Apps that I disabled / TiBu uninstalled

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 1154637

Got a suggestion on a different thread for disabling the ATT contacts. Did that and removed a bunch of other crap. Glad to find this thread - gave me a couple of more ideas (Thanks OP!)

Here is my list:
Amazon Kindle
AT&T Address Book
AT&T Code Scanner
AT&T Contacts SyncMLProvider
AT&T Contacts SyncMLService
AT&T FamilyMap
AT&T Hot Spots
AT&T Navigator
City ID
Device Help (Thanks OP)
Flickr
FlickrAPIEngine
Friend Stream
Friend Stream Widget
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies
Google Play Music
Google+ (may need to logon to GMaps and then disable - GMaps did not load otherwise)
HTC Hub Widget
HTC Weather Wallpaper
Live TV
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
MOG Music
myAT&T
Picasa Web Albums
Social Manager-
SoundHound
Talk
Task Widget
Tasks
Top HD Games
Twitter
Twitter for HTC Sense
Twitter Widget
Twitter APIEngine
Watch
Watch Widget
Weather (HTC Weather)
Weather Widget
Yellow Pages
YPmobile

Last edited by a moderator:

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Does TuneIn cost anything? I'd like to use a radio for when I'm at work.

Nope, but there is a Tune In Radio Pro in the Play store which has some extra features.

No, it's free and a great radio app. Use it all the time to listen to my local AM sports stations.

I agree that it's a pretty darn good app. I use it for at least 6 (usually 8-10) hours a day. It's great for talk radio.

Billy

PS - Thanks for posting this list OP!!

RichAHicks

Aug 30, 2007
Two other tips: delete data from disabled apps and go to Play and make sure Automatic Updates is not checked.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

S8B

Apr 21, 2012
Any drawbacks in disabling said apps? Do any of these update anything important?

And, based on what has been implied, I'm assuming you can't DELETE/UNINSTALL these bloatware apps?

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
Any drawbacks in disabling said apps? Do any of these update anything important?

And, based on what has been implied, I'm assuming you can't DELETE/UNINSTALL these bloatware apps?

you can disable them and uninstall the data, but it will still be in your phone, but they wont run in the background. So you can disable the apps posted in this thread. Dont disable or uninstall any other that isnt listed because some of those are needed for sense. You dont want crashes now or do you??

Reactions: ezkilla and S8B

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Anybody know if disabling these apps could cause an issue when getting an OTA update? It seems the apps can still be updated in the Play Store so assuming an OTA would work but don't have any experience myself.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

belyle

Aug 9, 2010
Kent, WA
I just froze AT&T Ready2Go and CityID in TiBu. I'm not sure what CityID does, but I do remember getting a notification that I had a "10 day" free trial of some city phone number identification service. Maybe that was it.

MWilt

Nov 9, 2007
Greenville, MI
I uninstalled the updates then disabled the google music/books/movies apps..then when I checked my phone this morning they were all back and said they were updated?? Did I do something wrong or is this normal:confused:

tehdef

Apr 30, 2012
ATX
Bleh. ATT Ready2Go won't GTFO. It's Force Stopped. Cleared Cache. I tried to uninstall, only get cancel option, and Disable is greyed out. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To disable apps: Go into your app drawer, hit the settings button in the upper right, hit manage apps. Tap the app you want to disable and it will give you the option

Go to the "all" section on the right.

These are the apps that I consider to be bloat and can be safely disabled.

EDIT: These can be force uninstalled with Titanium Backup with root access

-Amazon Kindle
    -AT&T Contacts SyncMLProvider
    -AT&T Contacts SyncMLService
    -Flickr
    -FlickrAPIEngine
    -AT&T Address Book
    -AT&T Code Scanner
    -AT&T Ready2Go
    -AT&T FamilyMap
    -AT&T Hot Spots (this may help connectivity issues if you're in a city, unconfirmed)
    -AT&T Navigator (use google maps)
    -City ID
    -Device Help
    -HTC hub widget
    -HtcBeatsNotify. (what I did here is I started playing music, disabled "beats", and then disabled this notification. I hate anything beats including this preset EQ that ruins music)
    -Live TV
    -MOG Music
    -myAT&T
    -SoundHound
    -Top HD Games
    -TuneIn Radio
    -Yellow pages
    -YPmobile (after uninstalling updates, thanks IdiotSavante)
    This retort was pointless and way too long to bother reading. There's people on xda that actually need help. Stop wasting everyone's time with your silliness.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

you can disable them and uninstall the data, but it will still be in your phone, but they wont run in the background. So you can disable the apps posted in this thread. Dont disable or uninstall any other that isnt listed because some of those are needed for sense. You dont want crashes now or do you??
    Adding:

-AT&T Contacts SyncMLProvider
    -AT&T Contacts SyncMLService
    -Flickr
    -FlickrAPIEngine

to the list
    do they still show up in the app drawer? Or do they simply not open if selected? I haven't ever disabled apps before as I've been on custom roms for about 18 months now.

Looking forward to the new phone on tuesday, and I'm planning on running it stock for at least a while, so this is good info

They won't show up in the app drawer and they won't run in the background. You don't know they're there unless you go back into manage apps