[MOD] ZeroCamera One S | V3.3 | JPG100 | Volume Shutter | 18-JAN Updated]

Search This thread

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010

UPDATE 18/01/13 :

V3.3 ( For roms with JB 3.16 base )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* Fixed audio bitrate and channels. Thanks lthawker :)

This camera is based off lyapota's - One X HTCCamera JB Plus, Extrim edition. Thanks for the awesome camera.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1925013

I compared the code of the One S and X cameras and it was 99% the same. I have added the few code changes and also some images had to be resized for the One S.

40/30/20 Mbps are now selectable from the settings menu of the camera.
Image Non Forced and Forced 100% is the same.

Video Auto mode = 30 Mbps
Image Quality non forced = 100%

UPDATE 05/09 :

V2.3 ( For roms with 2.31 base, eg ViperOneS 1.1 )

* Added optional Volume+Up Camera Shutter ( in Camera app only. Normal functionality when not using Camera )
* Fixed JPEG 100 bug. Thanks abo_mara7
* All in one installer. Choose from

Quick test I did. I zoomed in on my monitor and took some video, these are two screenshots from the stock camera and 40mbps. Tried to keep the zoom level the same to make it a fair test.

http://s8.postimage.org/b6niv6vat/10mbps.png
http://s8.postimage.org/bkouusfed/40bmps.png

Download

ZeroCamera V3.3 / for JB 3.16 base roms
Download

ZeroCamera V2.3 / for 2.31 base roms
Download

ZeroCamera V1.21 / for pre 2.21 base roms
Download

Last edited:

x1tyme

Dec 30, 2007
What the diff between 20 n 40?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

pirlano

you'll need camera.apk modding to remove caps (but it's very simple) ;)
media_profiles is not used at all, so video bitrate will be 10mbps with this mod.

i was trying to hack some camera libs to have higher res on slow motion recording before release. I got some problems and only 800x480 is working at 4X recording, it's almost impossible to debug *.so libs, if someone can help me i'll be happy to learn :D (i can do 2x slow motion recording but 720p is not working like HTC Sensation, only 800x480 at 4X)

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010
media_profiles is not used at all, so video bitrate will be 10mbps with this mod.

i was trying to hack some camera libs to have higher res on slow motion recording before release. I got some problems and only 800x480 is working at 4X recording, it's almost impossible to debug *.so libs, if someone can help me i'll be happy to learn :D (i can do 2x slow motion recording but 720p is not working like HTC Sensation, only 800x480 at 4X)

Your wrong on this mate.

Reactions: verysick

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009

I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but trying the 40 mod gave me a bit rate of 39Mbps so I'm guessing you're mistaken. Tried the twenty but still had 13Mbps (same as 'stock')

The 40 only recorded for 11 seconds then froze. The file still saved though.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

fairuse

Jun 30, 2011
Wow, this sounds exciting. I was a bit let down when they did a match up between the Galaxy S III and the One S/One X video recording comparison. The One series video seems noticeably inferior and exhibit what seems to be some choppiness. Hopefully this mod will make the One S bar none the best camera phone (well pure view and N9 will still be better). Now my other grip with the One series camera is the overuse of filtering like sharpness and over saturation. Hopefully there will be a mod to solve that issue.

ICWS

Jan 9, 2009
What about higher bitrates on 720p? The video would be smaller and the 1s just has a qHD screen, so 1080p is useless, unless you watch them on a FullHD TV.
This is a great mod though!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE 18/01/13 :

V3.3 ( For roms with JB 3.16 base )
    * Fixed audio bitrate and channels. Thanks lthawker :)

This camera is based off lyapota's - One X HTCCamera JB Plus, Extrim edition. Thanks for the awesome camera.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1925013

I compared the code of the One S and X cameras and it was 99% the same. I have added the few code changes and also some images had to be resized for the One S.

40/30/20 Mbps are now selectable from the settings menu of the camera.
    Image Non Forced and Forced 100% is the same.

Video Auto mode = 30 Mbps
    Image Quality non forced = 100%

UPDATE 05/09 :

V2.3 ( For roms with 2.31 base, eg ViperOneS 1.1 )

* Added optional Volume+Up Camera Shutter ( in Camera app only. Normal functionality when not using Camera )
    * Fixed JPEG 100 bug. Thanks abo_mara7
    * All in one installer. Choose from

Quick test I did. I zoomed in on my monitor and took some video, these are two screenshots from the stock camera and 40mbps. Tried to keep the zoom level the same to make it a fair test.

http://s8.postimage.org/b6niv6vat/10mbps.png
    http://s8.postimage.org/bkouusfed/40bmps.png

Download

ZeroCamera V3.3 / for JB 3.16 base roms
    Download

ZeroCamera V2.3 / for 2.31 base roms
    Download

ZeroCamera V1.21 / for pre 2.21 base roms
    Download
    Updated the camera based off lyapota's - One X HTCCamera JB Plus, Extrim edition. Many Thanks to him.

Check the first page.
    Sorry for my noobness but I'm guessing the bigger the number the better the quality of the picture will be?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

You got it.
    Updated latest Camera 2.31, check the original post.

Framerate seems very smooth on the new camera.

Damn all these updates :)
    i want to share with your some results :)

i'm currently using decompiled with JAD camera to find some values and i'm using baksmali/smali to make changes (because smali it's 1:1 copy with bytecode and recompiling smali will make no difference with original code, recompiling java can create some differences with old code, it's hard to make future changes)

using baksmali-1.3.3 i found these value:

zeroprobe found photo max size here (props to zeroprobe :D )
    \com\android\camera\ResolutionSize.smali
    (maybe it's useful to mod lower resolution too, not only 8MPixel)

also there are video bitrate values in:
    \com\android\camera\RecordLimitCheck.smali
    (maybe we should set the same bitrate value of media_profiles to get better stability??)

also maybe we can increase audio quality, didn't search for that but should be simple

about FPS hacks - Slow Motion etc etc:

of course we need modded media_profiles for 1st fps cap
    than we can control fps here:
    \com\android\camera\CameraThread.smali
    at line 15724 there is: const/16 v16, 0x78 #120 FPS for slow motion
    at line 15730 there is: const/16 v16, 0x1e #30 FPS for normal video recording

I also found:
    \com\android\camera\component\CaptureBar$14.smali
    at line 472 there is: const/high16 v10, 0x4080 #4.0 float multiplier for slow motion 4x

\com\android\camera\component\RecordingTimerUI$1.smali
    at line 205 there is: const/high16 v6, 0x4080 #4.0 float multiplier for slow motion 4x

and slow motion resolutions size:
    \com\android\camera\MovieModeHandler.smali
    at line 1528 there is: const/16 v1, 0x300 #768
    at line 1530 there is: const/16 v2, 0x1b0 #432
    can be increased to 800x480 without problem, more than this i get a black screen

than i found with static analysis and IDA Pro 6.1 some default camera parameter in lib/hw/camera.msm8960.so and lib/libcamera_client.so

for example in camera.msm8960.so there is slow-motion-x = 04 in 0x000189D4 (slow motion multiplier hardcoded)
    and slow-motion-res = 768x432 here: 0x0002D46A (slow motion resolution hardcoded in libs)

still searching where default-frame-rate is hardcoded (default fps is 31, 0x1F), if we found it, we can remove 31fps cap!!!

Trying to debugging *.so libs but my spare time is ended...time to study for last exam and thesis :D

Also we can check all default camera parameters with CameraGetParams app (use GooglePlay! It's free!)