[Extract|Build] LG DZ Tools (updated 03/06/11)

Search This thread

Useless guy

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
Hello.

WP7DZExtract extracts every partition from DZ file and converts flash.bin to nb (opens by htcRIE).
My second tool WP7DZBuild builds DZ from partitions and their table (mb it will be not required, please pm me LG device owners).

By the way, files from that topic were extract using this tool.

Usage:
WP7DZExtract.exe input.dz output_dir, there input.dz is DZ ROM file, output_dir is directory.
In output directory will be created many files, one of them, flash.bin, is nb file, just rename it to flash.nb and open it using htcRIE or any tool.

WP7DZBuild.exe input_dir output.dz, there input_dir is directory constains flash.bin, output.dz is out file.

Note: This tools requires .Net Framework 4.0 (at least Client Profile). You can download it form Microsoft web site.

I hope it works (althrough my device is LG, but there is no way to dump or flash it's ROM). Any bugreports here.
Thanks!

I've used standart GZIPStream (works well for unpacking), but it's output doesn't equals original, i've tried to use SharpZip, DotNetZip and even gzip, but uselessly... LG Flasher doesn't work on my computer (why?), so i can't check my work, i fully hope on you, LG owners! Sorry for my english, i dislike online translators and write as i know, though my english skill is pour (too).

Attachments

• WP7DZTools.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 4,256
Last edited:

fb401

Apr 26, 2006
Philly, PA
www.defconjive.com
I was able to get the LG Quantum dz and use these tools to have a look inside the rom and the registry. It makes me wish we could rebuild these roms to unbrand them.

Last edited:

Useless guy

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2010
Moscow
I was able to get the LG Quantum dz and use these tools to have a look inside the rom and the registry. It makes me wish we could rebuild these roms to unbrand them.

That's right, i wanted to build my own rom, but as i wrote above there is no rom for my device. Please test it LG owners, i want to check my gz.

wiln97

Jan 5, 2011
WP7DZBuild

I have been working on my own encrypt/decrypt program. The decrypting is fine, however the trick is encrypting the extracted files back into a flashable image. Using GZip or Zip on linux produces a ROM that is 200 KB smaller than the original LG C900AT ROM. The LG flasher program gives the error "ErrNum 501 Load Image."

So I tried using your WP7DZBuild tool to create a ROM and it's size is 214 MB, the original ROM is ~191.8 MB. The LG flasher program does not give an error when using the ROM built with your tool, but the ROM will not flash to the phone (LG Quantum C900). The LG flasher program just sits waiting. It seems as if the recompression of the files is the key to making the build process work. The original ROM from LG contains files that are decompressable with GZip, but using GZip to recompress results in an invalid file.

I have looked at the binary file produced when using both GZip and Zip, both contain the filename which is not included in the Original ROM . Also, looking at the GZIP file format, some of the Data headers are empty in the original ROM, but both GZip and ZIP fill these fields in.

Do you guys have any ideas as to a ZIP program/library that can output a valid Zip file for inclusion in a flashable ROM that does not include the name of the file that was compressed to make the file? Maybe the original LG encryption program deletes/zeros certain fields in the Zip file header?

Also, just taking the decrypted original ROM's files while still compressed by whatever method LG used, I can create a flashable ROM (it's actually what my phone is running right now!). I'm thinking of GZipping the files and then going back and zeroing out the fields so that the data headers match the original. Maybe that will work.

Has anybody else tried to rebuild a ROM and flash it to the phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

WP7DZExtract extracts every partition from DZ file and converts flash.bin to nb (opens by htcRIE).
    My second tool WP7DZBuild builds DZ from partitions and their table (mb it will be not required, please pm me LG device owners).

By the way, files from that topic were extract using this tool.

Usage:
    WP7DZExtract.exe input.dz output_dir, there input.dz is DZ ROM file, output_dir is directory.
    In output directory will be created many files, one of them, flash.bin, is nb file, just rename it to flash.nb and open it using htcRIE or any tool.

WP7DZBuild.exe input_dir output.dz, there input_dir is directory constains flash.bin, output.dz is out file.

Note: This tools requires .Net Framework 4.0 (at least Client Profile). You can download it form Microsoft web site.

I hope it works (althrough my device is LG, but there is no way to dump or flash it's ROM). Any bugreports here.
    Thanks!

I've used standart GZIPStream (works well for unpacking), but it's output doesn't equals original, i've tried to use SharpZip, DotNetZip and even gzip, but uselessly... LG Flasher doesn't work on my computer (why?), so i can't check my work, i fully hope on you, LG owners! Sorry for my english, i dislike online translators and write as i know, though my english skill is pour (too).