*MAJOR UPDATE* [KERNEL][ZL] UNOFFICIAL DooMKernel {JB}(v17r1)[20130921]

Search This thread

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Since DooMLoRD has stopped the development of his great DooMKernel for the Xperia ZL, and after his permission, I'm proud to announce

UNOFFICIAL DooMKernel for the Xperia ZL

This is fully based on his original kernel sources at https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

It's also compiled using Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain precompiled from his repo at https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_prebuilt_toolchains

So, THANKS AND DONATE TO @DooMLoRD for his awesome job and for letting me build this unofficial release. Please, DO NOT REPORT BUGS IN THIS RELEASE TO DooMLoRD, since this is an UNOFFICIAL and UNSUPPORTED release.

You can follow the original thread for current DooMKernel at the Xperia Z forum here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2172888. There you will find all the features of the current release, and discuss specific issues specific to this kernel.

The releases are for STOCK JELLYBEAN 4.2.2 firmwares. Currently tested only on 10.3.1.A.0.244. Starting on v17r1 onwards, the kernel should work on both 10.3.1.A.0.244 *and* 10.3.1.A.2.67.

Starting on v13r2 onwards, I'm including a custom ramdisk, which is basically Sony's stock ramdisk plus two changes made by DooMLoRD: init.d support and fix for wrong date during boot.

Starting on v17r1 onwards, I'm including DooMKernel's ramdisk with all its goodies, including dual recovery! I had to spend some time adjusting a few things on it, to make it fully work on our ZL (changing some definitions from the Z to the ZL, and changing the event listener to access the recoveries).

Thanks @iridaki for teaching how to work with ramdisks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477845.

>>>>>>>> Download v12r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v12r1.zip - 6.63 MB (build date Aug-14-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v13r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13r1.zip - 6.76 MB (build date Aug-16-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v13r2 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13r2.zip - 7.23 MB (build date Sep-03-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v16r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v16r1.zip - 7.24 MB (build date Sep-20-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v17r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v17r1.zip - 14.31 MB (build date Sep-21-2013)

Last edited:

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
*MAJOR UPDATE* General instructions and recommendations

As with previous releases, to install this kernel simply flash the zipfile in recovery.

MY RELEASE DOES NOT INCLUDE RECOVERY. You can use XZDualRecovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606 from @[NUT].

Starting on v17r1 onwards, the kernel uses DooMKernel's ramdisk adjusted for the ZL, which includes dual recovery! So there's no need to install XZDualRecovery separately if you want, but you can still do so if you want!

I recommend you first BACKUP THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORIES:

Code:
/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima
/system/lib/modules

Because the kernel includes new WLAN firmware and modules, and in case you want to go back to stock kernel, you can just flash the old kernel and restore your backups.

Last edited:

establown

Dec 20, 2010
thank you very much
anyone test on 243?
-----------------------------------
i means 423

Last edited:

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Everytime I try to switch WiFi off and then on again I get a reboot. Also my Mac address has been changed. Does anybody have the same issues?

It's not happening to me. Did you flash the zipfile including the new Wi-Fi module and firmware, or just the boot.img through fastboot? Also, do you have any app that may interfere with the Wi-Fi? Getting a reboot is one thing, but changing the MAC address is VERY strange.

CTPAHHIK

Nov 24, 2008
Zurich
It's not happening to me. Did you flash the zipfile including the new Wi-Fi module and firmware, or just the boot.img through fastboot? Also, do you have any app that may interfere with the Wi-Fi? Getting a reboot is one thing, but changing the MAC address is VERY strange.

Getting a reboot after switching on WiFi. After phone reboots WiFi works fine without any problems until turned off again. Switching off WiFi doesn't cause any problems only after switching WiFi on phone reboots.
Back to stock kernel - WiFi switches on without reboot.

SafiXS

Oct 4, 2011
If you look in z forum you will see there is a problem with the cyanogen WiFi module. In v13 it should be fixed so be patient until dbolivar have time to port v13 to zl.

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk 4

Reactions: CTPAHHIK

einfachgaer

I've installed the new kernel through my old recovery. And I can't think of an APP which could possibly interfere with WiFi.

SafiXS

Oct 4, 2011
One question. What are the most best improvements of this kernel? Much better than stock or only the modules like overclock and undervolt make dooms kernel? Convinced despite lose be engine?

Ported from my Xperia ZL with wireless data (it's magic)

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
One question. What are the most best improvements of this kernel? Much better than stock or only the modules like overclock and undervolt make dooms kernel? Convinced despite lose be engine?

I think there are major improvements over the stock kernel, specially if you use tools like Trickster Mod to adjust settings: more CPU and GPU governors to choose, overclock/underclock for CPU and GPU etc. This can give you better performance and/or better battery life. Check out the original thread at the Xperia Z forum (check OP) for a detailed description of all the improvements.

Reactions: SafiXS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since DooMLoRD has stopped the development of his great DooMKernel for the Xperia ZL, and after his permission, I'm proud to announce

UNOFFICIAL DooMKernel for the Xperia ZL

This is fully based on his original kernel sources at https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

It's also compiled using Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain precompiled from his repo at https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_prebuilt_toolchains

So, THANKS AND DONATE TO @DooMLoRD for his awesome job and for letting me build this unofficial release. Please, DO NOT REPORT BUGS IN THIS RELEASE TO DooMLoRD, since this is an UNOFFICIAL and UNSUPPORTED release.

You can follow the original thread for current DooMKernel at the Xperia Z forum here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2172888. There you will find all the features of the current release, and discuss specific issues specific to this kernel.

The releases are for STOCK JELLYBEAN 4.2.2 firmwares. Currently tested only on 10.3.1.A.0.244. Starting on v17r1 onwards, the kernel should work on both 10.3.1.A.0.244 *and* 10.3.1.A.2.67.

Starting on v13r2 onwards, I'm including a custom ramdisk, which is basically Sony's stock ramdisk plus two changes made by DooMLoRD: init.d support and fix for wrong date during boot.

Starting on v17r1 onwards, I'm including DooMKernel's ramdisk with all its goodies, including dual recovery! I had to spend some time adjusting a few things on it, to make it fully work on our ZL (changing some definitions from the Z to the ZL, and changing the event listener to access the recoveries).

Thanks @iridaki for teaching how to work with ramdisks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477845.

>>>>>>>> Download v12r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v12r1.zip - 6.63 MB (build date Aug-14-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v13r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13r1.zip - 6.76 MB (build date Aug-16-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v13r2 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13r2.zip - 7.23 MB (build date Sep-03-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v16r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v16r1.zip - 7.24 MB (build date Sep-20-2013)

>>>>>>>> Download v17r1 for Xperia ZL: ZL-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v17r1.zip - 14.31 MB (build date Sep-21-2013)
    *MAJOR UPDATE* General instructions and recommendations

As with previous releases, to install this kernel simply flash the zipfile in recovery.

MY RELEASE DOES NOT INCLUDE RECOVERY. You can use XZDualRecovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606 from @[NUT].

Starting on v17r1 onwards, the kernel uses DooMKernel's ramdisk adjusted for the ZL, which includes dual recovery! So there's no need to install XZDualRecovery separately if you want, but you can still do so if you want!

I recommend you first BACKUP THE FOLLOWING DIRECTORIES:

Code:
    /system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima
    /system/lib/modules

Because the kernel includes new WLAN firmware and modules, and in case you want to go back to stock kernel, you can just flash the old kernel and restore your backups.
    UNOFFICIAL DooMKernel for Xperia ZL v13r1 released

Just released new build for Xperia ZL of version v13. It should help with the Wi-Fi issues, according to the original thread for Xperia Z. Check OP for download link.
    v16r1 is up

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. V16r1 is up, check op! I've just compiled it and didn't test much before releasing, so please report any bugs here. So far it's working good for me, there are tons of new features (Trickster Kernel Mod is my favorite tool for tweaking it).

And remember to thanks and donate to @DooMLoRD for his awesome job and active development!

P.S.: if anyone wants to test with the newly released firmware, report here if it works. It should work, but you won't get the fixes/improvements Sony released for the respective new kernel. We need to wait for the kernel devs to merge the new source code.
    Major update to v17r1!

Just published v17r1! Besides all the goodies added by DooMLoRD to this version (tip: try the double-tap to wake!), this release includes a fully functioning DooMKernel ramdisk adjusted for our ZL!

Enjoy!