I9000XXJPK Discussion for CAPPY users

Search This thread

Zilch25

Jul 28, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
So far not bad. Im having trouble getting the modem to work right (stuck on 1900mhz even with ugjh2). GPS on the way home in a torrential downpour was almost spot on though... But we all know how "fixed gps" goes

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Zilch25

Jul 28, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
So Zilch, are we gettin any closer to a Froyo build that's up to your standards?

The last couple before this one have performed pretty well speed wise, this one is right in line with those. I'm going to spend a bit more time playing with this one though, especially to make sure the GPS improvements I saw aren't fleeting as they usually are.

I really wish there was a way to unsuck the orientation and keys though ugh.

KCutrer1

Sep 5, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
The last couple before this one have performed pretty well speed wise, this one is right in line with those. I'm going to spend a bit more time playing with this one though, especially to make sure the GPS improvements I saw aren't fleeting as they usually are.

Haha yeah, hardware differentiation making it harder for us! Well once you get those checked out I might consider flashing it. Won't do it right away, because I'm still a little shaken after that whole JPC fiasco lol

irtehun

May 31, 2010

Go into settings display and recalibrate. Hold the phone in landscape. Fixed it for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I figured as much, just making sure. I've already got a former ipod headphone jack cut to fit for it. I'm going to give it a whirl. I already change ROM's daily anyway.

Zilch25

Jul 28, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I figured as much, just making sure. I've already got a former ipod headphone jack cut to fit for it. I'm going to give it a whirl. I already change ROM's daily anyway.

If you do, make sure you test out the GPS, I want to see if other people are getting good results with it as well. I'm trying to verify this isn't a fluke!

Also if after flashing this in with the UGJH2 modem you have terrible signal or unrecognized baseband issues, put the phone in debug mode and use adb

Code:
adb shell
 am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig

Then check out your phone screen, select XEU and the phone will reboot... In my case it screwed up my modem so I had to reflash the modem itself (I used the pit, but you might not need to), and when the phone came up I had HSUPA 850/1900 as I should have

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
If you do, make sure you test out the GPS, I want to see if other people are getting good results with it as well. I'm trying to verify this isn't a fluke!

Also if after flashing this in with the UGJH2 modem you have terrible signal or unrecognized baseband issues, put the phone in debug mode and use adb

Code:
adb shell
 am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig

Then check out your phone screen, select XEU and the phone will reboot... In my case it screwed up my modem so I had to reflash the modem itself (I used the pit, but you might not need to), and when the phone came up I had HSUPA 850/1900 as I should have

I saw that in the i9000 thread. I'll give the modem a whirl first without the .pit, see what happens.

irtehun

May 31, 2010

Code:
adb shell

Did recalibrate help u out? Also I'm on the JH7 ota design posted? Is it worth me even trying?

Zilch25

Jul 28, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Did recalibrate help u out? Also I'm on the JH7 ota design posted? Is it worth me even trying?

Recalibrate did something, but its still jacked... i didnt want to try different angles all night to get it going right lol, so I just toggled it off.

Up to you if you want to try it though, Im definitely going to give this some trial runs, the GPS was that compelling

irtehun

May 31, 2010
Recalibrate did something, but its still jacked... i didnt want to try different angles all night to get it going right lol, so I just toggled it off.

Up to you if you want to try it though, Im definitely going to give this some trial runs, the GPS was that compelling

I dunno. Can't decide just got everything set back up

irtehun

May 31, 2010

Are the notifications still always playing until u drag notification bar down?