[PSX Emu] ePSXe for Android

Search This thread

eros78

Dec 14, 2006
Wooow. Just tested 1.7.8. This is a great emu. Cant wait for xperia virtual pad support. This plays re-volt with working audio tracks. It seems that every game I try works better. I'm sure there are some that don't, but so far so good. I hear the complaints about options but who needs all of those options if the game works. Another game is pro-pinball. Works better than fpse. I believe that this is a good start for the epsxe team!

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

torsti

Jul 4, 2010
Like to play parasite eve 2. Does it work after the Akropolis tower? (dryfield) fpse don't load the cut scene and stops)

Sent from my Play using xda app-developers app

TheVicious

May 31, 2010
Wooow. Just tested 1.7.8. This is a great emu. Cant wait for xperia virtual pad support. This plays re-volt with working audio tracks. It seems that every game I try works better. I'm sure there are some that don't, but so far so good. I hear the complaints about options but who needs all of those options if the game works. Another game is pro-pinball. Works better than fpse. I believe that this is a good start for the epsxe team!

Sent from my R800x using xda app-developers app

Which pro-pinball You use? My favourite Timshock! works but have lots of graphical glitches (ball leave smudges). On FPSE works like in 120fps and glitches are same as in epsxe. I'm still doesn't see anything better in epsxe then fpse. Test Tekken 3 or Colin Mcrae Rally 2 - both game works far worse then in fpse.

Options are very important - because You can make game works better with diffrent settings.

Wysyłane z mojego R800i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

cyraxx84

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah Night Raid works(fpse not).
The first time i see this game working on android and at full speed!

eros78

Dec 14, 2006
Which pro-pinball You use? My favourite Timshock! works but have lots of graphical glitches (ball leave smudges). On FPSE works like in 120fps and glitches are same as in epsxe. I'm still doesn't see anything better in epsxe then fpse. Test Tekken 3 or Colin Mcrae Rally 2 - both game works far worse then in fpse.

Options are very important - because You can make game works better with diffrent settings.

Wysyłane z mojego R800i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

I am playing Fantastic Journey. It does have graphical issue with the screen not refreshing as the ball travels...but much better than that on FPSe.

I agree that options are important for a emu, but I do feel that the closer you get to emulating the system the less options you need. I played with all the option in FPSE and nothing fixed the ball and speed issues in pinball or the audio tracks not playing in Re-Volt.

Also, I have to admit. I loaded Soul Edge and Street Fighter EX2+ and the audio latency is substancial. Maybe one whole second. The low latency option seems to change the sample rate making the audio playback slow as if it had been chopped and screwed. Plaaaaaaayyerrrrrrrrr Onnnnnnnnnneeeeeee Wiiiiiiiiiins!

All in all its a great start and I can't wait to see the improvements that will be implemented.

DevilMind007

Dec 3, 2011
Islamabad
I just bought the app to give it a whirl. So far Crash bandicoot 2 runs sweet as a nut. Testing chrono cross right now which also seems pretty spot on!

There are a few little audio niggles but I can live with that.

Also latest version has button mapping!

For people who are intrested i'm using the AOKP version of ICS. I haven't over clocked my CPU either ;)

Will it work on Samsung Galaxy Ace??
can it play Final Fantasy 7??

james44422

Aug 29, 2012
Bath
www.leeson.me
Will it work on Samsung Galaxy Ace??
can it play Final Fantasy 7??

I doubt very much it would work on the Ace, I had one before my play and the play is a behemoth in comparison.

I played FF7 to completion on my play but I was using the internal emulator (at the time FPSE wasn't good enough and ePSXe hadn't been released.

Most games can now run smooth on FPSE at least (I find it to have better compatibilty than ePSXe). I have played all the crash bandicoots and Mobil 1 Rally all the way through using FPSE. I haven't tried FF7 on FPSE since may, since the FPSE has come a heck of a long way since then though so i'm sure it would have no problem, I tried FF8 and Chrono Cross but they were both just a bit too slow.

But I dont think the ace would really be up to the task though

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
I have been testing the new beta builds, reporting what issues I do see. Which last update, seems to have fixed a few bugs (See Changelog). =) Got the new beta for hardware mode. So gonna see how better/worse this performs. =)

VDDZ

Mar 7, 2010
has anyone found a way to change the position of the overlay pad? or to flip the screen in all directions.

shocito

Oct 7, 2011
ePSXe 1.7.1.0 has been released.

* Added a new hardware renderer. It is faster and smoother than software one. If you have speed or graphics problems, you can enable the old software renderer again in preferences.
* Fixed some GPU bugs (Bof3, Medievil, Detana Twinbee Yahho)(Jader, Clement)
* Removed filtering option in preferences (Hardware renderer is always filtered, and software renderer no).

Castlevania SOTN, Soul Reaver, Chrono Cross and thread of Fate has been tested by me without overclocking and using hardware mode + filtering is really really FAST!!!! :laugh: :D

biozkop

Jul 22, 2012
I don't know why, but it very laggy in my play, played star ocean2 and final fantasy 8 still lag even in hardware mod.. (extremely in random battle)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

alsmcj

Oct 8, 2012
epsxe non-visible rom files android

Can't see roms after downloading them. Is there a place they need to be put to become visible through game loader? Or maybe a file name change that needs to be made? Droid razr maxx ics. Help please would be appreciated. Maybe some info to a site with clear cut instructions since it seems answering questions for this emu is cloak and dagger.

Solar.Plexus

Jan 29, 2012
Can't see roms after downloading them. Is there a place they need to be put to become visible through game loader? Or maybe a file name change that needs to be made? Droid razr maxx ics. Help please would be appreciated. Maybe some info to a site with clear cut instructions since it seems answering questions for this emu is cloak and dagger.
While the PSX ROM files must be .bin, .iso, .img, or something like that. If they are .ecm, you have to un-ecm them.

sjaak1234

Jun 19, 2008
For the love of god, how do you turn on analog sticks on this?

Works really great on my Sensation but without analoge sticks most games are unplayable. Can't even drive a straight line in GT2 without.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ePSXe has been released officially for Android on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epsxe.ePSXe

It's important to say: Doesn't support the Xperia Play hardware buttons and has less configuration than FPSe.

After a 4 years hiatus, it is finally time for some news about ePSXe's development.

ePSXe 1.8.0 is almost finished and is currently in testing phase. If all goes well we expect to release it in a few weeks. This version will include compressed iso support (PBP), SBI support (such as used by redump.org), updates for multitap, disc change and spu and of course a lot of compatibility related fixes.

We were thinking of different ways to get funds for the development of ePSXe and finally decided to develop an Android port. If you want to support the ePSXe development please buy the Android port in the Google Play Market. It contains the ePSXe core, the internal SPU plugin, a new experimental internal soft GPU plugin and a new 2 players mode for tablets.

We would like to give our thanks to Gladiator, from www.psxdatacenter.com, for the thousands of tests he has done in the last 4 years. Without his help creating a version with high compatibility would have been almost impossible. Many thanks to you and your brother :). We would also want to give our thanks to Shalma who worked on ePSXe Shark, several plugins and plugins "repairs series". He did a wonderful job, some would even consider it "magic", finding then fixing numerous bugs and deserves our most sincere thanks and admiration.

Finally we want to thank you the ePSXe users for supporting our 12 years old child "ePSXe" :)

We have created a twitter account "epsxeteam", where we expect your impressions about the emulator. Please don't use this account to request support and instead use ngemu.com forums.

Regards,
    ePSXe Team.

http://epsxe.com/

What's in this version 1.7.5:
    * SBI subchannel support.
    * PBP iso support.
    * Internal GPU plugin.
    * 2 players mode.
    * Compatibility fixes.

sPR1K.jpg
    FPse updates are the worst. I swear the dev breaks things in one update just to give himself something to fix in the next.

Quoted for humour...and also most probably truth. :laugh:
    FPse updates are the worst. I swear the dev breaks things in one update just to give himself something to fix in the next.
    +1
    Yeah its always the same, after 1 or 2 months comes an update and the update itself he must update 3,4 times. And last time its more a "downdate" than a up.
    I'm happy about this since ePSXe is the best PS1 emulator bar none. I'll test it myself today, not a fan of fpse myself.
    Uhh it did. PSX launched december 1994, in april 1996 the introduced the dual analog controller and and in 1997 they started shipping the dualshock controller as standard controller. The ps2 launched in 2000 so yes, it sold with a dual analog controller for most of the time.

Besides, the pc version has analog controller support so why the hell doesnt the android version have it? There isnt any technical reason.