Play Store app update lag

Search This thread

ChiefIlliniwek5

Dec 21, 2011
Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Whenever my tablet is updating apps it begins to lag tremendously. I'm running cm11 but this problem has been occurring since I was on the stock ROM. I've even flashed a kernel which overclocks to 1.7 ghz and with the interactive governor running it will still lag while updating apps. I tried to create a tasker profile which would initiate the performance governor whenever the play store app is open, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Yep I've always got that. Someone said that it is a problem with the tablets hardware I/O, theres not much you can do about it.

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Try using the ROW I/O scheduler that should be optionally available in most kernels.
It favours read operations over the slow write operations in the background.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

TheDougTechCrew

Dec 5, 2012
DC
www.youtube.com
You should really change your I/O scheduler and run TRIM and maybe change your Entropy so when I/O lag does come, its not as bad.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app