Tips & Tricks

Search This thread

comlab

Jan 9, 2008
Berne
Hi to all

The Touch Dual is my first touchscreen phone and I have a smal problem. If I'm in a phone call and I press my ear against the touch screen it opens always applications or do other unwanted things while I'm talking. After the last phone call I was in a settings menu :eek: I know it sounds stupid but it realy irritates me. Is it possible to disable or lock the touchscreen while I'm in a phone call? Thnx for all the other Tips and Tricks

daniel

kerrance76

Dec 7, 2007
Hi to all

The Touch Dual is my first touchscreen phone and I have a smal problem. If I'm in a phone call and I press my ear against the touch screen it opens always applications or do other unwanted things while I'm talking. After the last phone call I was in a settings menu :eek: I know it sounds stupid but it realy irritates me. Is it possible to disable or lock the touchscreen while I'm in a phone call? Thnx for all the other Tips and Tricks

daniel
Try this

PalmarySoft Phone ScreenLock

http://www.palmarysoft.com/products/wm/psl/overview/

SDVB

Oct 13, 2007
Hi to all

daniel

Maybe this is a solution ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=353008

arnonrgo

Nov 26, 2005
BioSense

I don't know if it is common knowledge or not but the dual distinguish between finger-nail (=stylus) and finger
So, for example, in the email app, you can use your fingernail to select multiple emails vs. flick your finger to scroll the email list

Arnon

cbreze

Feb 24, 2007
Central Oregon
Wondering...is there a way to adjust the keypad light to stay on longer? It's kinda short and I always have to hit a key to get it to lite back up. I guess I can get used to using some harmless keypress to do it, just a tad annoying.

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
double tap empty space in outlook to open current highlighted message :)

also, to make the touch keyboards draggable around screen do:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\

Now go to 'DragStyle' and change (0) to (1)

Reboot

2001bmw330xi

Nov 4, 2007
anybody remember what is the registry tweak that auto-disconnects your data session after a certain period of time? just picked up touch dual from best buy yesterday and don't want to kill the battery!

is there no compilated tweak program like "KaiserTweaK' for the Tilt?

cbreze

Feb 24, 2007
Central Oregon
Didn't see this one on here, thought only S60 nokias did this: Holding down the key a sec or two longer gives you the character above the letter. Comes in handy for inputing numbers, exclamations or question marks, periods etc...:cool: