UPDATED (Ics update) att.en.us.

Search This thread

Skandranen

Jan 3, 2012
Joliet, IL

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
You should feel special. Now they need to put up screenshots of all the bricks.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

No kidding...Didn't see any mention of that. Here's another one for them:
Capture.PNG

But, wow, the news of the leak spread like wildfire.. It makes me think even more that we were all setup by Moto

Last edited:

troycarpenter

I'm actually worried that the we are headed to a bootloader that removes fxz functionality similar to what they did with the Atrix OG. For those who don't know, the latest units from Moto/ATT for the Atrix OG have bootloaders that not only don't allow unlocking, but also removed the ability to flash images (that would allow the unlocked bootloader to be flashed).

Perhaps they are getting people to brick their units and sent in for replacement so they can send out units that don't allow fxz images.

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
I've been on the motorola forums. Some of those guys are waiting for some email invite for testing. We are the "forum that shall not be named". They don't mess around over there. Rule violations get your butt dropped.

It took forever to register. Completed the form then waited watching the disk spin.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
I've been on the motorola forums. Some of those guys are waiting for some email invite for testing. We are the "forum that shall not be named". They don't mess around over there. Rule violations get your butt dropped.

It took forever to register. Completed the form then waited watching the disk spin.

Yeah and you can not mention any hacking at all.. root is a bad word that can get you banned. I got into it with Matt (I told Matt to f' off, only I used the whole f word there, as well as other very colorful words) and they gave me a permanent ban. They tell you lies on purpose over there, and they never follow through on real issues.

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
Pops always said Know your enemy. I've signed up for the soak test. Even if I get drawn I'm already on ics so I won't be eligible. Just being nosey.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Pops always said Know your enemy. I've signed up for the soak test. Even if I get drawn I'm already on ics so I won't be eligible. Just being nosey.

GET ME THAT TEST IMAGE!!!! Those that were chosen for the 2.3.6 soak test did for the 2.3.6 soak, that is how lfaber06 was able to get a ROM out before the real OTA was even out. ;)

It would be best to PM me an uploaded link if you know know what I mean.... just lie and tell them you are on 2.3.6 and still get us the image, if you are chosen.. we might be able to reverse the damage to the mbm files....

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
I can't or I would... I was banned from the moto site. Matt and I are not on good terms.
LOL - is that putting it lightly?
Can I post a link to the sign up page or is that a no no

It's not too hard to find... should I sign up as "alteredlikeness", or would that raise a red flag? Lol.. eh, why not - i'll give it a shot.. depending on how much personal info they want.

Moto A2 forums link: https://forums.motorola.com/hives/57c10ac4e1/summary

Last edited:

leifemagnuson

Mar 15, 2011
Raleigh N.C.
Leave link if its allowed. I'm a bleeding edge software kind of a guy. I just want it. I've always learned more mistakes than anything else. If its all that we can get let's get it.

Sent from my soon to be bricked ics using Tapatalk 2

dk-v1

Dec 28, 2011
Baton Rouge
I've been opted in for the testing...

But, I think I've probably posted my fair share of griping over there...it's doubtful that I'll get in.

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
Yeah and you can not mention any hacking at all.. root is a bad word that can get you banned. I got into it with Matt (I told Matt to f' off, only I used the whole f word there, as well as other very colorful words) and they gave me a permanent ban. They tell you lies on purpose over there, and they never follow through on real issues.

LOL I'm on the Motorola forum and just recently put up a video of my Rooted Xyboard running an ICS leak! Just waiting for it to be taken down! :D

hoodlikegaza

Jan 8, 2008
I'm actually worried that the we are headed to a bootloader that removes fxz functionality similar to what they did with the Atrix OG. For those who don't know, the latest units from Moto/ATT for the Atrix OG have bootloaders that not only don't allow unlocking, but also removed the ability to flash images (that would allow the unlocked bootloader to be flashed).

Perhaps they are getting people to brick their units and sent in for replacement so they can send out units that don't allow fxz images.

This is fud, wrong, and just completely stupid to spread... I've unlocked 3 OG atrixs' sent directly from motorola in the last 30 days. The current solutions in the very threads where this fud first started showing up work.

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
I've attended a SOAK test for my X2 a few months back. So I just registered my A2 and updated my profile with my new carrier and phone number. Don't know what other steps I had to take to get in this test but it looks like I'm good to go. I'll try to get you the image if I can jim. Wont be installing it though right? Would probably be a bad thing yeah? Will only download if, "if" I happen to get it.

Sent From My Delicious Ice Cream Sandwhich! Not Your Disgusting Apple Pie!

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
I've attended a SOAK test for my X2 a few months back. So I just registered my A2 and updated my profile with my new carrier and phone number. Don't know what other steps I had to take to get in this test but it looks like I'm good to go. I'll try to get you the image if I can jim. Wont be installing it though right? Would probably be a bad thing yeah? Will only download if, "if" I happen to get it.

Sent From My Delicious Ice Cream Sandwhich! Not Your Disgusting Apple Pie!

Cool. Thanks!

We should be able to dissect it and hopefully help those who can't update because of the leak.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently there is no way to flash back to gb. Our awesome devs are looking into a solution. If you upgrade to this leaked ics you will be stuck there. You will also be off the upgrade path for the official ics ota.

You have been warned.

This has turned i into a no headeaded monster.

EVERYONE!!!

I have had some success with this!

I am going to make a CWM flashable patch for this, so wish me luck.
    Just to let everyone know, I am going to be the guinea pig for this one.... since this phone is my hacker phone...

I will report back in a while... hang tight.

To the OP, just hold off posting the link to everyone until I can confirm we can fxz back after I update to this.

--EDIT--

Everyone, stay excited, this is looking good, so far.

--2nd EDIT---

I will also update the all in one script I am finishing up, to include the moto fail files for ics, and we can all thank Dan Rosenburg for that!
    Agree, but hell, time pass so freaking slow rigth now :D

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

To all,

ICSupercharged Coming soon, stay tuned.getting my hands dirty as we speak.expect a release in the next couple days. i wanna let u guys play with stock meanwhile ;)
    Can anyone offer me some help on rooting this? Ota Rootkeeper didn't keep it for me, and I tried a method for the razr to no avail... pm's or posts please.. or cogeary, can you link that or explain a bit more?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Yeah I have a script for both linux/mac users and a batch for the windows side of the house. I will upload it now.

I am also uploading a CWM backup as we speak, that is rooted.

Here is the A2 root scripts... the .bat file is for windows, and the .sh is for linux/mac, and I am sure most you guys know.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45576654/A2_ICS_root.zip