[Q] stay on acer logo and no access to recovery after root tablet,

Search This thread

damish

Mar 18, 2014
Hello everybody,

I send you this message after a lot of research about my problem, I had my tablet under android 3.1 and my mistake was to use the software gingerbreak for root my tablet, but I read after that is only for the version 3.0, after rooting with that my tablet was still ok, but when I have restart, it was stay on acer logo..
What is surprising it's because sometime I can load it, when I does a lot of reset and restart a lot, I don't know if it's because ginger break or not,

What I do about :

- I try to go to the recover, the recover tool don't give me any error but stay on the text "Booting recovery kernel image" and nothing other apean,
- When I go for clean the cache, it's success about the user cache, and stay on erasing cache
------------------------------------------------------
Erasing Userdata...
Erasing cache...
-------------------------------------------------------
Here again no error message,

- I try to do a reinstall with EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1 I launch the flash.bat file, everythink success and done, but when I restart the tablet still the same problem, can access but after a lot of reboot, (when sucess to load I can see is install successfully android 3.0.1)

- After that, I try to install bootloader v8 with thor recovery, so for that I launch v8.bat everything success, when I go to the tablet, I want to go to the recover here again I can not access, I can see it's try because my screen is freezing a little and nothing apean about,

- I also try babsector but still sames,

When we do a reinstall by nvflash are we delete everything and clean every cache? is that possible dalvik cache content some corrupted data? because without enter recovery I can not clean it,
have you some idea about what I can try?

I am thinking a problem about the cache because sometime (after many many try) it's can load,

Sorry for my English,

Thank you,
Damien,

Reactions: dibb_nz

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Hello everybody,

I send you this message after a lot of research about my problem, I had my tablet under android 3.1 and my mistake was to use the software gingerbreak for root my tablet, but I read after that is only for the version 3.0, after rooting with that my tablet was still ok, but when I have restart, it was stay on acer logo..
What is surprising it's because sometime I can load it, when I does a lot of reset and restart a lot, I don't know if it's because ginger break or not,

What I do about :

- I try to go to the recover, the recover tool don't give me any error but stay on the text "Booting recovery kernel image" and nothing other apean,
- When I go for clean the cache, it's success about the user cache, and stay on erasing cache
Erasing Userdata...
Erasing cache...

- I try to do a reinstall with EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1 I launch the flash.bat file, everythink success and done, but when I restart the tablet still the same problem, can access but after a lot of reboot, (when sucess to load I can see is install successfully android 3.0.1)

- After that, I try to install bootloader v8 with thor recovery, so for that I launch v8.bat everything success, when I go to the tablet, I want to go to the recover here again I can not access, I can see it's try because my screen is freezing a little and nothing apean about,

When we do a reinstall by nvflash are we delete everything and clean every cache? is that possible dalvik cache content some corrupted data? because without enter recovery I can not clean it,

I am thinking a problem about the cache because sometime (after many many try) it's can load,

Sorry for my English,

Thank you,
Damien,

Hi Damien, thanx for your very informative post:) makes it so much easier to help.

The babsector file should give an error if something is wrong. So please run it again and post the output of the command window. Remember, this file will only work with ICS or JB roms.

You need to:
1. run babsector. (post error output if you get one, )
2. Enter recovery and do a full wipe, including data/media, THREE times!!
3. Flash your Rom.
4. Reboot
You must do these 4 steps exactly as they are written.

Good luck
dibb

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

damish

Mar 18, 2014
stay on acer logo and no access to recovery after root tablet,

Hi Damien, thanx for your very informative post:) makes it so much easier to help.

The babsector file should give an error if something is wrong. So please run it again and post the output of the command window. Remember, this file will only work with ICS or JB roms.

You need to:
1. run babsector. (post error output if you get one, )
2. Enter recovery and do a full wipe, including data/media, THREE times!!
3. Flash your Rom.
4. Reboot
You must do these 4 steps exactly as they are written.

Good luck
dibb

Hey Dibb,

Thank you for your information, I find it's a hardware problem, around the mini SD card the PCB have a connection default, when we install the back cover of the tablets, it's press the alimentation cable on the PCB, and after some time it's probably wom the PCB tracks, when I move this a little bit is ok, but when I put back the back cover the problem will happening again,
The solution is to have a long alimentation cable to pass by a different way and no press the PCB in that areas else check for another PCB,

Best,
Damien,

Attachments

• 6279629-620-413.jpg
    6279629-620-413.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Hey Dibb,

Thank you for your information, I find it's a hardware problem, around the mini SD card the PCB have a connection default, when we install the back cover of the tablets, it's press the alimentation cable on the PCB, and after some time it's probably wom the PCB tracks, when I move this a little bit is ok, but when I put back the back cover the problem will happening again,
The solution is to have a long alimentation cable to pass by a different way and no press the PCB in that areas else check for another PCB,

Best,
Damien,

Wow that's some wicked detective work u done there dude!!! Well done, any chance u could edit the title of this thread to better reflect your findings, I'm sure it will be useful for those with a similar issue. (Or start new thread perhaps)

BTW, wot sort of output did babsector show??

damish

Mar 18, 2014
[PCB Problem] fix about stay on Acer logo,

Wow that's some wicked detective work u done there dude!!! Well done, any chance u could edit the title of this thread to better reflect your findings, I'm sure it will be useful for those with a similar issue. (Or start new thread perhaps)

BTW, wot sort of output did babsector show??

Hello,

I am coming to give some news about the fix we talk about, I finaly get a new PCB, the another one still work after the modification I talk about, but is not perfect, not so much stable if you manipulate so much the tablet, maybe use glue on the cables to make sure everything stay on the same position?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For check if you have the same problem, maybe you can try to play a little in the memory card emplacement because the plastic slide cover touch the PCB, in fact the pcb is beetween the slide cover and the alimentation cable so it's pliers the PCB, When I played in that area the system can start,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forget the output of babsector, I just remember everything was ok, When is rebuild the partition table, I get Done! for all the step,

How to edit the title of the general post? I can edit the content but not the title,

Best,
Damien,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

What I do about :

Erasing Userdata...
    Erasing cache...

Sorry for my English,

Thank you,
    Damien,