[Xposed]Workaround for Netflix on CM10/CM10.1 for Dinc (and maybe 4.1/4.2 in general)

Search This thread

R3vilo

Feb 15, 2013
New Netflix App doesn't work

Many thanks for this workarround, but the new relaese from the Netflix-App (3.7) doesn't work with this. I have the 3.2 and this works.
When I start the app (3.7) and a film-select them comes the loading symbol and then goes after 1-2 seconds back to home
Can fix this for the new release please?

Thanks!

R3Vilo

Last edited:

TwilightSparkles

Dec 3, 2014
i failed this city

i has failed this city.

i followed the guide..... and Netflix stoped crashing YA and lets me click on video but it wont play stuck on black screen with time count but no play.

i has failed.... ooo sooo sad

PHONE INFO:
Droid X - VZW
ROM: CM11

barehill

Feb 15, 2015
worked

Fixed Netflix stalling constantly, now smooth! A big thanks!,,:)
Dragon Elite DTR97
Android 4.2.2
Netflix 1.8.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, thanks to Entropy512's help, I was able to modify his Xposed hack to work on CM10 (based on Android 4.1) and CM10.1 (based on Android 4.2) for the Incredible. Using the newest Netflix app and it's working well without issue. It's easy to install. You just need two files:

Xposed Installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c57cbz2pjoayj4l/XposedInstaller_2.1.3.apk

XposedCM10-10.1 Netflix Hack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5ifqqwh0zylj5g/XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk

In order to install:

1. Download both files to the root directory of your SD Card. Install the Xposed Installer apk
    2. Once Installed, open it up. Press the Install/Update button to install the Xposed Framework. Allow Superuser Permissions. Once it's done, reboot.
    3. Install the Xposed Netflix Workaround apk.
    4. Open up the Xposed Installer and select the Modules button. You should see the Xposed Netflix Workaround option. Tap the checkbox. Reboot.
    5. Open up Netflix. Enjoy.

The background of the app will be white, which is weird, but video will work.

Tested on Tiny's CM10 and CM10.1 ROM, as well as Neo's Infection CM10.1 ROM. Also tested on Zach's P.A.C.Man [Paranoid+AOKP+CM10] ROM. I don't see why it wouldn't work on other ROMs based on Jelly Bean, but I can't guarantee that it will unless other testers come forward.

We have proof now that this can indeed work on other devices, such as the Nook Color. If the original workaround doesn't work, this might be the ticket, since it's more compatible with older devices. Again, I cannot guarantee that this will work and I cannot test this on other devices, but you have nothing to lose by trying. If it doesn't work, simply follow the directions above in reverse.

About 95% of the credit goes to Entropy512, so be sure to thank him in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2101525
    It should work fine. The biggest reason it won't work without the workaround is that the Netflix app detects JB and uses a different player. Our devices simply aren't compatible with that player because the devices are older and the kernels simply don't support the drivers necessary for it to work. They weren't originally meant to run JB. The workaround should work fine as long as they don't change anything drastic and the app supports Gingerbread, which it should for a long while.
    Well, after messing with CM10 for a bit, I noticed that the workaround.apk isn't compatible with Jelly Bean 4.1, which can be a bummer for some. I've modified it to work on both CM10 and CM10.1 (4.1 and 4.2 respectively).
    Would you mind my putting up a post with link to this on the Nook Color forum. having the same problem there and this works great. Even better is then running Liquid64's zip to make it persist past updating nightly rom. Will of course give you, Entropy512 and Liquid64 the credit. Just want to help others find the Info.

Sure, I don't mind. Glad this can help people with other devices.
    Has anyone managed to get this working on CM11? I had been using this workaround on my Motorola Defy with CM10.1 and CM10.2, but after updating to CM11 it no longer works.

Make sure your using the 2.4.1 version of the Xposed frame work. Also there is another work around available. Go to the link in my signature below for both items there. I have a Nook color and cm11 is not yet released for it, so can not test it yet.