Install Ubuntu on the Surface Pro

Search This thread
X

x942

my surface pro cannot boot from Windows 7 and Linux USBs, it still proceeds to windows 8. (im trying to put windows 7 on it or Linux)

but I can on my Recovery USB. i'm using the down volume method, and tried the advance boot thingy and chose USB method.

So i doubted if my win7 and linux usbs are not bootable, but they both boot well on my other pc.

I also have that EFI boot disabled. im not exactly a noob with tweaks and software installation, i just dont know why my surface pro wont accept those bootable usbs so i can start installing them.

please help.

Make sure your using x64 versions or they won't boot. I ran into this exact issue and it looks like x86 isn't recognized.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just because a secure boot-compatible segnature is present doesn't mean it will work; there's no way to add your own signing keys to the Surface RT's SB certificate store, so unless your Linux installer is either signed by MS or by another authority that is trusted out of the box, it still won't work.

Also, there's a big difference between recompiling a user-mode application for ARM and recompiling an entire OS. You need a compatible board support package for your processor and hardware. It's possible (and there are already Linux images that run on the Tegra3) but it's not trivial.

Way to ruin my dream :/