Custom Rom +Theme = Lost Exchange Support

Search This thread

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
just hoping for a little help on getting 1 piece solved to my N3 setup with the theme i want and everything working. i am running 4.4.2 custom rom with a Backs Black theme that i had to manipulate a little when flashing to get everything themed just the way i want.

my only feature not working to complete my setup is Exchange Email for work and standard Email works fine but Exchange tells me something is wrong and it always worked perfectly with just name and password before theme stuff

i have tried to replace SeEmail_J, SecExchange, and EnterprisePermissions with the original rom files and permissions for them but this has not helped and still fails.

any thoughts or suggestions on fixing this without having to use a 3rd Party like K9?

thanks for any help

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Just curious but did you verify it working prior to flashing the theme? It may be 100% vr theme based, but it does replace .xml files in certain apks.

<Note3>

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
If you try it again from scratch, yank all the .xml's out of the theme before flashing and see if that solves it. If so, guess it's trial and error to se3 which of those are causing it. . .

<Note3>

i never mind starting over and in fact it took some serious trial and error to get Backs Black working on dialer and contacts and had to install KromeX first just to get it to take.

would pulling XML's affect installation of theme? not familiar with this so thanks for clarification :)

Reactions: LeftyGR

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
i never mind starting over and in fact it took some serious trial and error to get Backs Black working on dialer and contacts and had to install KromeX first just to get it to take.

would pulling XML's affect installation of theme? not familiar with this so thanks for clarification :)

Unsure. It might. But what you can do once you've verified (IF it works) you can use your apps with the theme minus xml, start reflashing the theme with xml's in a few apps at a time. Backing up in between. It may not have too much impact on the theme once you narrow it down. And it's probably just one in framework, settings, or the email app doing it.

<Note3>

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Unsure. It might. But what you can do once you've verified (IF it works) you can use your apps with the theme minus xml, start reflashing the theme with xml's in a few apps at a time. Backing up in between. It may not have too much impact on the theme once you narrow it down. And it's probably just one in framework, settings, or the email app doing it.

<Note3>

well thanks and go figure i tried replacing the apks again with a fresh data clear on each before and then recovery caches wipe as a last effort to having to start over and all is good and working and very DARK!

thanks for you input :)

Reactions: LeftyGR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you try it again from scratch, yank all the .xml's out of the theme before flashing and see if that solves it. If so, guess it's trial and error to se3 which of those are causing it. . .

<Note3>

<Note3>

well thanks and go figure i tried replacing the apks again with a fresh data clear on each before and then recovery caches wipe as a last effort to having to start over and all is good and working and very DARK!

thanks for you input :)