• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
@ charmonix: how goes the battery hunt? Any new development for more precise battery meter? iirc thats what you were working on right?

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
My report:
Even being a known bug or problem, when i click the android in the wizard, it freezes. The screen dont respond anymore but the volume button works.

Hope its fixed soon.

GOod work guys!

f_mulder

Feb 16, 2008
Yes, he meant your post isn't lost... I can still see it too... Try to not spam the forum with double messages.

As for your questions: I also get a fsck every time I boot Android. I suppose it's normal. It's still working with no problems at all, just creating one more "fsck" file every time you boot android. This is more of an "esthetical" problem, than a functional one, I think. I wouldn't worry about your hardware too much.

Actually , I am not talking about these small files. These files were created when I used Donut. Now the fsck complains a lot more, and my Raph even gets stuck during boot. And no more these files anymore.
And one more thing. Once after running Donut , I had to run checkdisk on the card, so my card got wiped. I've got a lot of "Foundxxx.chk" files on it , instead of data...

In spam regard I can say that usually I am a polite forum user :) , but this thread is updated very fast, and people tend to read latest page , and not to look back, so I was afraid the message will get lost :).

Regards.

Last edited:

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
Actually , I am not talking about these small files. These files were created when I used Donut. Now the fsck complains a lot more, and my Raph even gets stuck during boot. And no more these files anymore.
And one more thing. Once after running Donut , I had to run checkdisk on the card, so my card got wiped. I've got a lot of "Foundxxx.chk" files on it , instead of data...

In spam regard I can say that usually I am a polite forum user :) , but this thread is updated very fast, and people tend to read latest page , and not to look back, so I was afraid the message will get lost :).

Regards.

I have never seen someone quote a post so that it does not get lost. :p
You're last sentence is quite true, but not all member skip. So please dont double post or quote a previous post :p

allthatinny

Oct 11, 2006
well i could say this, this release is far from being used as my main os, i left android running over on my phone on purpose to see how it affects my battery and got up with my phone completely dead, lol, mic dont work, txt dont work and while have it plug in and i was using it, the phone got extremely hot

i have a fuze btw

i have used previous ver of android and never bother with it cause they been very unstable, this one is very stable and usable but far from being a main OS unfortunately, i love the new features in this release, almost feel like i was on a andriod phone :p

also my keys are not mapped properly, instead mapped like a touch pro so yuh i guess its back to WinMo for me :(

oh and P.S. bluetooth still dont work for me :( wifi does though :)

Last edited:

sleepnow

Feb 12, 2004
well i could say this, this release is far from being used as my main os, i left android running over on my phone on purpose to see how it affects my battery and got up with my phone completely dead, lol, mic dont work, txt dont work and while have it plug in and i was using it, the phone got extremely hot

i have a fuze btw

i have used previous ver of android and never bother with it cause they been very unstable, this one is very stable and usable but far from being a main OS unfortunately, i love the new features in this release, almost feel like i was on a andriod phone :p

also my keys are not mapped properly, instead mapped like a touch pro so yuh i guess its back to WinMo for me :(

oh and P.S. bluetooth still dont work for me :( wifi does though :)

I don't get posts like this one from asshatinny. Guys, this is an ongoing project that isn't quite ready just yet to be used as a replacement for WM. If he read back a few pages there are fixes or workarounds for some of the things he mentioned.

I've been following and testing since late December, and its amazing how far the project has come in this time. It is my understanding that those working hard to make this possible have run into a few hurdles with regard to getting their hands on the closed source parts of the code that are(?) required to get some features working.

Hopefully they'll work their way though this and maybe one day we'll have a working android that we can flash on our phones. Until then, lets keep testing and posting _useful_ feedback, and donate!

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I still think allthatinny's post is more positive then just his remakrs of the known issues.

Earlier builds of half a year ago didn't even get my attention to try them on the device, with so much not working.

As far as i'm aware this is the most promising project so far and it's been fun just trying it on.

For the developers a question (as this is not my cup of tea), would it help if there was a Very clean rom with all the unneeded WinMo Services and Apps disabled or removed?
(Cooking Winmo is more my cup of tea and it would probably be easy to get a group together of senior Cooks to work on such a build)

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
My report:
Even being a known bug or problem, when i click the android in the wizard, it freezes. The screen dont respond anymore but the volume button works.

Hope its fixed soon.

GOod work guys!

Looking at your posts, i'm going to assume that you have a blackstone.
The startup from the 3.01 for the blackstone has wrong calibration values.
Try with msmts_calib=0x395.0x3c9.0x79.0x77
If you dont believe me click the upper right corner of the screen and the skip button will be clicked. :)
If you don't have a blackstone - ignore me.

Otherwise that build is great (aside from the mic thing).
If the "faint backlight on thing, while screen off" is fixed, it'll be a release candidate for a ROM :p (provided that you don't care for camera and gps like me).

blurp76

May 29, 2009
Im not sure if it's been noted before but on my DIAM100 with the last build that's been pulled, i can't seem to stop WiFi, sometimes the phone completely freeze, other times the disabling never ends and icon is greyed.

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
Im not sure if it's been noted before but on my DIAM100 with the last build that's been pulled, i can't seem to stop WiFi, sometimes the phone completely freeze, other times the disabling never ends and icon is greyed.

Since the build was pulled, its not up for support. Please dont ask any help for it :)

allthatinny

Oct 11, 2006
I don't get posts like this one from asshatinny. Guys, this is an ongoing project that isn't quite ready just yet to be used as a replacement for WM. If he read back a few pages there are fixes or workarounds for some of the things he mentioned.

I've been following and testing since late December, and its amazing how far the project has come in this time. It is my understanding that those working hard to make this possible have run into a few hurdles with regard to getting their hands on the closed source parts of the code that are(?) required to get some features working.

Hopefully they'll work their way though this and maybe one day we'll have a working android that we can flash on our phones. Until then, lets keep testing and posting _useful_ feedback, and donate!

wow dude really, u gonna insult me over voicing my opinion and reporting a some bugs i discover while using the OS, its ppl like u that "REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS" coming home from work and reading such a post when all i try to do is give a helping hand with my opinion which is what MOST betas of ANYTHING ask for, i mean thats the point of a beta right? i mean thats why they ask u to fill out surveys and report bugs, anyways thank you very much, u just completed my day

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
*subscribed to follow development*

damn this is goin fast.. cant wait to see the next release.. hopefully outgoing txt, accel./g-sensor, back speaker, volume rocker, the end key, the KB arrow keys mapped correctly, keys light up upon press, sleep, and etc. gets fixed. :cool:

Last edited:

vpgtd

Nov 21, 2008
waukesha
Why was the latest build pulled? I have it running on my att fuze with no problems other then stop errors when things dont respond. i have not tested everything on it yet but from what i have played around it seems to work really well.

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Why was the latest build pulled? I have it running on my att fuze with no problems other then stop errors when things dont respond. i have not tested everything on it yet but from what i have played around it seems to work really well.
read some ealier posts.. they said sumn about the mic not working with the new kernal, so they just pulled it until the mic gets back to workin again

vpgtd

Nov 21, 2008
waukesha
i did read that. I was thinking it wasnt a global thing since my mic works. and i am using the latest build from 1-3-10

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
i did read that. I was thinking it wasnt a global thing since my mic works. and i am using the latest build from 1-3-10
im using 1.3.10 now also and the mic works.. but they're referring to the 1.4.10 release.. did u read the title to this thread and read the first post? but since jan 4th has a new kernal, the mic wasn't working with it, so they juss pulled it until the mic is working with the new kernal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xdandroidsplash.png

CLICK HERE FOR THE XDANDROID 2.2 PROJECT

XDANDROID 2.1 AOSP

Welcome to the official XDANDROID thread which is dedicated to getting Android running on our beloved HTC devices.
    So far devices supported are raphael|fuze|diamond|blackstone|topaz|rhodium
    Over at the vogue forums, Zenulator has just released an updated version for Android. Codename Eclair, it brings Android to 2.0.1
    Since then it has been bumped up and based upon Manup456 port. Many thanks
    Stinebd has recently built an 2.1 AOSP build from source for those who want to use a clean 2.1 build. The current builds are based on the AOSP and we are waiting for 2.2 source :)
    Phhusson: has dedicated most of his time helping users and updating kernel to run Eclair and his work for other msm7k devices. However phhusson is not alone as there are also other members working on this. You can find some of them on http://www.htc-linux.org. I've listed some of the developers i know of that currently are working on and they deserve credits and thanks. We also have to note that before this work done there was quite a substantial number of people starting working on linux for our devices. Without them we may not be where we are today. So respect and credits to everyone involved in working on linux kernel for msm devices.
    I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. The build is relatively safe and shouldn't cause any problems.

Dedicated threads
    Dedicated threads for other devices running XDANDROID

xda-developers signatures

For everyone posting on this thread about problems and issues, I urge you to please specify you're device or more conveniently update you're signature in control panel so it always has the details at the bottom of your posts.

FAQ
    This has lots of Q&A and is recommended to go through before posting bugs and problems

Media Scanner fix
    For people who have problems with no having no ringtones, notification tones or general music problems look here:

Waiting for SDCard error
    For people who have problems with sdcard message, add this to your startup

• msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave

Overclocking Android on MSM7K

XDANDROID boot-Animation | Wallpaper contest

TheDeadCPU video for XDANDROID

Thanks to

phhusson, zenulator, Chamonix, Stinebd, Makkonen, MrPippy, cr2, Markinus, bzo, captainoord, glemsom, balsat and anyone else who contribued or who i forgot :p
    Thanks ben_duder for the awesome sig :p

Donations:
    Please consider a donation to the XDANDROID project. We work on this on our spare time, even not on our spare times :p and every little bit gives us more inspiration and motivation to continue providing you our friends awww* great builds and support :)

Thanks to from me and phhusson:

R^7Z | auss81 | Sergej Philipp | Malte Lewan | suksanto | Tyler Brixey | axelo | ElbertF
    w3bm4st3r | Kenny Maples | Daniel Krebs | Dan Colardeau | Ghostdogg | Gregory Thomas
    Vincent Paoli | nim_ayyan | mindfrost82 | Olivier van der Kruijf | Robert Russell
    Kamil Kowalski | Tobias Kästle | Scrog | Mehdi Bouzakri | Jay Onisch | Daren Scroggie
    Robert Batty | James Frank | Matthias Helfmann | colo-natas
    dcb.insomniacsoft.com | Alexis Perez | Ann Marie Steichmann | Cristian Pereyra
    Adam Williamson | Benedikt Wieloch | Brad Stage | Paolo Vernazza | CDK Hosting
    Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune | Haicheng Wang | Jonas Lejeune
    Adrian Kajda | Wilson Seto | Pedro Aragao | babijoee (yup, myself XD)

Well tried making a phone call first. Didn't work. Used your files in a few various combination's including all of them. No luck. I give up.:confused:

Thanks for your help.

Well, I use XDandroid as of the 1st of March, with these files on my RAPH100 and it works. Pretty strange it doesn't run on your system. :confused:
    I instal in HTC Diamont 100

Xand run ok wit button

but touch not run.

Uh... What? Sober up a little before you post :p
    Don`t close thread there is place to ask some questions . Like mine .
    When i launching haret.exe its just taking half mine screen onto black . I think problem on MTYPE , right? Where i can get MTYPE for mine GSmart S1205

Here is phone info:
    Code:
    ServiceEDGE, GPRS Class12, GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    Main Display3.2” WQVGA Touch Panel, 240x400 pixels
    Size110.6*55*13.1 mm
    Weight114.5g(with Battery)
    BatteryLi-Poly pack 1320 mAh
    Talk TimeUp to 4 hours
    StandbyUp to 150 hours
    Multimedia Messaging ServiceWindows Mobile Direct Push E-Mail, SMS, MMS, Windows Live Messenger
    CameraRear camera 3.0M CMOS with FF
    Music/VideoMPEG4, WMV7/8/9, H.264 D1
    Ringtone64 polyphonic, MP3, MP2, AAC, HE-AAC v1 & v2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MIDI, iMelody
    GPRS/WAPWAP 2.0
    External MemoryMicro SD (up to 16GB)
    CPUMT6516 at 416MHz
    ModemMediatek
    MemoryROM 256MB, RAM 128MB
    RadioFM Radio
    Voice commandsurpported
    Data TransferMicro USB, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
    Wi-FiWLAN 802.11b/g
    ApplicationSmart pack UI, FM Radio Player, My Phone, Marketplace
    Operating Sys.Windows Mobile 6.5
    GPSsurpported
    AudioMP3, MP2, AAC, HE-AAC v1 & v2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MIDI, iMelody

thats why i've opened up an Android Qs thread. Never heard of that device. Anyways its using a diff processor so i'm afraid we cant help you out.
    The devices supported are HTC msm7k devices
    I'm going to close this thread unless there is a huge demand that it is re-opened.