Steps to change your 1st Boot Splash Screen

Search This thread

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
anything for t-mobile splash screen? I usually flash my phone with my name and address so it's something "hardcoded". I definitely want to have a backup of my splash screen first for warranty reasons :)

vyap

Oct 20, 2006
Designer Wanted

I belived a lot of creative people out there, pls show off some of your work for us to enjoy.

Corrupto

Sep 16, 2008
Anyone have the original "animated.gif" and "BootUpHTC.wav" files that came with the TP? cant find them...

hittori

Jun 23, 2008
Hi,

I have done exactly what you said in the 1st post, but my image is like cut and the bellow 100px still have the red logo of Vodafone.

Any idea? I have tried loads of things already.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have found a thread where this guy fixed the problem:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=436105

so I hope vyap add the correction in his helpfull explanation

Cheers

Last edited:

neil_swann80

May 11, 2005
Bristol, UK
AVg is saying RaphaelCustomRUU.exe contains a Trojan dropper???

update: "the CustomRUU "drops" the files outside of the exe, which can be seen as a Trojan File Dropper for people using AVG"

Last edited:

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
AVg is saying RaphaelCustomRUU.exe contains a Trojan dropper???

update: "the CustomRUU "drops" the files outside of the exe, which can be seen as a Trojan File Dropper for people using AVG"

There are two variants of the CustomRUU: one is being detected as a virus and one is not (patched by cmonex if I remember it correctly). In any case, both are fine :)

scarecrow2012

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney
Hi vyap, great guide on how to create new splash scree but every time I try step 5/v to create nhb in location I choose nothing happens. Ive followed all the steps and it says done but there is no file in the location I selected. Im running vista and have also tried running nbh utility as admin. Also tried on xp but NBHUtil.exe kept coming up as an error and would only terminate. The xml file is in the same folder also.

Ok solved the problem by using Htc Rom Tool 1.1 to create the nbh

Last edited:

DonDie

Aug 13, 2008
Smallville
Hey maybe this is a dumb question but, what is the splash screen en what is the boot screen?

Im trying to change the first screen which used to say "TouchPro" but now its "HTC Pocket BIOS V8.01 .. too much info"

So is that the splash or boot screen?

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
hi,

i'm not sure why is that i can't edit in the splashpatch.exe window??:mad::confused:

Run it in a DOS prompt. You cant be in windows and just click the exe file

example:
C:\Temp> splashpatch.exe R splash.nb splash2.nb

splashpatch.exe starts the app running
R tells it is for the Raphael
splash.nb is the name of the file you are trying to patch
splash2.nb is the name of the file you want to designate as the patched .nb file prior to running the NBHutil.

Hope that helps.

nyok80

May 22, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you

Run it in a DOS prompt. You cant be in windows and just click the exe file

example:
C:\Temp> splashpatch.exe R splash.nb splash2.nb

splashpatch.exe starts the app running
R tells it is for the Raphael
splash.nb is the name of the file you are trying to patch
splash2.nb is the name of the file you want to designate as the patched .nb file prior to running the NBHutil.

Hope that helps.

Hi P1Tater,

Thanks for your info.Yes i manage to patch it & now already flash my own splash. WOW.. thanks again for your fast reply.