[Q] MZ617 network locked

Search This thread

MysTiCy

Apr 6, 2011
Pori
Hello!

I got Motorola XYboard MZ617.

I rooted it and installed safestrap.

Now i have only one problem. i can't connect to internet because the tablet is locked to the Verizon network.

I would pay for the unlock code to unlock it, but the biggest problem is that there is no prompt for the code.

Anyone know any way to get the code prompt, or other way to unlock the network?

MysTiCy

Apr 6, 2011
Pori
Well, i've decided to try to approach the solution myself.

Since flashing to custom ROM(whick does'nt exist for this) would debrand it, then i thought that maybe changing some files from retail version dump to the stock version would do it.

But i've searched the net for a retail version system dump, but have'nt fount any.

So anyone have a retail version dump or can make a dump? It does'nt necessarily have to be for same model. I think those carrier files are about the same for all.
I would compare the files and see if i can debrand this :)

EDIT:
For some reason, it appears that all other than 4G is working without any modification. I just needed to type APN settings manually.
All this time i though that everything is blocked, but appears not. But i still want the LTE/4G to work.

Now i've found out that maybe editing build.prop file would do the thing. So far no results when i tried to change few lines related to Verizon.

Last edited: