[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP 2.2.2.1 for Acer Iconia Tab A100

Search This thread

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
TWRP 2.6.1.0 now out for our A100.

Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

TWRP Windows Installer 2.6.1.0 - http://d-h.st/Rfm

TWRP Linux Installer 2.6.1.0 - http://d-h.st/Wj1

TWRP 2.6.1.0 Image File - http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/a100/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-a100.img

Chortles

Jan 15, 2011
This one's a troubleshooting question, but

I had CarbonROM Linaro brick on me, but in 2.6.0.0 the SDcard and internal storage are both showing as 0 MB, so I can't even select them for the purposes of mounting to a desktop (i.e. to flash a new ROM) and it freezes when I try to go to bootloader, with a message of no OS installed...

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I had CarbonROM Linaro brick on me, but in 2.6.0.0 the SDcard and internal storage are both showing as 0 MB, so I can't even select them for the purposes of mounting to a desktop (i.e. to flash a new ROM) and it freezes when I try to go to bootloader, with a message of no OS installed...

Get this right, carbon didn't brick you. Acer did.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon

nkb88

Jan 3, 2012
Problem with Backup

Hi guys

Installed TWRP recovery and everything seems fine so fan, except one thing:

When i do a backup, it saves it in "Computer\Acer Iconia Tab A100\Internal Memory\TWRP\BACKUPS\0000000000000000\**backup 01.02.2000**", like it should, just a normal NANDROID backup.

But then, when i browse the root of the internal SDcard, it makes a folder "0" with the whole contents of the backup, i just made.

So isnt everything now backed up two times? I'm a bit confused :silly:

Thanks for your help guys! :good:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Hi guys

Installed TWRP recovery and everything seems fine so fan, except one thing:

When i do a backup, it saves it in "Computer\Acer Iconia Tab A100\Internal Memory\TWRP\BACKUPS\0000000000000000\**backup 01.02.2000**", like it should, just a normal NANDROID backup.

But then, when i browse the root of the internal SDcard, it makes a folder "0" with the whole contents of the backup, i just made.

So isnt everything now backed up two times? I'm a bit confused :silly:

Thanks for your help guys! :good:

I take it from that path you're on a 4.2 or 4.3 ROM and browsing from your PC. In that case, its normal, the mounts changed in 4.2 for multi user, its just "showing" the same path on the PC, its still going where it needs to which is now that /0 directory.

It maps to the new directory so its fine. If you notice the path on the PC isn't actually correct anyways, it just shows from what it considers the root of the SD card as internal storage to the PC, where that actually is on the device is whatever the device considers it to be, be it data/media like before or /0 in 4.2/4.3.

That /0 changes if more users are added, so another user you may see /0 and /10 and another user adds /20 and so on.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA

tejaswis

Dec 10, 2009
My Acer Iconia A100 stuck at boot screen :(

Request you to kindly help me in getting back my Iconia A100 Tablet.:(

All of a sudden, the tablet is not booting up. I tried entering the recovery mode. But unable to select any of the options available.

The flash drive in the above link is not available.
It will be helpful if you can provide me with the flash drive OR address my issue if it has to dealt with in another way.

Thanks,
Tejaswi

Donation will be done for sure once my tablet resumes normal activity.

Hey everyone I greatly apologize for not getting the installers updated to 2.6.3.0. Here you go folks. Also now being hosted on Android File Host therefore it should be a bit smoother and easier to download compared to Dev-Host.

TWRP 2.6.3.0 Windows Installer

TWRP 2.6.3.0 Linux Installer

TWRP 2.6.3.0 Image File

and here is a Flashable.zip
The file is named MY but the work and credit is all yours as well as linuxsociety's
I just made it easy for upgrade and I can't even take credit total credit for that as I used linuxsociety's 2.2.2.1upgrade.zip for the packaging
So Save your thanks for the deserving parties

Attachments

• MY_a100_twrp_2.6.3.0.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Thank you so much for this. :D

Like I said The work Was all Yours

Can You build from the latest source as I was reading in the Kit-Kat dev thread Here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47674633#post47674633
and they need the latest build to be compatible with KIT-KAT to be able to proceed farther into the building of KIT-KAT and Your TWRP as of now is the latest I know of

So anyway If you are skilled in Recovery building as you clearly are you might want to hop over and give them a push

And Realy THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:
TWRP Windows Installer 2.6.0.0 - http://d-h.st/oui

TWRP Linux Installer 2.6.0.0 - http://d-h.st/hRX

TWRP 2.6.0.0 IMG file - http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/a100/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-a100.img

I don't have Linux on my current system so I can't test the Linux installer. The Windows Installer worked perfectly on my end here running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Everything from ROM install, wiping, backup, etc works on 2.6.0.0 on my A100 as well. I do get the "fix root" prompt after installing CYANOSAKI_FLEX_V2.0 but other then that it works as expected.

Change Log info - http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

Thanks to linuxsociety and everyone else for keeping the dev work going on the A100. This is my small way of helping out so I hope others find this useful. :)

Flashable TWRP_.zip's all of the following .zip's contain a /system folder with a build.prop file that I am not sure is necessary but it makes no changes to the actual build.prop file when flashed so I just left it alone
perhaps "linuxsociety / GodMachine" can give us a definitive answer all thanks go to him as well as AngryManMLS Who seems to be the one continuing the TWRP builds for us.

I just wish I could give back as much as I take away from XDA and its DEV's

Attachments

• MY_a100_twrp_2.6.0.0.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 153
  • MY_a100_twrp_2.6.1.0.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 53
  • MY_a100_twrp_2.6.3.0.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 156
  • My_a100_twrp_2.2.2.1.zip
    5 MB · Views: 47
  • MY_a100_twrp_2.4.4.0.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Like I said The work Was all Yours

Can You build from the latest source as I was reading in the Kit-Kat dev thread Here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47674633#post47674633
and they need the latest build to be compatible with KIT-KAT to be able to proceed farther into the building of KIT-KAT and Your TWRP as of now is the latest I know of

So anyway If you are skilled in Recovery building as you clearly are you might want to hop over and give them a push

And Realy THANK YOU!!!

Unfortunately the only thing I did on my end was taking the existing TWRP builds that have been uploaded on GOO.IM and put them into the existing Windows and Linux installers. So at this point all we can do is wait for TWRP to get fixes implemented for Kit Kat 4.4 which I'm assuming will happen sooner or later. Nothing I can really do on this issue at this point. I don't even own an A100 any more as well.

Unfortunately the only thing I did on my end was taking the existing TWRP builds that have been uploaded on GOO.IM and put them into the existing Windows and Linux installers. So at this point all we can do is wait for TWRP to get fixes implemented for Kit Kat 4.4 which I'm assuming will happen sooner or later. Nothing I can really do on this issue at this point. I don't even own an A100 any more as well.

Ok well thanks a million anyway because I cant get anything to show up on GooManager other than 2.3.1.0 and the version of it I finaly got to download wouldnt install so I've literly been using 2.2.2.1 until I found your post tonight

So again Many Thanks.

Here are the TWRP Windows installers Updated with most recent available TWRP recovery.img's
Again this is linuxsociety / godmachine81's windows installer repackaged with the new img's
so any thanks should go to him!

Attachments

• acer-A100-TWRP-Installer-Windows-2.6.3.0.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 3,142
  • acer-A100-TWRP-Installer-Windows-2.6.1.0.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 168
  • acer-A100-TWRP-Installer-Windows-2.6.0.0.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 83
  • acer-A100-TWRP-Installer-Windows-2.4.4.0.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Btrusa

Nov 26, 2015
Spokane
Image links broken

Hi, I tried downloading the images but it just kept loading and loading. I also tried pinging the site that is hosting the files, and it timed out. Would you mind reposting the files?

jpzli

Mar 12, 2017
[Unofficial][Recovery] TWRP 3.0.1 Update

Here is an unofficial updated version of TWRP recovery for the A100. Just download the zip file and flash it in your current recovery.

Attachments

• TWRP3.0.1.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 150

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
Its been a few years since I did this work, so the original links may very well be broken I submitted my work to open recovery/twrp and it was approved to become official, so after that TWRP should have the a100 support built by them. I will try to confirm this if need be. I'll update OP with new links for new versions.

Thanks guys and sorry I've not been around for Iconia work for a few years, I don't even remember what I did with that device so I can't test anything but all of my stuff back then was pretty well tested, I don't really see what benefit you'd have by using a newer TWRP but if you need latest and greatest then so be it :)

naeem046

Mar 18, 2023
onlinebillcheck.pk
While TWRP 2.2.2.1 can be a useful tool for rooting and customizing your Acer Iconia Tab A100, it's important to note that it is an older version of TWRP and may not be fully compatible with the latest Android operating systems. Additionally, installing custom software can potentially void your device's warranty and may introduce security risks. It's important to proceed with caution and thoroughly research any modifications before proceeding. That being said, if you're an experienced Android user and know what you're doing, TWRP 2.2.2.1 can still be a viable option for customizing your device.

narokochi

Jan 26, 2024
While TWRP 2.2.2.1 presents itself as a handy tool for rooting and personalizing your Acer Iconia Tab A100, it's crucial to acknowledge that this version is outdated and might not offer full compatibility with the latest Android operating systems. Moreover, the installation of custom software carries inherent risks, including the potential voiding of your device's warranty and exposure to security vulnerabilities. A cautious approach is advised, urging users to conduct thorough research on any modifications before proceeding. Nevertheless, for adept Android enthusiasts who possess a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies involved, TWRP 2.2.2.1 remains a viable option for those seeking to customize their devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teamwin Recovery Project for A100 version 2.2.2.1​
    -godmachine81 release-

SOURCES: Available via Github

Download and Install via the official supported method by TWRP

Install Goo Manager app from Play Store, Open Goo Manager, In the Menu in top right corner go to "Install OpenRecovery Script" Follow Instructions On screen :D

Download Automated Installer (Windows / Linux):
    Linux Installer - 2.2.2.1
    Windows Installer - 2.2.2.1

Download IMG:
    TWRP v2.2.2.1 main mirror

Download Flashable Zip: (Upgrade Only)
    TWRP 2.2.2.1 Flashable Upgrade

Updated TWRP release features:
    • Uses a custom recovery kernel based off of my v1.5 standard kernel with most unneeded features taken out, i.e. governors, schedulers, networking, misc devices, and most things not needed for recovery operations
    • Kernel and TWRP includes patches aimed at brick prevention
    • Resolution is set at native 1024x600
    • Very fast actions and touch response
    • Backward compatibility with previous releases of TWRP
    • Compatibility with all Ice Cream Sandwhich and Jelly Bean ROMs for the A100(HoneyComb should be compatible too, however currently untested)
    • All previous features from TWRP that you may be familiar with are included

Mount Point Information:
    • External Storage - mountpoint= /external_sdcard
    • Internal Storage - mountpoint = /sdcard

Instructions:

Automated Installation (Windows/Linux):
    • Most importantly you need to have all drivers required for adb and fastboot working on your OS, this shouldn't be a concern for linux users, however it may be for Windows users as it is picky about adb drivers.
    • Download the above Automated Install .zip file for your operating system
    • Extract the contents of the Zip to a location on your PC's hard drive
    • Change to the extracted directory's contents.
    • Run the installer; On windows you may just double click the install-windows.bat file, on linux you need to run the install-linux.sh script
      example linux installation commands:
      Code:
      cd a100_twrp_installer_linux
      Code:
       bash ./install-linux.sh
    • Read the on screen information of the progress. If you get any errors you will need to resolve the issue or try one of the following alternative install methods.
    • If you need more detailed installation instructions please read the INSTALL file included inside the .zip

Manual installation:

1. Download the .img file for the recovery
    2. Connect your A100 device to USB on your PC
    3. While your A100 is booted in either Android or Recovery just enter the following into your PCs command prompt/shell:
      Code:
       adb reboot bootloader
    4. Now flash the image - at the command prompt/shell enter:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-a100.img
    5. Reboot the device - again from the command prompt/shell:
      Code:
       fastboot reboot
    6. Enter Recovery mode - While tablet shuts off, hold the Vol - (down) button until you see the screen saying "loading recovery kernel"
    7. Checkout the new TWRP build and enjoy!

Flashable Upgrade Instructions: (flash just like you would any other .zip, but here are instructions anyway)

• Download the Flashable ZIP above
    • Save to a location on your tablets internal or external memory
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose the file a100_twrp_upgrade_2.2.2.1.zip in the install menu
    • Swipe to install
    • Wait and DO NOT Disconnect your A100!
    • When finished, go back to Main menu - choose Reboot - and Reboot Recovery
    • Enjoy the Official 2.2.2.1 TWRP Release!

If you would like to help out with the continuance of my kernel development and other goodies for your Acer Iconia Tab please consider a small donation to help out with bills, baby formula, wipes, diapers, etc. All donations are very appreciated by my family and I! Thanks :D

TWRP Windows Installer 2.6.0.0 - http://d-h.st/oui

TWRP Linux Installer 2.6.0.0 - http://d-h.st/hRX

TWRP 2.6.0.0 IMG file - http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/a100/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.0-a100.img

I don't have Linux on my current system so I can't test the Linux installer. The Windows Installer worked perfectly on my end here running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Everything from ROM install, wiping, backup, etc works on 2.6.0.0 on my A100 as well. I do get the "fix root" prompt after installing CYANOSAKI_FLEX_V2.0 but other then that it works as expected.

Change Log info - http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

Thanks to linuxsociety and everyone else for keeping the dev work going on the A100. This is my small way of helping out so I hope others find this useful. :)
    .....I was gonna mention some things about your brick stuff, but I think I'll save it for off forum.

On topic: its about time we twrp users got some loving, thanks for taking the time to put this together for us!

Tapatalked from my A100 - Jellytime X B6
    TWRP 2.6.1.0 now out for our A100.

Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

TWRP Windows Installer 2.6.1.0 - http://d-h.st/Rfm

TWRP Linux Installer 2.6.1.0 - http://d-h.st/Wj1

TWRP 2.6.1.0 Image File - http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/a100/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.1.0-a100.img
    Zip isn't there anymore

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

The link in the op is broken it seems. Use this one http://goo.im/devs/godmachine81/a100_recovery/