FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Are you still using the screen protector from the box?

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By EdenGottlieb, Senior Member on 29th December 2013, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I still haven't removed the screen protector that my G Pad came with.
It is very good and although I have bubbles at the top I have no bubbles on the screen.
The only one annoyance: the "Quick removal" tab keeps making me lift the Screen protector allowing dust in. It will probably become unbearable in a week or so...
29th December 2013, 09:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Cut off the tab, that's what I did. Waiting for some protectors to show up on eBay before removal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th December 2013, 10:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglingandroid

Cut off the tab, that's what I did. Waiting for some protectors to show up on eBay before removal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tried it, only managed to cut some of it
29th December 2013, 10:11 PM |#4  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Yup cut the tab off too
Though in my defence I have ordered the 3M shield from Amazon, but it's a bit pricey.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th December 2013, 10:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I used it until my screen protectors came in from Amazon. I cut the little tab all the way off.
30th December 2013, 12:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stujoe

I used it until my screen protectors came in from Amazon. I cut the little tab all the way off.

will the screen scratch fastly without the screen protector?
The Following User Says Thank You to dimi_dimi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dimi_dimi Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 12:50 AM |#7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I removed the screen protector from the first day. Touching and swiping is like 100 times better without it. The glass is very strong and you cant scratch it unless you rub a key uppon the screen. Only drawback is that fingerprints stay on the screen and you have to clean it quite often but you could use a stylus for tablets and it will stay always clean.
30th December 2013, 11:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Removed the screen protection first day just as katsika, just using it at home but it has a tough screen BUT fingerprints is really showing easy on the screen.

Just as a comp. not using any screen protection on my Samsung S3 either and working in a tough environment, not a single scratch. I think most of today screens are used to take some beating.
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepingBear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SleepingBear Ad-Free
31st December 2013, 08:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Much like jugglingandroid, I just snipped the tab for now until I get round to ordering some new ones.

Having said that, I'm intending on getting a flip case, so may not need one at all should I get one of them.
31st December 2013, 01:39 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi_dimi

will the screen scratch fastly without the screen protector?

Probably not. Some people don't use them at all. I have just always used screen protectors on touch screen devices. A habit, really, just as I have always used covers for the devices whereas some people use none at all.
1st January 2014, 02:20 AM |#11  
Flag NEW ROMULUS
Thanks Meter: 712

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

I still haven't removed the screen protector that my G Pad came with.
The only one annoyance: the "Quick removal" tab keeps making me lift the Screen protector allowing dust in. It will probably become unbearable in a week or so...

My 2 pennies worth of advice is Leave It On..
It's the best *Free* screen protector you'll ever find. mine is bubble free and like others have mentioned just get some good sharp scissors and trim the pull tab off. I have a new protector that came with a case that I ordered but, this protector barely shows fingerprints at all (unless you have oily hands) and it cleans up with just a wipe of a cloth. I see no reason to waste it or risk bubbles installing a new one when the original works to perfection with or without a stylus.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)