My 3G Speed increased from 300KBPS to 3MBPS with Radio Update!

Search This thread

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Firstly, it depends heavily on your dataplan, reception and area. Make sure your provider gives you more speed than you're getting, before flashing a new radio.

Secondly, this should be tested by various users in various areas, and you guess it, with various providers.

I'm in the Netherlands with stock Froyo, rooted though, and I'm getting about 740k down, 240k up and a ping of 100ms on the Telfort network, using stock froyo baseband radio. (4.06.00.12_7)

gsvnet

Aug 24, 2007
NY
I about broke my neck with this speed I got in downtown salt lake city. Normally it is less than 100, but today I tested at 500, then 1900 kbps, and now this. I'm stock everything.

the phone's hardware isn't even capable of reaching those speeds.

mobilespeedtest.com is very inaccurate.

you should try using speedtest.net's app instead

supertrac

Jun 4, 2008
BIG Texas
So logically this radio makes your speed 10x faster even if you're in the edge area? duh....that doesn't make sense. never. Your speed depends on your network not your radio.

steam23

Jun 21, 2010
Toronto
Anyone know if the Korean radio will work on the AT&T/Rogers phones? I'd experiment myself, but i know an improperly flashed radio can brick a phone**chicken**.

Also, am i the only one that whenever i read Korean Radio I'm hearing it to the tune of Mexican Radio (whoa oh whoa oh). Probably dating myself a bit there ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
It works fine. Been using mine on Rogers since the Korean fw was first posted.

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
i already get over 4mpbs tethering to my computer, will this be able to make me go faster? id love to have even faster internet than my dsl

steam23

Jun 21, 2010
Toronto
I just flashed it myself, so for any other ATT/Rogers folks out there +1 to it being safe.

I'm not getting any faster download speed on speedtest but i am seeing twice as fast for upload.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Bxrxyxaxn

Apr 1, 2010
Well it didn't really make sense to flash a new radio so I waited around...n it seems speedtest is messing with me here's a ss

T-Mobile USA
modaco r21 froyoo
No radio flashed

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 246

defroster

Sep 11, 2003
Why-o-why hasn't the OP or someone else simply switched back to their old radio to see if the speed increase was due to radio stack or HSPDA tower activation???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Btw. I switched back to the older froyo radio because of the increased battery drain. Also, this radio has since been included in the Froyo updates for all other N1s than the ones bought from Google, not just Korea.
    My stock non-rooted N1 updated through OTA has this: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7, which seems "lower version" than the Korea's radio.