**Have you ever any little disappointment with your galaxy SII, what you think guys!!

Samsung Galaxy, a perfect Device or Missing something

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kachrukamble

Oct 21, 2010
Cloud
Remember these pros&cons are figured on stock Phone we got from Samsung, as well as no extra tweaks considered

This is not a review of the phone. The Idea behind this topic is that it has been 10 Months of time SII launched and as usual every cellphone has its own Pros. & Cons.
What you found good and what you think this phone is missing.
From hardware to software, build quality, its Camera, Display, and software update support from Samsung Mobile, Everything, feel free to input your Experience here!!
My Input, Cons.
• Gorilla Glass ?- There are so many Youtube videos to be amazed about the Power of unbreakable and unsearchable Gorilla glass – But many Samsung Galaxy S2 users complaining got scratches!
• The swiping screen lock , that opens the phone is waste of time, as there is a hardware unlock key already.
• Battery Life – Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge .
This is standard usage without any tweak .
• No hardware key for camera – It really sucks, If I want to use camera I have to go through the software menu, no hot hardware key to start the camera!
• Plastic Uni body feels cheap in the Hands
• I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle
My Input, Pros.
• Screens display Quality is superb – bright with vibrant real colors
• The 4.3" Screen size is good enough for games and watching movies, It makes hassle free handling.
• Love the camera’s features like touch focus and pinch to zoom.
• Light weight(119 g)- You don’t feel like carrying it !
• Call quality is good
• Love the video (1080p@30fps ) quality and the image quality (8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash)
• Phone is running in top speed as it has dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM, experience extremely fast operations all the time.
• Software update: all ready 6-7 leaks of ICS
This is what I experienced with Galaxy SII, now guys your turn:):)

Last edited:

oinkylicious

May 1, 2011
www.notjustnerds.co.uk
I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle

Settings --> Call --> Answering key "Accept incoming calls by pressing the home key".

I presume from your post you've had your phone for nearly 10 months and not found this option.

Let's see what else there was:

Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof.
Swiping screen unlock prevents phone unlocking itself in your pocket.
Battery life rant, I wouldn't touch your comments on this with a barge pole.
No hardware key for camera - mod exists.
Plastic feel - Get a case

kachrukamble

Oct 21, 2010
Cloud
Settings --> Call --> Answering key "Accept incoming calls by pressing the home key".

I presume from your post you've had your phone for nearly 10 months and not found this option.

I told it for soft touch key not hard press key:)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
I've been using it for around 8 months now. I've been able to find solutions to many of my initial complaints. The only disappointment that I can't get over is the wake-up lag. I'm just jealous of friends with HTC phones whose phones turn on instantly. This may seem like a small issue to some people, but I turn on the screen around 200 times a day. 600 ms lost on each one makes it 2 minutes a day lost just waiting for the phone to wake up. In 8 months, I've lost a total of 480 minutes, which makes 8 hours of my life lost just because of this "feature".

Stefan1980

May 11, 2011
Copenhagen
1. I have a screen protecter on mine, just to be on the save side.
2. I use widget locker, and made my own lockscreen
3. I got the the 2000mah originale samsung batteri, right now its been running over 19hours, 4h 12min screen on, and I still have 27% on battery.
4. Yeah feels a bit plasticy
5. Try another dialer? :)

Ive had my SGS2 for over 6months now, all n all im very happy with it.

Kaze105

Dec 11, 2010
My Input, Cons.
• Gorilla Glass ?- There are so many Youtube videos to be amazed about the Power of unbreakable and unsearchable Gorilla glass – But many Samsung Galaxy S2 users complaining got scratches!
• The swiping screen lock , that opens the phone is waste of time, as there is a hardware unlock key already.
• Battery Life – Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge . This is standard usage without any tweak .
• No hardware key for camera – It really sucks, If I want to use camera I have to go through the software menu, no hot hardware key to start the camera!
• I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle

Gorilla glass is not scratch proof, its scratch resistant so its possible to get scratches. Also this is xda so some of your complaints has been worked/fixed on custom roms. I last around 19 hours with wifi on, streaming some vids, some games, a lot of txt message and a few phone calls. Also tons of music. Some roms do have a hardware button for camera. There also is a lockscreen that opens by touch, cant remember the name or where I saw it though. The plastic body is much better than pure glass like the iphone that can break a hell lot more easily than the SGS2.

Reactions: John.Massiass

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
In May I will have owned the S II for a year. My opinion (AFTER I bought the 2000mAh battery and started using superb roms/kernels):

• Awesome phone.
• Really have no complaints at all.
• Battery lasts me enough to get trough each day perfectly fine.
• It's fast
• Easy to hold and fits very good in your pocket
• good camera..
•Great screen, though resolution is not as awesome and future proof. Many phone's with HD res are coming out.

The only small problem is I'm starting to get bored a little bit. But as soon as the ICS madness starts (ROMs, kernels) it will be fun again :D

Reactions: Mr.seddon

albsat

My main complaints:

1) I can't type as fast as I used in Nokia qwerty phones I have. Will I ever type as fast as I used to?!
2) Battery life...Uh will I ever get one day with full use?!
3) Notification of Message Delivery is the same as SMS and it confuses me. i wish I could change
4) GPS location sucks!!!

All the rest is simply incredible!

Reactions: poulsky

sebas156

Oct 4, 2011
Amsterdam
My main complaints:

1) I can't type as fast as I used in Nokia qwerty phones I have. Will I ever type as fast as I used to?!
2) Battery life...Uh will I ever get one day with full use?!
3) Notification of Message Delivery is the same as SMS and it confuses me. i wish I could change
4) GPS location sucks!!!

All the rest is simply incredible!
1. You will probably never type faster on a touch screen than on a physical keyboard. You can try different keyboards on the market though, and find out what works the best :)
2. True at that. But every smartphone has this problem..
3. Message delivery? I don't use that, why do you even want it?
4. Might be just me, but I think the GPS location is pretty damn accurate and fast.

My complains:
1. Market works kinda slow with the standard firmware (don't know why, but when I use CM or another mod, the market is like 3x faster).
2. Camera focus!!! worst thing on this phone. It's bugged. When you click to zoom, it will focus and then turn back blurry and show a red square.
3. Kies. Nothing more to say.
4. Couple things in Touch Wizz (app drawer, boring lock screen). It's just too out dated when ICS will be realeased with Touch Wizz, so I'll be forced to use a costum ROM to get the full experience of ICS...

I don't see the plastic phone as a bad thing. In fact, I love it. I laugh at people who accidentaly drop their iPhone and it breaks so quickly. I dropped it several times on a hard floor, nothing happened :)
+ it makes the phone very light and slim. love it.

Last edited:

GSMGuy

Feb 19, 2004
I've had mine since June 2011, it replaced a Desire HD, which repaced a Desire..

I LOVE my SII, the batter life is a revelation after the Desire, and especially the Desire HD..
NEVER used a screen protector, only a £2 ebay case, and the screen is totally as new, even though I take it to work as a kitchen fitter every day...

Lanyard facility is a lifesaver for me, has prevented many a drop to the floor, and the only thing I've done FW wise, is to debrand and install stock 2.3.5, although I am REALLY itching to go foe ICS now...

Had the chance to have a play with a friends Sensation a few months back - God it was heavy... Also another friend has the new Nexus running ICS, but again, I prefer the feel and look of the SII..

Mike

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
Complaints:

1. Although battery life is still dependent upon your usage, still, 1650MAH is a big joke. It should be around 2200-2500MAH.

2. Camera really sucks with low light. The flash light makes it even worse.

3. Echo problem while I am on call. It is really annoying :(

Other than that, everything is fine. I only moved from SGS to SGS2 for faster lag free performance. I am happy I got what I wanted to have.

Rytkonen

Oct 14, 2010
SGS2, the best phone there is. I switched it to a WP7 phone which was horrible. Now Im using my Huawei Ideos X5, and now I cry every night after my darling. I just wanted some perspective.

nipip

Oct 14, 2009
buenos aires
NO HD VIDEO, NO FIRMWARE TO FIX IT
camera useless at low light
pink spot
poor sound
several screen quality issues

yes, I am disappontied, it should be the best phone out there.

chris2busy

Apr 24, 2010
well i overall am truly pleased but for a few things..

i had gs2...spent 2 months with an iphone 4s and then returned to gs2...

things that truly are lacking on our device is mostly sound quality and battery life..and the iphone is in both respects, about 3 times better, or maybe more..

sq is pathetic and battery life is a heart attack race..but other than that, its all i ever wanted in a phone.

jgalvez21

Aug 28, 2011
camera, pink spot shouldnt be there

white should be white, i like to take pictures to books really ruins it.

other than i wish it had xenon flash, i guess nokia really spoil me. too bad i am never touching a nokia phone again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am missing one touch call answering function like, Iphone or Htc! Swyping from one end to onother is a hassle

The only thing i don't like is: Y S2 NO HAVE TEGRA2 GPU...

Because tegra 2 GPU sucks compared to Mali GPU.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    I've been using it for around 8 months now. I've been able to find solutions to many of my initial complaints. The only disappointment that I can't get over is the wake-up lag. I'm just jealous of friends with HTC phones whose phones turn on instantly. This may seem like a small issue to some people, but I turn on the screen around 200 times a day. 600 ms lost on each one makes it 2 minutes a day lost just waiting for the phone to wake up. In 8 months, I've lost a total of 480 minutes, which makes 8 hours of my life lost just because of this "feature".
    Until now its been a great ride.
    Way better than my HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
    My Input, Cons.
    • Battery Life – Battery life is about Max 14 Hrs and Minimum 10 Hrs on a heavy use after a overnight full charge . This is standard usage without any tweak .

Gorilla glass is not scratch proof, its scratch resistant so its possible to get scratches. Also this is xda so some of your complaints has been worked/fixed on custom roms. I last around 19 hours with wifi on, streaming some vids, some games, a lot of txt message and a few phone calls. Also tons of music. Some roms do have a hardware button for camera. There also is a lockscreen that opens by touch, cant remember the name or where I saw it though. The plastic body is much better than pure glass like the iphone that can break a hell lot more easily than the SGS2.