had with this rom, but I don't think HDMI out was one of them...
Makes me wonder how you flashed...
Did you do a full wipe of cache, Dalvik and data before flashing this rom?

I would recommend you at least move up to the latest version CROMi-X 5.4
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425383
Make sure you have the required bootloader. If not, a flashable bootloader package is right in the OP of that thread.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Any particular reason you chose this 18 months old rom?
I cannot remember what issues we had with this rom, but I don't think HDMI out was one of them...
Makes me wonder how you flashed...
Did you do a full wipe of cache, Dalvik and data before flashing this rom?

I would recommend you at least move up to the latest version CROMi-X 5.4
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425383
Make sure you have the required bootloader. If not, a flashable bootloader package is right in the OP of that thread.

For I came back to this rom because 1. It's what I've run those 18 months. 2. Plus I have a theme for it already posted in the Themes and Apps section.

This rom has been good to me. From your own standpoint, what benefits would I gain in moving to this other rom. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
greetings everyone so i just got gifted this tablet, it was previously on a lp rom and i wanted to go to this since i see it is the stablest thing out... i don't believe i flashed it on the correct bootloader, becuz after boot it keeps going into twrp again, which is 2.7.1.1 i have the correct bootloader now, but im unable to get my pc to recognize the tablet in twrp, also i don't have any micro sd cards so i can't load it that way... is there a driver i can download to get it to read it in twrp? i ve searched but been unable to find it... i'm thinking if i can get the file moved over wipe everything install bootloader and rom i should be fine... and to be clear i can only access twrp.. any help would be greatly appreciated

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
greetings everyone so i just got gifted this tablet, it was previously on a lp rom and i wanted to go to this since i see it is the stablest thing out... i don't believe i flashed it on the correct bootloader, becuz after boot it keeps going into twrp again, which is 2.7.1.1 i have the correct bootloader now, but im unable to get my pc to recognize the tablet in twrp, also i don't have any micro sd cards so i can't load it that way... is there a driver i can download to get it to read it in twrp? i ve searched but been unable to find it... i'm thinking if i can get the file moved over wipe everything install bootloader and rom i should be fine... and to be clear i can only access twrp.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry this rom is very old. (2 years) You should flash CROMi-X 5.4 for the latest version of this rom. Still old but should work.

Reactions: goast

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012

Interesting speculation in that thread. :) I didn't read all of it, but I wrote bootit.ko for the case where the installed recovery isn't compatible with the bootloader - I think that was with a recovery on a 4.1 kernel and a 4.2 bootloader (related to enabling something called Trusted Foundation). In this situation you can't access the eMMC at all. So being able to run shell commands in the recovery doesn't help because you simply can't write anything to the misc partition.

Reactions: berndblb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM]★★[4.2.1][CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.14.8/15.3][Jul 20]★★

TF700 USERS: YOU MUST BE ON THE ASUS STOCK JB 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER 10.6.1.14.4/10.6.1.14.8 AND TWRP 2.4.4.0/2.5.0.0 BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM.

Instructions on how to upgrade are listed below. Please read them.

TF300T, TF300TG, ME301T SmartPad 10 and TF201 PRIME USERS: THIS ROM IS COMPATIBLE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE TF300 10.1.6.x BOOTLOADER AND PATCHED TWRP 2.4.4.0

Instructions here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1 TF700 ONLY – INSTALLING TWRP 2.5 on 10.6.1.14.4

If you are currently unlocked and are coming from the updated 4.2.1 / 10.6.1.14.4 Asus Stock ROM then you will need to flash a custom recovery like TWRP:

TWRP XDA Thread

If you are already rooted then use goomanager to install the latest TWRP via the menu and install open script

OR:

Download the Install Recovery package below, extract it somewhere and run the Scott's TF700T Recovery Install Tool.bat file whilst your Tablet is connected to your Windows PC.

It should install TWRP for you.

Install Recovery Tool DOWNLOAD

STEP 2 TF700 ONLY – I have a custom recovery installed but not the latest bootloader

If you are currently unlocked and on a JB 4.1.1/10.4.4.25 based custom rom like CleanROM Inheritance 3.x and have a custom recovery installed:

I recommend you install the appropriate Bootloader Recovery package below as the safest route to upgrade to CROMi-X. This can be flashed from any custom recovery

TF700 World Wide WW SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.8 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.8 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 2

md5: 360f9b58318425eca0aadb1ebfaa25b6

TF700 North American US SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.8 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.8 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 2

md5: 5e567c2318c8af8e05b805e7ae491d33

TF700 Taiwanese TW SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.8 TW Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 1

10.6.1.14.8 TW Bootloader and TWRP 2.5.0.0 DOWNLOAD 2

md5: 93f54b868d30412cdc66a60b14ac2b23

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO FLASH AND MOVE THE BLUE BAR TO FULL. DON'T PANIC!

After flashing your device will reboot back into your normal ROM but you will be on the new bootloader and have TWRP installed

Now proceed to STEP 3

STEP 3 - TF700 / TF300 / TF201 - I'm on a 10.1.6.x Bootloader and have a compatible TWRP installed

Download the package below and save to your internal or external SD Card.

Boot to recovery (Power and Volume Down and hit Volume up on the RCK icon in the 10.6.1.x bootloader screen)

Make a Nandroid Back up of your current setup

Navigate back up to install

Choose the CROMi-Xenogensis zip file and follow the instructions

Enjoy!

I recommend you do a full wipe if coming from another ROM. Choose Wipe – Factory in TWRP. Do not do a full wipe from the bootloader.

You can restore data from Titanium Backups but please do not restore system data or apps from a previous version or another ROM if you want a nice clean smooth upgrade experience.

Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 10 mins to stabilise!

ABOUT
    • CROMi-X is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the TF700 ASUS Stock 10.6.1.15.3 Jelly Bean 4.2.1 WW release and 10.6.1.x bootloader. It has its roots in the original CleanROM by scrosler
    • CROMi-X is targeted to towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
    • CROMi-X is tuned for performance and built for stability!
    • CROMi-X is true to stock in looks!
    • CROMi-X can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) editions during the install process
    • Thanks to scrosler, elesbb, pjc21, _that, flumpster, timberwolf671, Robgee789, elfaure, That’s OK & Thibor69 for their invaluable help in making this possible!
    All the testers; Goddly, Mikaole, nick1213, joelalmeidaptg, TechXero, gvsukids, maxal, jaxboater, jtrosky, MartyHulskemper, primaleph, tiernan22, Tylorw1. Thank you so much for your patience and testing! :highfive:
    Additional thanks to all the File Hosters: TechXero, Tylorw1, workdowg and Phoenix-Lead! :good:
    • A huge thanks to @nomad10002, @Mackis, @mikmock, @RagingHarry, @sgkla, @okantomi and @jtrosky for donating too much money to my CROMI projects! :good:

FEATURES
    BOTH 4.1 and 4.2 GUIs are available - use settings - launchers to switch
    • ODEX/DEODEX version available.
    • Aroma Installer with the following options:
    • Locale: US or WW
    • DPI Size: 213 (TF700 recommended small fonts), 240 (Stock fonts), 224 (Medium fonts) & 200 (Tiny fonts)
    • Kernels: _that/ stock modded kernel variant based from ASUS Stock 10.6.1.14.8 & sbdags ASUS Stock Modded 10.6.1.14.8 Kernel
    • Launchers: Asus Stock, Apex , Nova, ADW, Go Launcher HD
    • Boot Animations: Asus Stock, Nexus 7
    • Google Apps : Multi DPI Play Store, News & Weather Genie, Gmail, Maps, Talk, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Document Viewer, Gallery, Picasa
    • Asus Apps: File Manager, App Back Up, App Locker, My Cloud, My Net, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, My Frame, My Dictionary, Splashtop, My BitCast, My Library (Asus Reader – only works on 160 DPI), Screen Saver, Asus Live Wallpapers (Asus Day Scene, My water & My Water II),Parental Control
    • Apps Removed: Google Plus, Kindle, Chrome, Press Reader, Vibe, Zinio, CM Client, DM Client (calling home apps), DRM Content Provider (No use on an unlocked device)
    • Misc Apps: ESFile Explorer, Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, DropBox, DSP Manager, Beats DSP Manager, Rebooter, LMT Pie Control, Keyboard Manager
    • File system and performance tweaks!
    • Init.d support!
    • Zip align on boot!
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Auto Brightness reconditioned (Brighter at lower light levels for IPS+)
    • Notifications for sd card, micro sd, dock etc can be hidden
    • 4.1 or 4.2 GUI Switcher enabled via Settings…Launchers….
    • Multi DPI Play Store
    • Browser performance tweaks (Extra menu with OpenGL Rendering, Light Touch and CPU Upload Path enabled)
    • Browser2RAM init.d scripts (Default Browser, Firefox, Naked Browser and Chrome version)
    • Scroll Caching Disabled for smoother in app scrolling
    • Fsync Disabled option for extreme speed!
    • LagFix app – needs 10 mins to work its magic.
    • Data2SD implemented via _that’s kernels
    • Continued Best Support of any ROM!

ISSUES
    • Everything should be fine as long as you have a 10.6.1.x bootloader installed

CHANGE LOG
    20/07/2013 - v4.7.0 ODEX/DEODEX Full Rom
    o Consolidated 4.6.9 patch into main ROM
    o Updated _that kernel to version v4 which brings CIFS back to CROMi-X
    o Updated my modded stock TF300TG kernel from the Asus 10.6.2.6 kernel
    o Added Hunds TF700 v3.10, TF300 v11 and TF201 v8 variety OC kernel + data2SD, modules and app to the ROM
    NOTE - REBOOT TO RECOVERY DOESN'T WORK ON HUNDS SO DON'T REPORT IT PLEASE
    o Added Firefox Beta Browser to the Browser2RAM script
    o Updated Google Play Store to JB4.3 - 4.1.23 multi-dpi patched
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.0.2
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.0.1053J.731804
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.5.1 with latest classic theme
    o Updated Dropbox to version 2.3.9.10
    o Updated Adobe Flash Player to version 11.1.115.69
    o Updated SuperUser and SU binary to version 1.41
    o Replaced the KeyboardDock.ogg file with a null sound version to surpress the repetitive beeping some users suffer when charging
    o Replaced the Nexus 7 boot animation with the latest Google Nexus JB4.3 animation
    o Replaced the Roboto font family with the JB4.3 versions
    o Added new JB4.3 Sunbeam Live Wallpaper
    o Added new Aroma theme by franzyroy
    o Fixed a2dp bluetooth audio by jpalo. Thanks andreibsk
    Older Versions:
    Code:
    [B] 29/06/2013 - v4.6.8 ODEX/DEODEX Full Rom & 4.6.9 Patch[/B]
    o    Please apply the 4.6.9 patch after flashing the 4.6.8 ROM. It fixes some minor system updates to remove lag.
    o    Updated Titanium Backup to version 5.0.5.1
    o    Updated Google Keyboard to version 1.0.1870.703320
    o    Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.0.3
    o    Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.1.1 final
    o    Zip Aligned system files as zip align script can't run on system partition
    o    Cleaned up Zip Align script so it only does data apps
    o    Added the Asus weather and Time Widget back into ROM with fixed signature for 4.6.x
    o    Removed Adobe Fonts folder as causing issues with PaintShop Touch
    o    Cleaned up last 2 frames of CROMi-X Fire and Water Bootanimation
    o    Fixed the CROMi-X Blue Fire animation which was missing on the Odex version of 4.6.6
    o    Updated the that2 kernel to that3 kernel which is based off the Asus 10.6.1.14.8 source
    o    Recompiled thatv3 kernel to include TF300TG and ME301T init.rc files for better compatibility
    o    Reset build.prop entry windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200 as it offers a smoother experience than the 90 I was using

[B] 23/06/2013 - v4.6.7 ODEX/DEODEX Patch [/B]
    o    Changed the minfree memory optimisations back to the CROMI-X default ones set by the kernel. This should fix some of the lag we were experiencing on 4.6.6
    o    Updated the CPU scripts to give slightly better performance on balanced and performance modes
    o    This patch will update both 4.6.6 ODEX and 4.6.6 DEODEX to 4.6.7. YOU MUST BE ON 4.6.6 TO FLASH THIS. DO NOT DO A WIPE.

[B] 16/06/2013 - v4.6.6 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X [/B]
    o    Changed Supernote back to the full version from Asus. ME301T version offered as a separate download
    o    Changed Google Play Store back to the JB 4.1.10 version for compatibility reasons. A version for candy crush saga compatibility offered as a separate download
    o    Updated B2R script to latest version to include Next Browser, Maxthon HD and fixed UC Browser typo. Thanks Tylor & elfaure
    o    Updated SuperSU to version 1.33 and then 1.34
    o    Updated Google Music to version 5.0.1052J.707098
    o    Updated Google Keyboard to version 1.0.1869.683049 and force installed to /data/app for compatibility
    o    Updated ESFileExplorer classic theme to latest version
    o    Updated _thats kernel ramdisk so that all devices (including TF300TG) can now use _thats kernel and data2sd mod.
    o    Added TF300TG as own option in aroma installer
    o    Fixed the CROMi-X Fire and Water Bootanimation - removed some frames so it doesn't cause issues
    o    Adjusted minifree ram optimisation to 1536,2048,4096,5120,15360,23040. The formula for MB is nnnn * 4 / 1024. This is more sensible for keeping RAM free and not killing active apps
    o    Adjusted net.core.rmem_max to 1.5MB and net.core.wmem_max to 2MB for extra browser smoothness
    o    Adjusted read ahead cache to 4096KB

[B] 10/06/2013 - v4.6.5 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X [/B]
    o    Added specific lib files and modules from 10.6.1.14.8 build for TF700 and 10.6.1.15.4 for ME301T
    o    Fixed missing Super IPS+ mode on the TF700
    o    Merged more firmware and permissions files from TF300TG and ME301T sources for better compatibility for those devices
    o    Changed B2R script to the more efficient version by elfaure
    o    Fixed Auto Brightness config for TF700. Less dim on low and more balanced around the mid range
    o    Changed Google Play Store to better 4.0.27 multi-dpi patched version by elesbb for TF201, TF300 and ME301 users
    o    Changed Google Play Store to 4.1.10 multi-dpi patched for TF700 users
    o    Changed default Sound Manager from Beats to DSP
    o    Added Audio Manager libraries and apk for ME301T
    o    Updated SuperNote to 3.0.0.40 ME301T version
    o    Updated Gmail to version 4.5-694836
    o    Updated You Tube to version 4.5.17
    o    Updated SuperSU to version 1.32
    o    Reverted Google Talk to Asus version. You can install Hangouts from the play store if you like it
    o    New BootAnimation by Robgee789 CROMi-X Fire and Water
    o    Removed Update Launcher from ROM as not needed

[B] 01/06/2013 - v4.6.4 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X [/B]
    o    Odex version created from Deodex base
    o    Versions 4.6.2 and 4.6.3 were experimental builds
    o    Stock kernel updated to 10.6.1.14.8 base and includes TF700, TF300T, TF300TG, TF201 and Memo Pad Smart 10 variants
    o    Rom now supports Memo Pad Smart 10 - choose TF300 option for now
    o    Fixed TF201 SystemUI force closing - thanks flunmpster for the help
    o    Fixed issue with Android is upgrading message on every boot
    o    Removed some duplicated dictionary and DRM files left in v4.6.1
    o    Stock kernel updated to 10.6.1.15.3 with ramdisk init.rc files for TF300T, TF300TG, TF201 and TF700 devices
    o    Android.Policy.jar updated with correct signature
    o    Updated Google Music to version 5.0.1041J
    o    Updated Google Calendar to version 201305280 which replaces the Asus one to solve syncing issues
    o    Updated EsFileExplorer to version 3.0.4
    o    Added property files, power profiles and auto brightness files for TF300TG users
    o    Build.prop cleaned up for US users
    o    Browser2RAM script updated with 4 new browsers, total of 18 now. Thanks elfaure and Tylorw1
        Stock
        Naked
        Chrome
        Firefox
        Opera Mobile
        Opera Mini
        Boat
        Boat Mini
        Dolphin
        Dolphin Mini
        Dolphin Jet Pack
        Baudi
        Adrenaline
        Maxthon
        One
        Floating
        UC Browser HD
        Ninesky

[B]26/05/2013 - v4.6.1 DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X[/B]
    o    ODEX version will be released in a few days
    o    ROM rebuilt to fix video, audio issues that broke YouTube, Google Music, Camera in previous version
    o    Stock kernel updated to 10.6.1.15.3 base
    o    Play Store moved to be a default install now
    o    TalkBack added back in
    o    Deodexed again using tool from flumpster. Thanks mate
    o    MusicFX auto installed with DSP options

[B]23/05/2013 - v4.6 DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X[/B]
    o    Rebased from Asus 10.6.1.15.3 base
    o    Rom now officially supports the TF201 Prime and TF300TG devices
    o    Max Fling Velocity increased by 20%
    o    Added Super User to settings menu v1.1 by ImmovableObject
    o    Rebuilt NoSD mods back into SystemUI and Transformer apks
    o    Rebuilt disabled scroll cache in framework.jar
    o    Rebuilt Browser.apk with debug menu enabled and speed tweaks on
    o    Updated service.jar for ASUSBrightnessManager to disable Debug logging. Thanks ImmovableObject
    o    Removed Volume mods for time being
    o    Updated SuperUser to version 1.30
    o    Updated DropBox to version 2.3.8
    o    Updated Google Maps to version 6.14.4
    o    Updated Google Music to version 5.0.1026J
    o    Updated Google Talk to Google Hangouts version 1.0.1.678536
    o    Updated Google Play Store to version 4.1.6 multi dpi patched
    o    Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.5
    o    Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.0.2
    o    Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.1.1
    o    Removed Asus firmware updates from ROM to stop prompts to upgrade
    o    Removed TalkBack
    o    Updated B2R script with additions from Tylorw1. It now includes:
        + Stock
        + Boat Browser
        + Chrome
        + Naked
        + Maxthon
        + Firefox
        + Opera
        + UC Browser HD for Tablet
        + Dolphin Browser
        + NineSky Browser
        + Floating Browser
    o    Build.Prop edits:
        + windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90
    o    Build.Prop removals as proven not to do anything:
        - debug.performance.tuning=1
        - video.accelerate.hw=1
        - persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
        - persist.sys.use_dithering=1
        - ro.kernel.checkjni=0
        - pm.sleep_mode=1
        - ro.config.nocheckin=1

[B]13/05/2013 - v4.5 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X[/B]
    o    Rebuilt Aroma Installer to split out TF700 and TF300 builds
    o    Removed Surdu's kernel due to it not working on my Asus base
    o    Added Opera Mobile to Browser2RAM and incorporated script by elfaure into init.d
    o    Added minifree ram optimisaton to CleanTWEAKS init.d script and cleaned up all scripts
    o    Added -50mV UV tweak to Aroma Options
    o    Reverted Build.Prop tweaks to 4.4 version
    o    Updated Data2SD addon recognise micro sd and internal data partitions by _that
    o    ES File Explorer updated to version 3.0.3
    o    Added Sony xLoud and ClearAudio to options

[B]07/05/2013 - v4.4.1 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X[/B]
    o    BookMark Sync issue fixed with stock Browser
    o    Data2SD option fixed. Data apps should install to the correct partition as well now
    o    ES File Explorer updated to version 3.0.2
    o    LMT Launcher updated to v1.99
    o    Fixed bootloop issue with CROMi-X BlueFire boot animation. Thanks Robgee789
    o    Fixed the stock Asus/CROMi-X boot animation for TF300 users
    o    Added some additional Build.Prop Tweaks for battery and GPU performance
    o    Added sbdags/flumpster stock kernel back into options for those that like stock stable
    o    Added surdu petru OC kernel for TF300 Users
    o    Removed JB 4.2 Launcher as no longer required
    o    Removed CrossBreeder tweaks. Can be downloaded separately

[B]30/04/2013 - v4.4 ODEX/DEODEX Full ROM CROMi-X[/B] 
    o    CROMi-X ODEXed version by me
    o    Updated Play Store Store back to white Multi DPI patched 4.0.27
    o    Updated ESFile Explorer to version 3.0.1 plus classic theme included
    o    Recompiled Browser with minor fixes to menus and browser disappearing
    o    Added additional Firefox and naked browser B2RAM scripts by elfaure
    o    Added new CROMi-X Blue Fire boot animation by robgee789
    o    Added Keyboard Manager 2.5 - allows you to control the keyboard layout for the dock vs screen keyboards
    o    Added preinit scripts for Data2SD _that2 kernels (Both TF700 and TF300)
    o    Added framework mods by elesbb to increase volume control to 25 steps, disable max volume warning and headphone notification
    o    Added Scroll Cache Disabled for super smooth scrolling in apps. Thanks elesbb!
    o    Integrated 4.2 settings apps into CROMi-X for the 4.1/4.2 GUI toggle option

[B]22/04/2013 - v4.3 Final Deodexed Full ROM CROMi-X[/B] 
    o    Updated Adobe Flash to version 11.11.1.115.54
    o    Updated Play Store to 4.0.26 Multi-DPI Inverted Patched version
    o    Recompiled the No Notification Mods as were still causing some issues. This fixes the greyed out power savings on previous versions

[B]21/04/2013 - v4.3RC2 Full ROM CROMi-X[/B] 
    o    Removed duplicate ZipAlign script from init.d folder
    o    Recompiled Browser.apk with JB 4.2.1 advanced options
    o    Fixed error in init.d script that should give better CPU utilisation and battery life
    o    Added Asus Enhanced CROMI boot animations by ronniereiff
    o    Fixed issues with clean install on RC1

[B]17/04/2013 - v4.3b6 CROMi-X [/B]
    o    Reverted Google Search back to Asus version to fix issues some US users were having
    o    Reverted Google Play Services bask to Asus version to fix issues some US users were having
    o    Rebuilt systemui.apk using TF700 apk to hopefully solve missing status bars and other issues
    o    Added settingsprovider.apk to provide Asus Launcher in settings
    o    Removed the 2 sbdags kernels for TF300 and TF700 as the _that v2 kernel is much better and already stable
    o    Removed Max Linaro Kernel until it is more stable

[B]15/04/2013 - v4.3b5 Public Beta CROMi-X[/B]
    o    Fixed DroidSans-Bold.ttf and DroidSans.ttf fonts as Asus corrupted them.
        This solves issues with apps and games closing when loading in 4.3 betas
    o    Updated the Browser2RAM script to 50MB from 40MB and included Chrome and Chrome Beta
        Also moved the Browser2RAM script back to cache folder for testing
    o    Moved the 4.2 GUI launcher settings to an option. This is from the TF300
    o    Fixed permission errors in the updater-script
    o    Added NO SD Card, Headphones, Volume Level and Dock notifications by elesbb
    o    Updated NEW Advanced Power Menu restart options by elesbb to TF700 version
    o    Added Bravia 2 Engine as an option to Tweaks for testing
    o    Integrated latest google services update into ROM
    o    Updated Gmail to version 4.3.1
    o    Updated Google Search to 2.4.10.626027
    o    Removed the new ASUS Apps as adding to size of ROM - all can be downloaded from the Play Store

[B]12/04/2013 - v4.3b4 Public Beta CROMi-X[/B]
    o    Added maxrdlf95 v2 kernel with row scheduler, CIFS, UDF, ISO 9660 and fsync control
    o    Modded _thats v2 kernel with flumpsters mounts to fix TF300 usb settings 
    o    Added NEW Advanced Power Menu restart options by elesbb
    o    Added TF300 settings so that TF700 users can change Launchers :D
    o    Changed to _thats recommended location for fsync although old one works too /sys/class/misc/fsynccontrol/fsync_enabled
    o    Updated dropbox to version 2.3.5

[B]11/04/2013 - v4.3b3 CROMi-X[/B]
    o    _that v2 kernel with row scheduler, CIFS, UV, ISO 9660 and fsync control added as default to installer
    o    Zipaligned LMT, Browser and Google Play Store
    o    Added new zip align script that is much faster now as an option. Thanks flumpster
    o    Split init.d scripts out to indivdual components
    o    Fixed the data2sd mounting data partition - needs testing. Thanks flumpster
    o    Updated Browser2Ram script based on steveniemitz script and discussions with _that and becomingx

[B]10/04/2013 - v4.3b2 CROMi-X not released[/B]
    o    Browser advanced labs options implemented
    o    Added init.d script to replicate browser2ram as app no longer works on 4.2.1 - using 40MB currently

[B]08/04/2013 - v4.3b1 DEODEX FULL ROM[/B]
    o    ROM rebased from 10.6.1.14.4 Asus Source, deodexed by me
    o    Added TF700 kernel 10.6.1.14.4 repacked ramdisk by me with insecure, init.d, no dpi limit, usb debugging and busybox support.
    o    Removed fullscreen app as causes lag. Download from the play store if you want to use it
    o    Kept build.prop from original TF300/TF700 sources with CleanROM and CROMI tweaks consistently applied
    o    Added flumpster's data2sd kernel - modded for no dpi by me
    o    Updated AdAway to v2.3 
    o    Added 2 new bootanimations – CROMi-X and CROMI-X Liquid by Robgee789

[B]07/04/2013 - v4.2 DEODEX FULL ROM[/B]
    o    Merged TF300 CROMI and TF700 CROMi-X into one source
    o    Name of ROM changed to CROMi-Xenogenesis or CROMi-X for short
    o    Repacked the Asus Stock 10.6.1.8 Kernel with insecure, init.d, no dpi limit, usb debugging and busybox support. Thanks flumpster and _that
    o    Fixed the DPI issues for TF300 Users
    o    Added new CROMI boot animation by robgee789
    o    Updated You Tube to version 4.4.11
    o    Updated Asus Web Storage to version 1.5.5.6721
    o    Removed PinPal and Asus Studio as both broken on JB 4.2.1
    o    Added LMT Pie Launcher version 1.91 into Misc Options
    o    Updated Adobe Flash to version 11.11.1.115.48

[B]06/04/2013 - v4.0 DEODEX FULL ROM[/B]
    o    Rebased off Asus 10.6.1.8 JellyBean 4.2.1 Release and TF300 CROMI for the TF700
    o    Rooted, busybox, zipalign, Aroma Installer all implemented
    o    Applied correct permissions to fix BlueTooth issues and kept google drm options
    o    Added No SD Card, Headphone and Dock Notifications to installer. Thanks elesbb
    o    Added Next Gen Advanced Power Menu. Thanks to elesbb
    o    Updated SuperUser to version 1.2.5
    o    Updated Apex Launcher to version 1.4.4
    o    Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.0.1
    o    Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.4
    o    Updated DropBox to version 2.3.4 Moved to data as not compatible as a system app
    o    Updated Google Maps to version 6.14.3
    o    Updated Google Music to version 4.5.914I.590354
    o    Updated LagFix to version 1.5.1
    o    Updated Asus Web Storage to version 1.5.5.6721
    o    Crossbreeder 3.15.13v2 Patch added to options
    o    Tweaked Browser Options now included, go to settings,labs to see them. Thanks to elesbb for fixing manifest.xml permissions
    o    Added 6 new Asus Apps from the Memo Pad Smart 10
        Asus Studio (Gallery, Picture Edit)
        Asus Sticky Memo (Yellow Stickies)
        Asus PinPal (Social Networking)
        Asus Artist (Cards, etc)
        Asus To Do List (yep)
        Asus Story (Picture Story Maker thingy)
    o    Moved Parental Control to an option
    o    Added Beats DSP as an alternative DSP manager
    o    Fixed some minor inconsistencies in the WW build.prop file
    What are ODEX, DEODEX and Fsync?

ODEX vs DEODEX

Explanation by _that:

Latest Version:
    DEODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 DEODEX Full Mirror 1

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 DEODEX Full Mirror 2

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 DEODEX Full Mirror 3

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 DEODEX Full Mirror 4

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 DEODEX Full Mirror 5

MD5 Sum: e841b90e5c106cce4345de85754e8a60

ODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 ODEX Full Mirror 1

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 ODEX Full Mirror 2

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 ODEX Full Mirror 3

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 ODEX Full Mirror 4

CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.0 ODEX Full Mirror 5

MD5 Sum: 95acf0710d248db65f1f7a85188fc2dd

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars
    Please donate if you enjoy using CROMi-X

Future plans for this rom:
    More kernels
    Add Ons

CROMi-X Add Ons

Kernel & Tweaks Installer - DOWNLOAD

Kernel & Tweaks Installer v4.0.3 - Updated July 28, 2013
    For those who want to switch Kernels quickly, change DPI and disable / enable fsync

Note for Data2SD you must have an ext partition on your external sd card. See instructions here

TF700T : ASUS 10.6.1.14.8 Stock Kernel by sbdags

TF700T : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
    TF700T : Data2SD _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Kernel v4 - Needs SD-Ext partition

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Kernel v3.1.0 - NO REBOOT TO RECOVERY - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah
    TF700T : Data2SD Hunds 10.6.1.14.8 Kernel v3.1.0 - NO REBOOT TO RECOVERY - Needs SD-Ext partition

TF700T : Hunds 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Kernel v3.2.0 - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah
    TF700T : Data2SD Hunds 10.6.1.14.8 Kernel v3.2.0 - Needs SD-Ext partition

TF700T : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : ASUS 10.6.1.15.3 Stock Kernel By sbdags

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Stock Kernel v4 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that
    TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : _that 10.6.1.14.8 Modded Data2SD Kernel v4 Row Scheduler, UV, CIFS, ISO9660 and Fsync Control. By _that

TF300T : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v11 - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah
    TF300T : Data2SD Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Kernel v11 - Needs SD-Ext partition

TF201 : Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Modded Kernel v1.0.1 - Overclocked, UV, Multi Scheduler, Fsync Control, Tweak App by Hundsbuah
    TF201 : Data2SD Hunds 10.6.1.8.4 Kernel v1.0.1 - Needs SD-Ext partition

TF300T/G/TF201/ME301 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC2 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF201 : Max 10.6.1.14.8 Linaro Kernel Reloaded v4 RC3 BETA - Overclocked with dynamic Fsync Control by maxrdlf95

TF300TG : ASUS 10.6.2.6 Stock Kernel By sbdags

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v4.0.3 Mirror 1

DOWNLOAD Kernel Installer v4.0.3 Mirror 2

MD5: 3637b10ea087893d61a4a1284a77cb99

==================================================================================================

CROMi-X Compatible Themes

pjc21’s Color Theme Mod

timberwolf671’s Blues & Jazz Theme

==================================================================================================

Asus Time and Weather Widget

Flash this from recovery and you will have an extra Asus Time and Weather Widget to choose from. Only works with the stock launcher :)

Asus Time and Weather Widget V2 DOWNLOAD 1

Asus Time and Weather Widget V2 DOWNLOAD 2

md5: 0ed0409855ac75f94d7e3650c8c805c0

asus_padfone_2___clock_and_weather_for_xwidget_by_boyzonet-d6284se.jpg

Asus Supernote Lite 3

Flash this if you want to try out the ME301T Supernote Lite version 3. Note it is the Lite version so has restricted usage

Asus Supernote 3 Lite DOWMLOAD 1

Asus Supernote 3 Lite DOWMLOAD 2

md5: 2507846b4bba7b6c2cf5c9f2a4b5ae37

Photosphere Camera and Gallery DOWNLOAD

Flash this and it will overwrite the Camera and Gallery apps with the Google Photosphere versions

Photosphere Download

md5: 09161e847f1950a9b17a090690c9a315

CROMI Wallpaper DOWNLOADS

As I get so many requests for this it is now hosted in this post :) Just save as a picture and use as your wallpaper
    Hi All,

I am taking a break from development for a few weeks. I have been pumping out updates at a rate of one a week on average for 6 months+. All good stuff but this last one was really minor in term of fixes. I feel I have taken CROMi-X to where I want it and it is 99% bug free and speed wise there is not a lot else I can do until Asus improve their source.

It now works on FIVE devices, TF700, TF201, TF300T, TF300TG and ME301T :victory: - as it is a merged ROM from five Asus sources. This is what I set out to achieve and I think it has satisfied the Xenogenesis name :

xenogenesis_zpsadd7bdf1.jpg

Xenogenesis
    (-jen′ə sis)

noun

spontaneous generation
    alternation of generations
    the supposed production of an individual completely different from either of its parents

Enjoy it and I will be around although I am on holiday :cyclops:
    CROMi-X 5.0RC2 Public Beta

CROMi-X Release Candidate 2

Hopefully this should fix most of the bugs in RC1.

Changelog:
    25/08/2013 - v5.0RC2 CROMi-X
    o Updated elesbb's CROMI Control to version 1.2.1
    o Updated SytemUI.apk from elesbb to fix the kill app button on 4.1 GUI. You now swipe up from the bottom bar to kill the current app
    o Updated Transformer.apk from elesbb to fix the sticky dock notification
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.4 beta
    o Removed the data journaling off from tune options for hunds kernels to add some stability and reduce risk of corruption on his kernel
    o Changed the Extreme Tweaks vm/swapiness to 1. This should make multi tasking smoother
    o Updated Software Rendering disabled to be a tweak option. Imo unless the GPU is OC'ed it struggles to cope sometimes
    o Zip Align script is off by default now. This should speed up bootup and also help other scripts execute in time. Thanks Flumpster
    o Updated cache2sd to version 1.2b. Meldrak has been working on extra options and better initialisation, plus bug fixes for apps that fc'ed
    o Added a NEW Asus CROMi-X Bios Boot Animation inspired by vnphatbuddha, heavily modded by me

L2IBfDp.jpg

Downloads:

DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1

DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1

MD5 Sum: 88a99b035646869ba2a99f029b4f22a3

:victory::victory::victory:

Please thank @elesbb as well - he is doing some incredible work!

Enjoy! :cool:
    New CROMI Team Member

I am extremely pleased to announce that @elesbb has officially signed for Team CROMI :D He is taking up the position of Lead Smali Developer.

This means we get some cool add-on mods that will give us the best ROM out there! Welcome aboard mate! :good:

Looking forward to building CROMi-X 5.0 with you ;)