Search This thread

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
Check this Video out !

What do you think ?

Last edited:

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
highly doubt it's real since if it's there, HTC should've advertise it so they will get more praise for it.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Probably not. NFC can't get through the metal back cover. Since it can't, I doubt HTC put any NFC chips in the device.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
Why would they put NFC in the device and not advertise it ? They know what they put into the phone as much as id like it to be real it must be fake

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
Be nice if this is true. Not too bothered about it now though as NFC isn't really a big feature here in the UK (yet.....) and can't see it being that popular/"the norm" for at least another year.

It has happened in other phones as well i.e. my last android phone, the Samsung galaxy spica i5700, it had a FM radio chip and also multi-touch, both weren't enabled with stock samsung software and weren't advertised at all or listed in the specs. either, thankfully, one great developer got the multi-touch working superbly.

WCCobra

May 12, 2012
I have build an NFC Chip into my Computer to test the possibilities of NFC with my One X. So I thought, could it be that the One S also has an NFC Chip but disabled it so that the One X has an benefit against his little brother. Than I tried to port the NFC Drivers from the One X to the S and it works very well, but you can't disable it and there is no Android Beam yet. I try to cook an NFC enabled, RUU based Rom with working Android Beam. Download Link: Is coming soon!

Quoted from the video... so the One S is missing drivers and all functionality?

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
If this is true about NFC someone should try hitting up leedroid on Twitter he's quite good at porting things over and can give it a shot if he would like to atleast bring it to his attention

neoseal

Jul 29, 2008
Kansas City
I think I wrote about this a couple days ago in my thread :D

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Yup David111jr did have this up a few days ago....but the title of his thread didnt help to entice people to read :silly: When i showed this to a few other people, it was mentioned that it might be the cleaver use of Chrome to Phone. It would be awesome if it turned out to be true, but since people like to play nice tricks like this, we will have to wait and see. As for Leedroid, looking through his thread it looks like he might be busy with home things (after all awesome devs have home lives too :) ) . Hopefully a dev can either debunk or reproduce it. I will keep my fingers crossed for sure!!

frdd

Jan 1, 2012
Have the tear downs not showed a NFC chip ?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

All teardowns I have seen thus far, eg. the directfix one, really just show how to replace the display so guess we have to wait till I slam a door on mine or something...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
    I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
    I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...
    I've had real evidence that the HTC One S supports NFC.

unfortunately an UFO with green creatures went by and soldered the chip out :(

I love this thread...keep posting and stay tuned!
    If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.
    Hey moderator could you close this thread?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    We don't have NFC !

What is your proof / source of knowledge. Please don't post if you don't evidence or any knowledge at all about a topic.