Development stopped: [APP] [17 January 2012] BattClock version 3.8.2 Final version

Search This thread

ZuinigeRijder

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
=================== DEVELOPMENT STOPPED =====================
Sad... but it was clear to hear at sometime :(
Just for interest:
Are you successfully in developing for IOS, or did you give up the programming for mobile devices anymore?

Anyway, thanks for one of the greatest and vividly mobile Programs (should i call it now App?:p ) i ever seen ;)
Greetz Tokl

I had installed Android on my Touch Diamond, but the battery was draining as hell. I also bought an iPad 2 and is now confiscated by my family :rolleyes: I have developed in the past for Objective-C (15 years ago!). But for developing iOS application you need a Mac or Hackintosh. I had a Hackintosh running in a virtual machine, but actually I did not want to dive into iOS programming, because there are so many (free) Apps available, so why spent effort to have just another one :confused: And then you still have to pay yearly to develop for iOS and still need to go through the approval procedure of Apple. And also the battle between Android, iOS and Windows Phone is still not done.

Note that for my work we switched to use Silverlight for developing business applications. We know that Silverlight will disappear also over time and that probably HTML5/Javascript will be the future. So I made a Web application using HTML5 on iPad. That was working Ok. So my choice is to follow HTML5 developments and maybe make some small apps to get real insight in the Do's and Dont's.

The goal of me is to learn something which is useful for me, so that will not be programming specific for Android, iOS or Windows Phone. And also not the Mobile development platforms which do exists. I decided to focus on HTML5 only :eek:

I did not earn much with BattClock, especially when you take into account the numbers of hours spent, but I learned a lot and all the aspects of making a quality application on a Windows Mobile platform was a good experience. I thank everyone supporting me and for the donations I got. But now is the time to really stop development for Windows Mobile and focus on HTML5. I can spent my scarce free time only once, especially because I am developing software as a professional as a full time paid job. That is where I earn my money ;)

Hope you keep enjoying the *free* BattClock and if you also move away of Windows Mobile phone you will remember/miss BattClock as a very cool Swiss (oops, Dutch) Knife App :D

People kept asking for the BattClock only of TouchLockPro or StylusLock, for people not wanting the locking solution. Here it is, the Standalone BattClock.
In the mean time BattClock has been grown into a swiss knife for your taskbar, possible of showing a lot of usefull information.

You can find *FREE* BattClock on touchlockpro.sourceforge.net

BattClockBar3.jpg

BattClockBar.jpg

BattClockBar1.jpg

BattClockBar2.jpg

BattClockBar4.jpg

BattClockBar5.jpg

BattClockBar6.jpg

BattClockBar7.jpg

BattClockBar8.jpg

BattClockBar10.jpg

BattClockBar11.jpg

BattClockBar12.jpg

BattClockBar13.jpg

BattClockBar14.jpg

battclocktimebattery.jpg

battclockhorizontal6.jpg

battclockhorizontal6TLP.jpg

battclockhorizontal.jpg

battclocktimecpu.jpg

battclockdatetimebatter.jpg

battclocktimefreememory.jpg

battclockoverwindowslog.jpg

battclockmightyromtp2.jpg

BattClockBar9.jpg

battstripes.jpg

Features
See here.

Youtube BattClock 3.1.0 Configuration Demo Part 1

Youtube BattClock 3.1.0 Configuration Demo Part 2

Or look in the start BattClock page.

Have fun watching :eek:

Changelog
See here

Downloads
See here

May I ask a favour.
Please post the settings and screenshots for your phone in this forum, so others can learn from it. Specify:
  • your phone type,
  • Windows Mobile version
  • Which Homescreen you use
  • Settings
  • Possibly a screenshot, but take care of privacy info

Last edited:

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
that's cause u were looking for the BattCock app.

The link should read:
http://www.zuinigerijder.com/BattClock.html

and:
"BattClock version 1.1 for all Windows Mobile phones" might be a wee bit too bold, cause it don't run on my Windows Mobile phone.

I can imagine that the default height/width is not correctly, but I would expect it should work on a large range of Windows Mobile phones. What phone type do you have and what is going wrong?

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Hi,

I have a MotoQ Smartphone. Wm5. Battclock does not install. I never expected it to be able to run, so am only barely disappointed i cant run it.

Thanks!

I will check the cab. maybe it is set for ppc only?

webercoder

Dec 28, 2008
Enable 12 hour format

Thanks very much, ZuinigeRijder. This is what I am looking for a long time.
With it, I can switch back to WM 6.1 from WM 6.5.3 (which has clock on top) for memory issue in my HTC Diamond.

One question: how can I change clock to 12 hour format?

By reading your guide for TouchLockPro, I tried to create registry entry under [HKCU\Software\ZuinigeRijder\LockSettings]:

Clock12=1

which did not work after Diamond was rebooted.

Last edited:

letsgoflyers81

Jun 25, 2007
This is fantastic, it runs great on my Touch Pro 2 with WM 6.5. If I can make one request, I'd also love an option to use 12 hour time as oppose to 24 hour time. Thanks!

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
BattClock 1.1 is stil based on the StylusLock BattClock source code. I am planning to make BattCLock 1.2, which is based on TouchLockPro code base. This will give you more possibilities:
- only show time, battery percentage or date
- 12 hour clock
- datetime format
- fontsize
- indication if charging
- first time auto detect size of BattClock and colors, dependent of the screen resolution and colors of Taskbar

And probably a separate BattCLock configuration program, because editing registry keys is not so convenient.

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
i just tried it on 6.5.3 and the battery percentage gets cut off. So earlier builds may be fine but newer builds of WM (with the top bar a little narrower and the close softkey on the bottom taskbar) don't appear to work with this build.

You have to change sizes manually then, including the fontsize. However, the fontsize is not yet part of BattClock 1.1, so you have to wait for BattClock 1.2. Others, using TouchLockPro, can already change the BattClock, so it looks nice too on WM6.5.3

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
Hi,

I have a MotoQ Smartphone. Wm5. Battclock does not install. I never expected it to be able to run, so am only barely disappointed i cant run it.

Thanks!

I will check the cab. maybe it is set for ppc only?

Ok, here is the exe which you can copy to your phone and start manually, to see if it works. But probably you need some features of future BattClock 1.2, like fontsize and/or auto-detect screen resolution.

See attachment for the standalone BattClock without the need of CAB install. Unzip the BattCLock.zip and copy BattClock.exe to your phone.

Attachments

• battclock.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 169

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sad... but it was clear to hear at sometime :(
    Just for interest:
    Are you successfully in developing for IOS, or did you give up the programming for mobile devices anymore?

Anyway, thanks for one of the greatest and vividly mobile Programs (should i call it now App?:p ) i ever seen ;)
    Greetz Tokl

I had installed Android on my Touch Diamond, but the battery was draining as hell. I also bought an iPad 2 and is now confiscated by my family :rolleyes: I have developed in the past for Objective-C (15 years ago!). But for developing iOS application you need a Mac or Hackintosh. I had a Hackintosh running in a virtual machine, but actually I did not want to dive into iOS programming, because there are so many (free) Apps available, so why spent effort to have just another one :confused: And then you still have to pay yearly to develop for iOS and still need to go through the approval procedure of Apple. And also the battle between Android, iOS and Windows Phone is still not done.

Note that for my work we switched to use Silverlight for developing business applications. We know that Silverlight will disappear also over time and that probably HTML5/Javascript will be the future. So I made a Web application using HTML5 on iPad. That was working Ok. So my choice is to follow HTML5 developments and maybe make some small apps to get real insight in the Do's and Dont's.

The goal of me is to learn something which is useful for me, so that will not be programming specific for Android, iOS or Windows Phone. And also not the Mobile development platforms which do exists. I decided to focus on HTML5 only :eek:

I did not earn much with BattClock, especially when you take into account the numbers of hours spent, but I learned a lot and all the aspects of making a quality application on a Windows Mobile platform was a good experience. I thank everyone supporting me and for the donations I got. But now is the time to really stop development for Windows Mobile and focus on HTML5. I can spent my scarce free time only once, especially because I am developing software as a professional as a full time paid job. That is where I earn my money ;)

Hope you keep enjoying the *free* BattClock and if you also move away of Windows Mobile phone you will remember/miss BattClock as a very cool Swiss (oops, Dutch) Knife App :D

People kept asking for the BattClock only of TouchLockPro or StylusLock, for people not wanting the locking solution. Here it is, the Standalone BattClock.
    In the mean time BattClock has been grown into a swiss knife for your taskbar, possible of showing a lot of usefull information.

You can find *FREE* BattClock on touchlockpro.sourceforge.net

BattClockBar3.jpg

BattClockBar.jpg

BattClockBar1.jpg

BattClockBar2.jpg

BattClockBar4.jpg

BattClockBar5.jpg

BattClockBar6.jpg

BattClockBar7.jpg

BattClockBar8.jpg

BattClockBar10.jpg

BattClockBar11.jpg

BattClockBar12.jpg

BattClockBar13.jpg

BattClockBar14.jpg

battclocktimebattery.jpg

battclockhorizontal6.jpg

battclockhorizontal6TLP.jpg

battclockhorizontal.jpg

battclocktimecpu.jpg

battclockdatetimebatter.jpg

battclocktimefreememory.jpg

battclockoverwindowslog.jpg

battclockmightyromtp2.jpg

BattClockBar9.jpg

battstripes.jpg

Features
    See here.

Youtube BattClock 3.1.0 Configuration Demo Part 1

Youtube BattClock 3.1.0 Configuration Demo Part 2

Or look in the start BattClock page.

Have fun watching :eek:

Changelog
    See here

Downloads
    See here

May I ask a favour.
    Please post the settings and screenshots for your phone in this forum, so others can learn from it. Specify:
    • your phone type,
    • Windows Mobile version
    • Which Homescreen you use
    • Settings
    • Possibly a screenshot, but take care of privacy info
    [APP] [Updated 23-02-2011] BattClock version 3.5.2 alignment bug fix

# Fixed bug that display alignment got screwed up by solving "Also make it possible to align display text for Battery % when charging"

Sorry for the inconvenience :mad:
    Hope you do not loose faith in BattClock :cool:

Grab the bugfix :)
    [APP] [Updated 08-08-2011] BattClock version 3.7.1 *NEW* Cell Tower Monitor

Because adding sound notification and vibration takes more time, I posted a bug fix release first.

[APP] [Updated 08-08-2011] BattClock version 3.7.1 *NEW* Cell Tower Monitor
    Some measures that phone can go into a deep sleep, when logging/CellTowerInfo is showed/logged:
    - Fixed bug that the CellTowerInfo was done once per second instead of 30 seconds. Changed into once per 90 seconds.
    - Close Radio Interface Layer after getting CellTowerInfo to be sure that phone can go into a deep sleep
    - Open/Close log file to be sure the phone can go into a deep sleep
    - Do not log Cell Tower info to file, when there is no valid data (When CellTower reports -1)

Updated translations:
    - Updated Spanish translation, thanks to jcmm
    - Updated French translations, thanks to YoLoLo
    - Updated Italian translations, thanks to ephestione
    - Updated German translations, thanks to Tokl
    [APP] [Updated 13-06-2011] BattClock version 3.6 *NEW* Process Monitor

For convenience, for people who do not have access to SourceForge (or if it is down), I appended the BattClock 3.6 versions (CAB or ZIP) as attachment to this post. Note that I still need to update some documentation pages, but I hope you do not mind that I post the version already. Enjoy.

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed bug that "on power" was not immediately reflected in Battery Percentage (default ~ instead of %)
    - Fixed bug that the when a log to file item was enabled, after restart the next one was shown in BattConfig
    - Fixed bug that when a log to Registry was enabled, after restart it was not shown as enabled in BattConfig

Performance improvements:
    - (Small) improvement in battery usage
    - Performance improvement when on charger
    - Performance improvement at "Power On"

Enhancements:
    - When CPU speed returns -1 just return 256 Mhz to overcome NetRipper CPU speed library bug/quirk
    - Extended the number of programmable registry keys from 6 to 12 to be used in Stripes and BattClock areas
    - Increased the maximum number of characters to display from 15 to 31

New feature to show the free disk space:
    - Free disk space of phone
    - Free disk space of storage card

New feature to show Process Information:
    - Process Count
    - Destroyed/Created processes names, prepended with resp. - and + sign, all the changes are displayed one per second, till the last change.

New feature of counting the total uptime over all BattClock sessions and total uptime for the battery (before fully charged or replaced).
    - MinutesUptime, the number of minutes since starting BattClock (already available)
    - TotalUptimeBatteryMinutes, the number of minutes for all sessions monitored by BattClock on Battery (survives reboot)
    - TotalUptimeChargingMinutes, the number of minutes for all sessions monitored by BattClock on Charger (survives reboot)
    - TotalUptimeRechargeMinutes, the number of minutes for all sessions monitored by BattClock, reset at startup/power up (when the Battery% > 97%) or when full charged (switching from charging to battery and Battery% > 97)

New feature to control the update speed of the display items in seconds via BattConfig "Other Settings" screen, (default) values how often is checked:
    CircularSeconds = 3
    LogToFileSeconds = 1
    BatteryPollSeconds = 120
    DetectBackgroundSeconds = 2
    StartUpDelaySeconds = 1 (new)
    CpuSeconds = 1 (new)
    CpuSpeedSeconds = 3 (new)
    FreeMemorySeconds = 1 (new)
    RegkeyPollSeconds = 3 (new)
    WifiSeconds = 1 (new)
    InternetSeconds = 3 (new)
    FreeDiskspaceSeconds = 60 (new)
    ProcessInfoSeconds = 10 (new)
    [APP] [Updated 28-12-2011] BattClock version 3.8 *NEW* Sound/Vibration

First of all I wish everybody all the luck, strength and wisdom in the New Year.

happy-new-year.gif

As a gift a new BattClock version 3.8 with Sound/Vibrate pattern possibilities.

Changelog for 3.8:
    • Fixed bug that when BattClock was (re)started or configuration changed between 23.00 and 24.00 the wrong day of week was shown for 1 hour.
    • Fixed bug that some display values (e.g. total recharge time) were only updated after restart when "divide by" feature was used
    • Fixed bug that when date/time format strings where shown it was possible the display color was wrong at screen on the next day
    • Fixed bug that when there is a color change, but the display text did not change, the change was not updated immediately
    • Added Slovak translations, thanks to sirus
    • Updated Hebrew translations, thanks to Som30ne
    • Removed Cell2KML, because it can be downloaded separately via XDA CellTower2KML.
    • Added possibility to configure BattClock not to monitor with screen off (may safe a little bit battery) in "Others Settings"
    • Added possibility to play a sound when there is a change into configured low/medium/high value
    • Added possibility to vibrate when there is a change into configured low/medium/high value

As always the downloads can be found on SourceForge