How to do Activate HTC Incredible 2 Verizon and unlock code

Search This thread

bryantquach

Jun 5, 2011
Hi guys, rite now HTC Icr2 in vietnam and china, they could unlock already, today i try to translate from their website, i hope it can help u guys.

source from vietnam:

"Vấn đề là mình cần phải set máy về CDMA Sfone để máy ko roaming từ Verizon qua nữa thì sẽ by pass được Activate.

Ở đây, tool ##778 ko hiệu nghiệm như đối với Incre1, do đó, mình đã thử với CDMA Workshop 2.7.

Trình tự như sau:
+ ##3424# để đưa máy về chế độ Diag
+ cắm cáp usb vào máy, tải HTCDiag driver để nhận diện.
+vào run, chạy Devmgmt để xem USB nó nhận là COM bao nhiêu.
+chạy CDMA Workshop, connect tới COM Port. Có thể mình phải send SPC (000000) để edit thông số.
+set tất cả các trường thành 1 số sfone, ví dụ số của mình 0959408599
+set MCC, đại loại country code gì đó thành 452
+cả NAM1, NAM2 mình đều set về số sfone giống nhau (Chỉ cần số sfone bất kì, ko nhất thiết phải số thực hay activate gì lên tổng đài cả).
+write

Khởi động lại máy và ok.

p/s:
ngoài ra, sau khi activate được, mình cần phải order code (số imei tìm trong status của máy) và nhập vào. Máy này ko tự hiện lên chỗ nhập code như dòng khác mà phải vào Setting -> Security -> disable sim lock để nhập code."

we have to set phone go back to CDMA Sfone, to stop roaming from verizon to phone, it helps to by pass Activate
##78 works for Incre 1, i try to work with CDMA workshop 2.7:
Follow this step:
+ ##3424# to let phone go to mode Diag
+ connect USB to phone, download HTCDiag driver to recognize
+ Go to "Run", run Devmgmt, let see our USB in what COM port number ?
+ Run CDMA workshop, connect to COM port. May be we have to send SPC (000000) to edit
+ set up all of them same phone number, ex: my cell phone 7144171411
+ set MCC, like country code whatever to 452
+ All NAM1, NAM2, i set them as same number sfone ( u can set any sfone number, not neccesary, its real or not)
+ write

reboot , done

p/s:
after done activate, if u want to find IMEI code thats in status of phone), if u wanna go to unlock code mode (Setting -> Security -> disable sim lock)

i hope this will help u guys, plz let me know, if u can do it or not, i am looking for more information in asia

Last edited:

littlebo

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry guys , no free cheese for today, you cant unlock gsm module without nck unlock code , it cost 20 bucks or so or someone told here that if you have no unpaid bills you can call vzw and theyll provide you a code for free. Hope xtc will support it soon and will full unlock em..

bryantquach

Jun 5, 2011
Sorry guys , no free cheese for today, you cant unlock gsm module without nck unlock code , it cost 20 bucks or so or someone told here that if you have no unpaid bills you can call vzw and theyll provide you a code for free. Hope xtc will support it soon and will full unlock em..

if u want the code, u have to have verizon account dude, that's imposible for under other provide

nhtu

Mar 3, 2006
problem

i have HTC INcredible 2

Ive recently unlocked gsm,by pass active, but can't change to GSM mode ( always show CDMA mode)

change to GSM mode , Incredible 2 show
"there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now"

try another Sim card , change to GSM mode ,still show ""there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now""

My incredible 2 , new in a box 100%

Unlocked by code

Solution ??? help

spike82

Dec 22, 2007
bisceglie
my experinece with my dinc2 is that,

bought it in the US, bought an unlock code from a website, recived an e-mail with the code, inserted the code in the security menù -> sim unlock, pone unlocked to any sim.

now i'm in italy where i live, i inserted the sim and voilà, it work perfectly unde gsm mode (3g and hsdpa ok!)

i subscrive a data plan and the dinc2 works very well with internet connection....

the code cost me 25usd....

m290679

Aug 19, 2011
Hi Spike82, can you give me the website? Im in indonesia and I cant use my local sim card. Can you help me how to root incre2?

charleypark

Sep 13, 2010
Seoul
i have HTC INcredible 2

Ive recently unlocked gsm,by pass active, but can't change to GSM mode ( always show CDMA mode)

"there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now"

try another Sim card , change to GSM mode ,still show ""there is no Sim Card on your device . Your device will switch to CDMA mode now""

Unlocked by code

Solution ??? help

I believe that it is locked for US carriers; however, if you were to travel and use an international provider, you can place their SIM card and you should connect. The DInc2 is a world phone minus T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, etc. capabilities.

Reactions: nhtu

nhtu

Mar 3, 2006

I believe that it is locked for US carriers; however, if you were to travel and use an international provider, you can place their SIM card and you should connect. The DInc2 is a world phone minus T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, etc. capabilities.

I can't make a call , i can't use GSM/UMTS mode ,I'm not in US

I live in Vietnam .
I try Xtc clip unlock my Incredible 2 but doesn't work

Some of people on forum met same problem as I , but there has been no solution for this ?

Google search : http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/327419-sim-unlock-issue.html

No solution

May 25, 2007
In fact ##3424# makes the phone to skip activation procedure and all other settings like data sync, google acc and so on. All the rest of this procedure was performed precisely, but after hard reset the phone still asks for activation to be made.

Mr1070

Jul 13, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I got my unlock code from global support using the stock Vivow 2.3.3 you go

Settings>>> security>>>>> disable sim lock

Enter the code

It will then reboot

I have confirmed with a ATT sim

I can go back and forth from VZW cdma and gsm ATT and make calls text

Someone already mentioned it how ..... You are limited to EDGE only

Good luck guys

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

Vojtas117

Jul 18, 2010
Hi guys, i have little problem. I have Droid Incredible 2 bought from USA, i want to activate it for my Vodafone CZ carrier, i want to buy some unlock code from the ebay but in the instructions there is "go to the settings" but i cant. After powering on i have message "problem with activation" and i only can make emergency calls. Where is the problem? Is here any way how to go tt the settings? Thank you for your help!

edit: so my phone is not activated with verizon, i tried to bypass the activation with cdma workshop but i cant change the number, does anyone know how to use it? :(

edit2: now its working, i can receive and make calls but i dont hear anything, is it problem with settings or something in cdma workshop or it could be a hardware problem only?

edit3: so its not hardware problem, i really dont know what to do :( please help anyone :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, rite now HTC Icr2 in vietnam and china, they could unlock already, today i try to translate from their website, i hope it can help u guys.

source from vietnam:

"Vấn đề là mình cần phải set máy về CDMA Sfone để máy ko roaming từ Verizon qua nữa thì sẽ by pass được Activate.

Ở đây, tool ##778 ko hiệu nghiệm như đối với Incre1, do đó, mình đã thử với CDMA Workshop 2.7.

Trình tự như sau:
    + ##3424# để đưa máy về chế độ Diag
    + cắm cáp usb vào máy, tải HTCDiag driver để nhận diện.
    +vào run, chạy Devmgmt để xem USB nó nhận là COM bao nhiêu.
    +chạy CDMA Workshop, connect tới COM Port. Có thể mình phải send SPC (000000) để edit thông số.
    +set tất cả các trường thành 1 số sfone, ví dụ số của mình 0959408599
    +set MCC, đại loại country code gì đó thành 452
    +cả NAM1, NAM2 mình đều set về số sfone giống nhau (Chỉ cần số sfone bất kì, ko nhất thiết phải số thực hay activate gì lên tổng đài cả).
    +write

Khởi động lại máy và ok.

p/s:
    ngoài ra, sau khi activate được, mình cần phải order code (số imei tìm trong status của máy) và nhập vào. Máy này ko tự hiện lên chỗ nhập code như dòng khác mà phải vào Setting -> Security -> disable sim lock để nhập code."

we have to set phone go back to CDMA Sfone, to stop roaming from verizon to phone, it helps to by pass Activate
    ##78 works for Incre 1, i try to work with CDMA workshop 2.7:
    Follow this step:
    + ##3424# to let phone go to mode Diag
    + connect USB to phone, download HTCDiag driver to recognize
    + Go to "Run", run Devmgmt, let see our USB in what COM port number ?
    + Run CDMA workshop, connect to COM port. May be we have to send SPC (000000) to edit
    + set up all of them same phone number, ex: my cell phone 7144171411
    + set MCC, like country code whatever to 452
    + All NAM1, NAM2, i set them as same number sfone ( u can set any sfone number, not neccesary, its real or not)
    + write

reboot , done

p/s:
    after done activate, if u want to find IMEI code thats in status of phone), if u wanna go to unlock code mode (Setting -> Security -> disable sim lock)

i hope this will help u guys, plz let me know, if u can do it or not, i am looking for more information in asia
    how to bypass Verison activating in no coverage area

So is this to use it as a global phone for free?

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

• A lot of confusion here , the members reading that thread don't understand what it is for !
    • this is not for sim unlock , its for bypassing Verizon activation screen ( in Verizon no Coverage areas )
    • this thread is for how to manually reprogram the CDMA information using CDMA Workshop instead of Dialing *228 ( because there is no Verizon Service where they are ) , this is used until get back to Verizon Coverage
    • i don't know if it is permitted by Verizon to use that soft or not , so check with them first

• Verizon Activation is required when the following happens :
      • doing a Master reset for a Stock Rom , ( Master reset when you are on Custom Rom will not cause that problem )
      • your phone was not activated in us before you go abroad
    • this problem occurs because of Stock Recovery
      • Stock Recovery Master reset clears all internal memory areas including CDMA Programming .
      • When you are rooted , Custom Recovery don't clear CDMA programming area when master reset
    • Some of the instructions in the Post are not very accurate , but this method reported working 100% by some users ,and here is some hints :
      • to install the Windows htcDiag driver you have to but the phone in Diagnostic mode ##3424# ,then connect to PC ,then go to device manager to see htcdiag
      • to install htcdiag driver ( htc modem ), in device manager choose to manually install then All hardware then have disk then browse to the driver folder
      • when you look for the com port number ( to be used with CDMA workshop ) ,don't look under com in device manager , you should look under modems \htc modem\ property \ advanced port settings . Note that Port could change every time you connect phone to PC ( otherwise you get CDMA workshop error if you choose wrong Com ).
      • You don't have to make area code 452 , any area code would work on condition its a true existing Valid area code ( example 310 is ok )
      • in MIN1 and MIN2 ( 4 Values are to be changed and those 4 Values should be identical )
    • CDMA workshop is a Powerful soft , so be careful
    hope that helps

Please hit thanks if you found that post useful to you

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

In fact ##3424# makes the phone to skip activation procedure and all other settings like data sync, google acc and so on. All the rest of this procedure was performed precisely, but after hard reset the phone still asks for activation to be made.

this code is to start diagnostic Driver mode which lets you connect to PC programs like CDMA workshop
    my experinece with my dinc2 is that,

bought it in the US, bought an unlock code from a website, recived an e-mail with the code, inserted the code in the security menù -> sim unlock, pone unlocked to any sim.

now i'm in italy where i live, i inserted the sim and voilà, it work perfectly unde gsm mode (3g and hsdpa ok!)

i subscrive a data plan and the dinc2 works very well with internet connection....

the code cost me 25usd....
    i have HTC INcredible 2

Unlocked by code

Solution ??? help

i have HTC INcredible 2

Unlocked by code

Solution ??? help
    ering if i could still used the same code to unlock a at&t sim card
    ive got code but used it on verizon sim card wondering