[TOOL] iAPK Suite v0.9 - Drag & Drop APK Installer

Search This thread

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Alright, straight to it.

This is iAPK Suite 0.9. The newest incarnation of iAPK. It's functions have been vastly increased, while keeping it's sole purpose still unique.

The new version of iAPK merits it a new name, iAPK Suite. This means it not only installs APKs, it is a full fledged manager. It installs, deletes, backups, and restores APKs from your respective Android devices. Aside from being drag 'n' drop friendly, i've incorporated a tremendous amount of useful features. Hell, it even signs APKs with a simple click.

There are currently two versions. iAPK Suite and iAPK Mini. The Suite version allows full APK management, while the mini just has simple drag and drop as well as the docking panel without any other APK functions which makes the file size practically cut in half.

Mind you, the usage of this application gets a lot easier when you learn all of the shortcuts I implemented to making things a lot quicker. A wiki will be made to explore everything about iAPK and how to use every function i've built into it, even the not so obvious ones ;)

..:: Screenshots ::..

untitled_k26.png
2_00f.png

3_99L.png
4_9F8.png

5_pa6.png

..:: Features ::..
- Sleek Drag n' Drop User Interface
- Docking Panel
- File Type associations with .apk files
- APK Management
- Signs APKs
- Drag Multiple APKs for installation
- Drag Folders containing APKs for installation

..:: Wiki ::..

iAPK Suite 0.9 Wiki *DOWN*

..:: Download ::..

Download iAPK Suite for Windows (LINK UPDATED JUNE 2012)

..:: Issues/Todo ::..

- adb sometimes has an issue with apks installed from folders with spaces in their name. (Working on a fix)
- small animation glitches tend to appear depending on the environment. (Does not pose any functional problems)
- a system tray icon needs to be added to allow for easy configuration of certain adb options/switches. (Working on)
- several adb switches need to be added to allow forced apk installed (-r) and other various tags. (Working on)
- deleting apks has not been testing thoroughly. (Waiting for feedback)
- iAPK needs an installer instead of being just compiled into a zip. (Working on)

..:: Changelog ::..

v0.9
+ Added quicker docking panel
+ Added File type associations with .apk files
+ Added APK management through the Android Device Bridge (adb.exe)
+ Added APK manifest dumping using the Android Asset Packaging Tool (aapt.exe)
+ New UI built from scratch
+ New Information panel notifier
+ Added a mini version for smaller file size

v0.3
+ Added Update Checker(Now notifies the user if an update is available)
+ Added Directory APK Installing(Not tested)
+ Now checks to see if adb is in $Path or already specified instead of always making a copy of adb locally(Not tested)
+ Added a configuration panel(Intended for internal use, otherwise no use right now)
- Taken out some un-needed functions(may work a little faster for some people)

++ Will be available for Mac OSX, Linux in the next release.
++ Will incorporate a default filetype & shortcut for windows(allows auto-install on doubleclick)

v0.2
+ Added Multiple APK Installing functionality (Drag and Drop multiple APK's)
+ Cleaned up some more code
+ Operation manager for internal use (Allows for batch calculation and apk management)
+ Added small tool tip for future use
+ Added an operation summary at the end of each..operation.
- Taken out 99.9% of the popups
- Taken out clunky option gear graphic

++ Coming soon... Just mention it.

This application works globally for ANY Android Device. Posting it in here is just because i'm in this sub-forum a lot. But this application will work with ANY Android device. It would be nice if this thread was pinned for easy access :D

Last edited:

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
Pretty cool. Heres another alternative i use. I just created a batch file where i made it pickup a file as an argument and "adb install -r" it. I compiled it to an exe and gave it an icon and set it as a default program for apk's. Here it is for those interested. You can either set it as default program for apk filetype, or just drag an apk into it.

Link

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Hey xda inhabitants!

Here's something I made to shorten APK installing. This is my take on an easy drag and drop apk installer with quick and to the point functions. It's very simple and straight forward, drag and drop your APK onto my program, and it will install it over ADB to your phone! Very simple as opposed to using the 0.04 second long browse button, Dragging and dropping saves a bunch of time!

Screenie-bo-beenie

Download-oh-...err

1.4MB RAR
1.6MB ZIP

Please let me know if you want features that adb can provide or ..just anything you want implemented. :)

Interesting. Does it support multiple/batch apk files? That would be useful for a restore.

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Interesting. Does it support multiple/batch apk files? That would be useful for a restore.

wow..nice one

if can drag multiple apk files and batch install would be nice

Hmm..You guys are right.. it does not support multiple apks... It might since it's through adbs command, not sure if that would work. But I have a method of making multiple apks work at once. Lemme throw that on the table.

...Done.

Last edited:

ceasee

Jan 26, 2010
Kitchener
color me stupid but i cant get this to work...
may be that im on a pc at work.
there is nothing fancy needed to get it to work is there?

i am able to use the sdk tools and ADB can see my phone but the app keeps saying failed

any ideas would be great.

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
color me stupid but i cant get this to work...
may be that im on a pc at work.
there is nothing fancy needed to get it to work is there?

i am able to use the sdk tools and ADB can see my phone but the app keeps saying failed

any ideas would be great.

I did some quick debugging and I found out that I broke the single APK installer by adding the multiple batch one. Damn lol. Well for now, untill I release the completely working one, just drop two or more apks on it for them to properly work. That is an error on my part, must have forgot an if/then/else somewhere along the road, I'll fix it now. Should be compiled within an hour. Thanks :)

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Terribly sorry for the confusion. I have fixed the weird problem. Everything now works as it should. Please re-download v0.2 from the original post.

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
I have a couple of requests. Feel free to make them come true :D

1. Make it so if set as a default app for apks, when i double click an apk it launches this program, installs the apk, then shuts the program.

2. Make it so it detects if adb is currently in $path, u can do that using something like errorlevels in batch. So if it detects it, then it shouldnt have to extract the files such as adb and the dlls.

Just my $0.02

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
1. Make it so if set as a default app for apks, when i double click an apk it launches this program, installs the apk, then shuts the program.

This.. is not the easiest thing to do, since I would now need to make my app utilize commandlines in win shells to allow me to add apk file locations to a command to be installed quickly. It's definitely possible, but unfortunately i can't complete it within an hour so, that'll take a bit longer. :D

2. Make it so it detects if adb is currently in $path, u can do that using something like errorlevels in batch. So if it detects it, then it shouldnt have to extract the files such as adb and the dlls.

Just my $0.2

This is definitely an easy task, never thought of that, consider it done as I have the exact code in my head :p

I'll compile everything when I get homerz.

$0.2 is actually 20 cents... wow. You put a lot thought into this one. lol

Anyway, keep in mind, I can do..just about ANYTHING with this app. So don't hold back with your suggestions.

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
This.. is not the easiest thing to do, since I would now need to make my app utilize commandlines in win shells to allow me to add apk file locations to a command to be installed quickly. It's definitely possible, but unfortunately i can't complete it within an hour so, that'll take a bit longer. :D

This is definitely an easy task, never thought of that, consider it done as I have the exact code in my head :p

Anyway, keep in mind, I can do..just about ANYTHING with this app. So don't hold back with your suggestions.

lol my bad. Typing on phone/in a hurry don't go too well :(

Btw wht did u write this in ? vb?

Anything? Lol (I won't go there!) What is the advantage to this verses using su file manager to just copy and paste within the phone? I guess I should just try it out, but didn't want to waste my time cause I have no problems with adb commands, but some of my friends might like it! Thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, straight to it.

This is iAPK Suite 0.9. The newest incarnation of iAPK. It's functions have been vastly increased, while keeping it's sole purpose still unique.

The new version of iAPK merits it a new name, iAPK Suite. This means it not only installs APKs, it is a full fledged manager. It installs, deletes, backups, and restores APKs from your respective Android devices. Aside from being drag 'n' drop friendly, i've incorporated a tremendous amount of useful features. Hell, it even signs APKs with a simple click.

There are currently two versions. iAPK Suite and iAPK Mini. The Suite version allows full APK management, while the mini just has simple drag and drop as well as the docking panel without any other APK functions which makes the file size practically cut in half.

Mind you, the usage of this application gets a lot easier when you learn all of the shortcuts I implemented to making things a lot quicker. A wiki will be made to explore everything about iAPK and how to use every function i've built into it, even the not so obvious ones ;)

..:: Screenshots ::..

untitled_k26.png
    2_00f.png

3_99L.png
    4_9F8.png

5_pa6.png

..:: Features ::..
    - Sleek Drag n' Drop User Interface
    - Docking Panel
    - File Type associations with .apk files
    - APK Management
    - Signs APKs
    - Drag Multiple APKs for installation
    - Drag Folders containing APKs for installation

..:: Wiki ::..

iAPK Suite 0.9 Wiki *DOWN*

..:: Download ::..

Download iAPK Suite for Windows (LINK UPDATED JUNE 2012)

..:: Issues/Todo ::..

- adb sometimes has an issue with apks installed from folders with spaces in their name. (Working on a fix)
    - small animation glitches tend to appear depending on the environment. (Does not pose any functional problems)
    - a system tray icon needs to be added to allow for easy configuration of certain adb options/switches. (Working on)
    - several adb switches need to be added to allow forced apk installed (-r) and other various tags. (Working on)
    - deleting apks has not been testing thoroughly. (Waiting for feedback)
    - iAPK needs an installer instead of being just compiled into a zip. (Working on)

..:: Changelog ::..

v0.9
    + Added quicker docking panel
    + Added File type associations with .apk files
    + Added APK management through the Android Device Bridge (adb.exe)
    + Added APK manifest dumping using the Android Asset Packaging Tool (aapt.exe)
    + New UI built from scratch
    + New Information panel notifier
    + Added a mini version for smaller file size

v0.3
    + Added Update Checker(Now notifies the user if an update is available)
    + Added Directory APK Installing(Not tested)
    + Now checks to see if adb is in $Path or already specified instead of always making a copy of adb locally(Not tested)
    + Added a configuration panel(Intended for internal use, otherwise no use right now)
    - Taken out some un-needed functions(may work a little faster for some people)

++ Will be available for Mac OSX, Linux in the next release.
    ++ Will incorporate a default filetype & shortcut for windows(allows auto-install on doubleclick)

v0.2
    + Added Multiple APK Installing functionality (Drag and Drop multiple APK's)
    + Cleaned up some more code
    + Operation manager for internal use (Allows for batch calculation and apk management)
    + Added small tool tip for future use
    + Added an operation summary at the end of each..operation.
    - Taken out 99.9% of the popups
    - Taken out clunky option gear graphic

++ Coming soon... Just mention it.

This application works globally for ANY Android Device. Posting it in here is just because i'm in this sub-forum a lot. But this application will work with ANY Android device. It would be nice if this thread was pinned for easy access :D
    Just like my other project, I will be restarting this with a new an improved version.

The reason I began this again is because I am now integrating an android application that would let you install your app without having it plugged in (over lan or the internet, but NOT wifi-adb). The reason for this is because it will allow people to use the android app in combination with iAPK to do mass APK backups and restores a lot more easily. Plus a lot more features.
    Terribly Sorry, I had left these forums to the HTC Vivid area. I thought XDA would've notified me when someone posts in this thread. Well anyway. It's not down.

Get iAPK 0.9 here @ 0m3ga

*EDIT*
    I'll update the first post as well.

This thread will be in a better place for this wonderful app @ Android Software Development