FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ricks ROM NK2

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By GuestK00143, Guest on 27th June 2014, 06:17 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
GuestK00143
21st July 2014, 03:08 AM |#141  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedadrenaline

Dude.......... How do you own Android and not use SwiftKey? Try it for 3 days and I promise your hooked.

The lack of the top row of numbers kills it for me. I don't like pressing the extra key for selecting numbers. I got used to the row of numbers with the Note3.
21st July 2014, 03:18 AM |#142  
Inkedadrenaline's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Maybe they've changed it since you last used it? Mines set up to long press the top row for numbers and you can set the long press time
21st July 2014, 04:59 AM |#143  
trud9340's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

The lack of the top row of numbers kills it for me. I don't like pressing the extra key for selecting numbers. I got used to the row of numbers with the Note3.

You can actually enable top row number keys, dig around in settings. I'm using it right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Settings - > layout -> number row

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to trud9340 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trud9340 Ad-Free
GuestK00143
21st July 2014, 05:05 AM |#144  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trud9340

You can actually enable top row number keys, dig around in settings. I'm using it right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Settings - > layout -> number row

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Awesome, thanks. I'm using it now and the numbers enabled.
21st July 2014, 05:09 AM |#145  
BadKarma81's Avatar
Member
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
The thing that bugs me is it's 66 MB ram usage, Google keyboard is 26 MB. Also, it seems like SwiftKey starts to take awhile to pop up after it has a fairly large correct/complete database.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadKarma81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BadKarma81 Ad-Free
GuestK00143
22nd July 2014, 12:44 AM |#146  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma81

The thing that bugs me is it's 66 MB ram usage, Google keyboard is 26 MB. Also, it seems like SwiftKey starts to take awhile to pop up after it has a fairly large correct/complete database.

Lol, I went back to the stock keyboard anyways.
22nd July 2014, 04:12 AM |#147  
Senior Member
Flag Central CA
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
I can't live without Swiftkey, now that they made it free AND emojis included.
GuestK00143
22nd July 2014, 06:20 PM |#148  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Updated OP, install instructions and download links. Added lots of tweaks for better battery, internet and overall performance. Updated SuperSU to the latest, there in no more need for the extra file to flash. You can probably get away with a dirty flash (wipe cache and dalvik cache) but I still recommend a clean flash (factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache). Enjoy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd July 2014, 05:38 AM |#149  
Was the app that handles the context awareness of the headphones an app that was removed? Would love to be able to obtain an add-on to bring back the special home page that appeared when you plugged in headphones like on my S3.
GuestK00143
23rd July 2014, 04:02 PM |#150  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth2112

Was the app that handles the context awareness of the headphones an app that was removed? Would love to be able to obtain an add-on to bring back the special home page that appeared when you plugged in headphones like on my S3.

Here you go, flash this in SS. The removed app is PageBuddy.apk in system/priv-app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd July 2014, 05:58 PM |#151  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Here you go, flash this in SS. The removed app is PageBuddy.apk in system/priv-app.


Awesome - thanks fore the info!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes