[Q] FXP314 phone switches between 2G and 3G mode ??

Search This thread

spp85

Apr 14, 2014
Hello friends,

I recently installed CM11 FXP314 into my Xperia SP smartphone. The ROM is amazingly smooth and responsive to use. But with one problem is that even though I use preferred network type as 3G mode, the phone sometimes switches itself to 2G mode that results pretty slow internet speed. The stock Sony ROMs doesn't have this issue. Is there anything I can do?? Does the developer can fix this issue ???

Thanks in advance

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
Hello friends,

I recently installed CM11 FXP314 into my Xperia SP smartphone. The ROM is amazingly smooth and responsive to use. But with one problem is that even though I use preferred network type as 3G mode, the phone sometimes switches itself to 2G mode that results pretty slow internet speed. The stock Sony ROMs doesn't have this issue. Is there anything I can do?? Does the developer can fix this issue ???

Thanks in advance

On your dialer, tap *#*#4636*#*#

A menu will show up:

Phone Information > *scroll down* > Set preferred network type > Choose 3G Only > Done!

spp85

Apr 14, 2014
Nope.....its not working

Force 3g under mobile setting

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

On my CM11 there are basically 3 options under "Preferred network type" LTE, 3G and 2G. Since my phone is an C5302 model (No LTE support) me selected the 3G mode but the phone sometimes switches to 2G of its own, resulting poor internet speed.

On your dialer, tap *#*#4636*#*#

A menu will show up:

Phone Information > *scroll down* > Set preferred network type > Choose 3G Only > Done!

That code shows me as "Your input code is invalid". :confused:

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
On my CM11 there are basically 3 options under "Preferred network type" LTE, 3G and 2G. Since my phone is an C5302 model (No LTE support) me selected the 3G mode but the phone sometimes switches to 2G of its own, resulting poor internet speed.

That code shows me as "Your input code is invalid". :confused:

Oops. It should be: *#*#4636#*#*
Sorry for that. :))

spp85

Apr 14, 2014
seems worked...But

Oops. It should be: *#*#4636#*#*
Sorry for that. :))

Yes the the number worked and I changed the settings you said.:good: Also in case if there is a situation where there is poor 3G range will I able to change to 2G mode by selecting under the preferred network type to 2G, instead of going through this number you said ??

Thanks in advance

TechKiel

Feb 19, 2013
Yes the the number worked and I changed the settings you said.:good: Also in case if there is a situation where there is poor 3G range will I able to change to 2G mode by selecting under the preferred network type to 2G, instead of going through this number you said ??

Thanks in advance

You should be able to change it in Settings > More > Mobile Networks. :)

Hit thanks if you found my reply useful. :3

Reactions: spp85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance

You should be able to change it in Settings > More > Mobile Networks. :)

Hit thanks if you found my reply useful. :3