[ROM]Shipped rom Elfin 3.07.720.03 WWE + 3.07.707.02

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
It would perform identical to Shavez's Opal port, which I believe has not been well received on standard ELF units, thus the lite version.

As for Audio Booster. It works fine. It only works when a headset is plugged in. It's just a a software equalizer, which I generally don't like anyway.

I have also found a few things I don't like:
popup font too large (same as Shavez's Opal port)
System Status is annoying (don't really care for this feature)
Voice Commander has pros and cons (it's slow to start, but works without voice tags)
JBlend (no full screen Java like JBed)

I agree with you on ALL points.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
i think(and wish) onyx 4.0 is coming :rolleyes:

Bahahahah

Yes, this ROM has brought to my attention certain issues in my own ROM.

BTW, this Elfin ROM also fixed the Phone Canvas' phone vibration upon connect. None of the M2D Elf ROMs had this feature working. Which DLL/setting enables this????????

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
jus flashed to a friend's elfin (cos he wanted the HTC update)

the IPL and SPL are 3.07 (looking forward for htctouchp to come up with the patched version) :D

now uploading the extracted OEM

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
OOOO yess great ! We will be able to release the new oem packages for our elf /elfin !!!

:)

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
HTC turned off the clicking sound while scrolling in Random Access, which I kind of liked. (edit: I see now that this is 'Enable sound when finder scrolling and panning' in TouchFlo settings, it still works but disabled by default)

Slide to answer has been removed (just like in the official Opal build).

The vibrate on connect in the phone canvas is nice to have.

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
HTC turned off the clicking sound while scrolling in Random Access, which I kind of liked.

Slide to answer has been removed (just like in the official Opal build).

The vibrate on connect in the phone canvas is nice to have.

I think many people will prefer the slide to answer, however. Now you gotta press the hardware button.

Can you figure out how the vibrate feature works? I'm not home yet ;)

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
Performance is not bad. However, I have not added any apps yet. Plus memory usage after bootup (on Elfin) is 36%, which is not good.. especially when the PP is only 12MB. You should expect around 30%.

My Onyx uses 16MB and memory usage is about 32% after bootup.
when the device stabilizes the memory usage is 33%

jonbus

Feb 26, 2008
San José
LG G7 ThinQ
I extracted the OS and flashed it with patched SPL and IPL, and i feel it goes smooth...not as fast as Onyx or Tess or Shafez...but i can keep it...

I´ve been making registry basic tweaks (annoying security pop-ups, and so..)

Obviusly it has several things we dont like or need, but its a great notice that they (HTC) could have made an upgrade for our Elfins....

I cant get not less than 38% of free memory...

Sorry my bad english...

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
I think many people will prefer the slide to answer, however. Now you gotta press the hardware button.

Can you figure out how the vibrate feature works? I'm not home yet ;)

I prefer to use a soft button to answer, but I didn't particularly care for the slide to answer, so I will have to think of what I want to do.

As for the vibrate on answer feature, I didn't know it existed......

holy crap, but start menu just disappeared! I was testing my phone by calling it and after the phone canvas closed, my top bar also disappeared.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Some issues however:

- no slide to answer (issue at all?)
- voice commander sucks (your preference though; can be cooked out)
- activesync still there when you disconnect (fixed with Elias ASyncKiller)
- shows wrong provider for some SIMs - this bothers me
- connection setup database is old (can be fixed with new provision.zip)
- audio booster working
- big menu fonts (your preference; can be fixed)
- lots of memory usage (can be cooked out)
- no M2d sliding animation

Fixes:
- PIN code entry issue
- vibration on phone connection
- USB to PC popup works
- new XIP/SYS compared to earlier Opal builds

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
After soft reset and after TouchFlo launches, mine shows 38%, then 39%, then 40% and then after a few seconds 33% and then finally stops at 32%. It's been there now for 30 seconds.

Hmm.. maybe the problem was that I had CommMgr open and AudioManager open in the background. THey don't show up in the task list.

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
Some issues however:

- no slide to answer (issue at all?)
- voice commander sucks (your preference though; can be cooked out)
- activesync still there when you disconnect (fixed with Elias ASyncKiller)
- shows wrong provider for some SIMs - this bothers me
- connection setup database is old (can be fixed with new provision.zip)
- audio booster working
- big menu fonts (your preference; can be fixed)
- lots of memory usage (can be cooked out)
- no M2d sliding animation

Fixes:
- PIN code entry issue
- vibration on phone connection
- USB to PC popup works
- new XIP/SYS compared to earlier Opal builds

I believe the slide 2 answer and m2d sliding animation have been removed on purpose by HTC as seen in Opal and now this. Obviously, these can be fixed by replacing with older dlls and such.

There are a few things added for HTC use like GSMTestMode which have no value for us.

I'm happy, I have a nice clean OEM (not counting all of the extra packages) for cooking with the most up to date drivers for the ELF. =)

This release mostly negates the need for previous opal ports except for the tweaks that cooks have added and such.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I believe the slide 2 answer and m2d sliding animation have been removed on purpose by HTC as seen in Opal and now this. Obviously, these can be fixed by replacing with older dlls and such.

There are a few things added for HTC use like GSMTestMode which have no value for us.

I'm happy, I have a nice clean OEM (not counting all of the extra packages) for cooking with the most up to date drivers for the ELF. =)

This release mostly negates the need for previous opal ports except for the tweaks that cooks have added and such.

Yes, now time to work on Onyx 4.0. LOL

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
sliding animation :S

er...when i move my finger from left to right..the effect is an animation. its the same thing as in Opal

trueg

Feb 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
www.computerabuser.com
In earlier builds of Manila if you clicked (not dragged) to different tabs, it would automatically slide between the tabs. In Opal and in this build it immediately switches to the next tab. If you enable this feature, it looks cool, but when the unit is bogged down the animation gets very choppy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the RAM usages is 33% and this fella doesnt have the annoying ActiveSync connection startup problem :D