Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK00143, Guest on 27th June 2014, 06:17 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
27th June 2014, 09:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomattnc

Yeah man times have changed, with everything. Rooting has gotten so much easier, just clicking an apk. Some people had to hold paperclips to their dismantled phones in the old days lol. Flashing is less scary, ota root keepers, recovery tools. In my day you had to work for it lol flash and pray you didn't see the splash screen twice. Wish I still had my og evo, still my favorite phone ever.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Not just boot loop but I can't even get odin to flash without a fail "security check fail". driving me crazy. I simply installed Rom on system in SS after I made a backup. wiped before and after and BOOM...Boot Loop and no it won't go for option back to SS. Only goes to download mode.

Edit: yes this is retail
27th June 2014, 10:13 PM |#22  
Flag in the streets racing
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Didnt add download booster?

GuestK00143
27th June 2014, 10:18 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aescbrya

Not just boot loop but I can't even get odin to flash without a fail "security check fail". driving me crazy. I simply installed Rom on system in SS after I made a backup. wiped before and after and BOOM...Boot Loop and no it won't go for option back to SS. Only goes to download mode.

That's bizarre, it sounds like more of a hardware issue than software. This isn't the first ROM I have made by a longshot and nothing has been modified that would cause any issues. So I can assure you it's nothing I added to the ROM to cause this. This is essentially a stock ROM with some files deleted. That's crazy but it sounds similar to this persons problem. I know you tried it already but try and flash the files here in Odin. I know they work and are 100% official for the Verizon retail phone.
GuestK00143
27th June 2014, 10:22 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpluto

Didnt add download booster?

No, I don't use it and never will. I'm not too fond on having to use sqlite editor to get the toggles either. If I can't add toggles by decompiling and editing I would rather not do the mod. That's just me I guess.
27th June 2014, 10:57 PM |#25  
Flag wilmington
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I just flashed on Rom slot perfectly fine. I didn't stay because the reboot from Rom slot issue with the current version of ss is annoying but yeah all is well.

The download booster can be turned on through a third party launcher like nova btw.

27th June 2014, 11:01 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

have you tried vol up home key reboot? ie just a factory reset? I had to do that when my slot 1 killed internal storage

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 01:01 AM |#27  

More
Finally got it back. Had to download from Samsung instead of android host. Going to try again. Not sure what I did lol

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDC

have you tried vol up home key reboot? ie just a factory reset? I had to do that when my slot 1 killed internal storage

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried it again and no go. This is the error im getting when it boots into recovery

kot49h.g900vru1ancg
28th June 2014, 01:37 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Are you going to theme this in the future
GuestK00143
28th June 2014, 01:38 AM |#29  

More
Quote:

Finally got it back. Had to download from Samsung instead of android host. Going to try again. Not sure what I did lol

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I tried it again and no go. This is the error im getting when it boots into recovery

kot49h.g900vru1ancg

I don't know what error that is but have you tried any other ROMs? If so what ones work. If you can post a screen shot of your about phone screen so I can see the lower parts of it.

Added: I did a search for your error and nothing came up but when I search for kot49h it shows either nexus, google play devices or some test firmware.
GuestK00143
28th June 2014, 01:41 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret

Are you going to theme this in the future

Maybe some, but probably not much. I'm can't theme for anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
28th June 2014, 02:52 AM |#31  

More
I can't do it again soon but I bet you money it was a bad download. Going to have to make sure m5 checks out. Thanks for the help
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread