HTC One S with NFC ?

Search This thread

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
It's too bad it's impossible to find teardown pics for our phone. I thought I found some once before but I couldn't right now in a quick search. A company called NXP makes the NFC chips in the latest round of Android phones. Since it is a separate chip and not just another feature in something like the wireless combo chip where they have a bunch of features (the chip in or phone can do FM RX / TX) and simply don't turn them on I'm doubtful.

But if anyone can find pictures of our phones mainboard just look for a chip with NXP on it and the mystery is over.

HTC One X NFC chip
6363201-620-410.jpg

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
Guys don't get your hopes high I very much doubt we have NFC lol there are annoyin people who fake things like that because they get a little humour from it but I don't think we have an NFC chip and even if we do I.... A small little tiny chance we do there are not many devs working on the one s and many of them do not even have the HTC one s for example troxx and leedroid so it will be hard to get a teardown

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
Guys don't get your hopes high I very much doubt we have NFC lol there are annoyin people who fake things like that because they get a little humour from it but I don't think we have an NFC chip and even if we do I.... A small little tiny chance we do there are not many devs working on the one s and many of them do not even have the HTC one s for example troxx and leedroid so it will be hard to get a teardown

Thats true,

Gesendet von meinem HTC VLE_U mit Tapatalk 2

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
By the way, when you remove the backcover for inserting sim card,
U will be able to see three double pins, one of them might be the nfc antenna, why i am saying it because i had a nexus s with same pins

Gesendet von meinem HTC VLE_U mit Tapatalk 2

frdd

Jan 1, 2012
4000 $ are really a fair bit for only some pictures that needed ;) For this price i would rather buy Some One S and unscrew them ;)

one_s_teardown.png

Lol a few phones, and a nice DSLR;) thanks for checking, figured it would be something like that so I didn't bother to create an account

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
The S4 SOC is so integrated, it's likely that it has the NFC functionality built in along with the cell radio, gps, etc. My company makes several products based on one platform, with various functionality enabled via software. I would guess that NFC is disabled on the HOS to differentiate it from the flagship HOX but could probably work using the HOX drivers.

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
The S4 SOC is so integrated, it's likely that it has the NFC functionality built in along with the cell radio, gps, etc. My company makes several products based on one platform, with various functionality enabled via software. I would guess that NFC is disabled on the HOS to differentiate it from the flagship HOX but could probably work using the HOX drivers.

I was really hoping this was the case but it's not. I looked at the data sheets for the SOC and wireless combo chip. NFC is not present. In the One X & S3 & Nexus S and others I've looked at NFC is provided by a discrete chip from NXP. Since it's provided by a discrete chip and isn't something like the like FM transmit which the wireless chip is capable of but not active chances are very small HTC would add the chip and not use it.

From the Anandtech ATT One X review

The One X includes NFC tag and beaming support courtesy the ubiquitous NXP PN544.
`
Everyone remember this is HTC thinnest phone ever, space was a premium. The chance of them adding an extra chip only to not use it is very small.

I want to believe though.

Reactions: Brandonrz and n0j0e

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
i suppose there is a SLIM possibility that this is included and not enabled... i doubt it though. NFC is an emerging tech and if there was a chip put in the phone that cost HTC more money to use and then not even a mention or ANYTHING from HTC and NO proof that the chip exists.... not to mention that the OP has not commented an ANYTHING since his post.... hmmmmmmm.... the whole FM argument i dont think would work because the FM was not an aditional chip if i recall correctly, it was just a feature that was not enabled as part of the SOC.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjm128

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
My biggest bet is the op is the owner of the YouTube channel come here ona different name to try get some views for his channels its all fake look when he said it in the forums and when video was posted I saw the post in forums 9hr after video was released and who searches ok YouTube for NFC when HTC said we don't have it

Reactions: mjm128 and v3n3

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
That's why the top and bottom covers are plastic. NFC could get out, just like wifi and cell does.

Those covers are filled, they'd need bigger ones for NFC to also get crammed in. To compare, you need a cover about the size of the one on the Evo LTE.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
My biggest bet is the op is the owner of the YouTube channel come here ona different name to try get some views for his channels its all fake look when he said it in the forums and when video was posted I saw the post in forums 9hr after video was released and who searches ok YouTube for NFC when HTC said we don't have it

Dude its Not my channel nor my Video ,
I was just watching some stuff in YouTube, and then i got this Video .

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: a13xemz

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
i suppose there is a SLIM possibility that this is included and not enabled... i doubt it though. NFC is an emerging tech and if there was a chip put in the phone that cost HTC more money to use and then not even a mention or ANYTHING from HTC and NO proof that the chip exists.... not to mention that the OP has not commented an ANYTHING since his post.... hmmmmmmm.... the whole FM argument i dont think would work because the FM was not an aditional chip if i recall correctly, it was just a feature that was not enabled as part of the SOC.

And yes i commented See Page 3

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
    I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
    I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...
    I've had real evidence that the HTC One S supports NFC.

unfortunately an UFO with green creatures went by and soldered the chip out :(

I love this thread...keep posting and stay tuned!
    If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.
    Hey moderator could you close this thread?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    We don't have NFC !

What is your proof / source of knowledge. Please don't post if you don't evidence or any knowledge at all about a topic.