97.7 KB · Views: 9,281
  • Screenshot_2017-11-16-06-07-36.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-16-06-07-36.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 8,743
Last edited:

jerswing

Apr 13, 2017
Parse Error(s) installing PlayStore prerequisites

Any change regarding the possibility of installing Google Play after this new update?

Attempting PlayStore install on HD8 and getting "Parse Error" at Google Account Manager Install
Folks suggest using .APK Editor(s) - but no clues re installing App on Fire Tablet

Suggestions?

macncheeks

Nov 22, 2017
Attempting PlayStore install on HD8 and getting "Parse Error" at Google Account Manager Install
Folks suggest using .APK Editor(s) - but no clues re installing App on Fire Tablet

Suggestions?
Use the instructions located in another Thread here:

https://xdaforums.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

If you run into a problem where after you download the APK and the install button is "dimmed out" and is not responding to touch, lock and unlock the screen and the install button should be "lit" back up and working again.

Reactions: omnipanzer

lghorn99

Nov 17, 2017
Just got my son a HD 8 which has 5.6.0 and trying to side load Play Store to get YouTube Kids. I've read the above and linked threads, but cannot get any of the APKs to install. The next/install button remains disabled even after switching on/off Allow Unknown Sources, restarting multiple times, and attempting the screen lock/unlock. Not sure why it would work for some devices and not others when running the same OS version.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mellokat

Nov 27, 2017
go to the download where the install button is dimmed, just lock and unlock the screen, "install" button should light up

Reactions: AngelPie78

lghorn99

Nov 17, 2017
go to the download where the install button is dimmed, just lock and unlock the screen, "install" button should light up
I was finally able to get them installed on my profile. Then copied them to a SD card and attempting to install in child profile so it can be available in FreeTime, but unfortunately when locking / unlocking screen it reverts back to the main FreeTime launcher vs staying on the install window. Really want this app available in FreeTime so my kid can remain in FT only.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneece

Nov 29, 2017
I have had the Google Play Store and Services etc installed since i purchased my 7th Gen HD 8 last Sat. I've noticed that Google Play tries to install an update for the Kindle App but it fails and then when I try to open the Amazon Books app after wards it blinks a black screen then the app crashes and goes back to the Apex Launcher home screen. I have to restart the HD 8 in order to get that app to work again and when I do it acts as if this is the first time i've opened the app.

I have searched Google and this Forum but can't seem to find any info on this. Has anyone else seen this issue and know how to fix it?

I have had the Google Play Store and Services etc installed since i purchased my 7th Gen HD 8 last Sat. I've noticed that Google Play tries to install an update for the Kindle App but it fails and then when I try to open the Amazon Books app after wards it blinks a black screen then the app crashes and goes back to the Apex Launcher home screen. I have to restart the HD 8 in order to get that app to work again and when I do it acts as if this is the first time i've opened the app.

I have searched Google and this Forum but can't seem to find any info on this. Has anyone else seen this issue and know how to fix it?

It seems Amazon chose to use a different signature for those apps which means at least for now you can't update them successfully or even install play store versions when Amazon versions have been uninstalled.

Cosho

Dec 1, 2017
Any change regarding the possibility of installing Google Play after this new update?

Yes, I did it two days ago. When yu are on that step to do "instal", just turn of/turn on your tablet and you will see that "install button" are working.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Lock/unlock is not working. Just turn of/turn on the tablet and is working.

ari101

Dec 1, 2017
With my 5.6.0.0 tablet the next button is blanked out EVEN with.....

(1) Allowing apps from unknown sources. And turning that off and on, and rebooting

(2) Using sleep button to lock/unlock tablet

(3) And plain turning the tablet on and off

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Zooicidal

Dec 1, 2017
With my 5.6.0.0 tablet the next button is blanked out EVEN with.....

(1) Allowing apps from unknown sources. And turning that off and on, and rebooting

(2) Using sleep button to lock/unlock tablet

(3) And plain turning the tablet on and off

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you haven't already, makes sure you are scrolling to the bottom of the permissions list then lock/unlock. On my HD 10 I think it was the third one, Play Services, that the button only lit up after scrolling.

Top Liked Posts