Super slow wifi DL speeds! Anyone else?

Search This thread

mormegil83

Sep 3, 2010
Harrisburg
I've searched around a bit andfound nothing on this topic. So I'm wondering if my epic's wifi radio is bad or something. Or if a new router may fix it. 500-1000kbps down and 3000-5000kbps up.
Background: I traded in my droid x for this after coming to the realization that it would never get true custom roms. When the X first came out it suffered the same issue but was reported all over the net and patched almost instantly and pulling ~15mbps down like it should. So unless their is a compatibility issue specific to the epic and my linksys E1000 I believe (bought at BB 2-3 years ago) I think it may be my phone. I can't find anyone else reporting this issue, wife's iPhone still connecting fine, laptops connecting fine, after patch the droid X connected fine, not sure what else it would be.
However, I am already considering a new router with mimo, dual band and usb support. Two smart phones, two personal laptops, two work laptops, a wii, and soon a new htpc or google tv just seems to be over working the poor little linksys and constantly needs reset anyway... If you guys think that could fix my epic problem ill get one sooner than later and not bother harrassing sprint.
If anyone else is suffering of was able to fix, please share!

Thanks in advance! You guys are da bomb and much appreciated!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

mormegil83

Sep 3, 2010
Harrisburg
Oh yeah. With other devices I full connectivity everwhere in my house (1000sqft condo) even outside a little ways. With the Epic, I get one bar downstairs two bars upstairs and USUALLY tthree when sitting right in front of it at my desk... Thanks again :)

Sent from my Epic 4G using xda app

APOLAUF

Jun 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
I'm running an E3000 and have zero problems whatsoever - pushing about 12Mbit in some cases. A few questions: Do you have WiFi N enabled? Mixed-mode? What channel? (The Evo, which has the same WiFi chipset, does NOT work well on channel 1, for instance).

mormegil83

Sep 3, 2010
Harrisburg
Thank you very much for your response. It was very helpful! For some reason i didn't even think to mess with my router settings. I tried bunch of different stuff and what i think i found is that my router is not broadcasting well in wireless N. My best results for my epic ended up being wireless G only mode and channel 1. Now getting 4.5-5mbps down and 2-2.5mbps up on my phone. Which i can live with until i get a new router! Thanks again!

Blitzpwnage

Jun 7, 2010
I am getting 10+ Mbps and I have a G router, I am going to be picking up and N router which the Epic can handle, cant wait.