ViPER4Android FX (V4A) Audio Effects

Search This thread

richardlibeau

Feb 19, 2012
Albemarle, NC
Found this on this thread below and I have to say after trying every music mod out there that this is one step ahead of everybody else. Check it out here. I have been listening to it for half a day now and it's amazing. It has so many sound options that it takes awhile to figure them out. But if you are a music freak like me once you listen to it you will say it's definitely worth the time to figure it all out. After checking the thread out if anybody is confused about how to install the apk's and files I will explain it the easiest way can for you. Thanks and enjoy!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Open zip below and follow these instructions- All Credit Goes To zhuhang

Default F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions (Up to date)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 5/8/2013
Since Android 4.1, Google started to close down Android whole system audio effect.
"The main reason is there's many problem we can't fix, therefore we can only apologize to audio effect developers. In future, it will be fixed and whole system audio effect will be back." - GOOGLE
Therefore in certain players certain roms, V4A will not work.

- Will it work on my device?
A: V4A works on almost every ROOTED android devices. Refer requirements in OP.

- How to install?
A: Using the In-App installation, make sure you have busybox installed, first-run the app and follow through the installation dialogues.

- Which to install? FX or XHiFi or Both?
A: FX has many audio effects, where as XHiFi restores audio quality. If you like many effects(reverb, bass, surround) then choose FX, if you like clear audio/vocal and you have a good headset, choose XHiFi. You can also install both, more CPU usage, that's all.

- Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi always FC?
A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation. This is due to driver not installed properly.

- Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi creates unexpected effects and different from other users?
A: Clear ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi data. If persist, disable third-party sound mods such as Noozxoide, Bass Booster etc)

- Third-party players such as Poweramp and TTPOD no effect?
A: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. (Driver status will show processing=No, but its working.)

- ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi doesnt run after bootup?
A: Check anti-virus or startup manager app whether V4A was disabled in startup list.

- V4A FX/XHiFi effect gone after using data-killer?
A: Please add ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi to data-killer app white list or exception.

- V4A FX/XHiFi effects suddenly disappeared?
A: Android system kills certain processes due to memory limits. Install V4A app as system app (Put in /system/app/ and restart)

- Why there is background noise when using V4A effects?
A: This is Android's musicFX bug, this will happen on all other sound mods.
Suggestion: Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libbundlewrapper.so

- V4A XHiFi effects gone after reaching certain volume? (~70%)
A: This is due to Sony Xperia hearing protection library. Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libhearingprotection.so

- How to use FIR-Equalizer?
A: See "How to use FIR-Equalizer" guide in XDA Original post.

- Why there's no change in sound quality after installing V4A?
A1: Choose V4A in Sound Settings > Music Effects. (Driver status will show processing=Yes)
A2: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. (Driver status will show processing=No, but its working.)

- Why volume reduces after 10 seconds?
A: This is not caused by V4A. Most probably you installed a bad and faulty xLOUD, ClearPhase or S-Force Front Surround port.

- Why music spoilt after display off?
A: This is due to CPU speed too low when screen if off. Make sure you are not using some battery saving CPU governor (such as smartass) or created own CPU profile.
Switch CPU governor to ondemand or interactive, to increase CPU speed.

- Can I still install V4A if I already using other sound mods?
A: Yes, after installation, open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode.

- Why phone auto-reboot after I plugin headset? Normally for HTC phones.
A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation.

- In-call volume reduced?
A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation. If persist, its caused by other sound mod because V4A will not affect call volume.

- What if my phone/tablet cannot detect headset plugin?
A: In ViPER4Android app press menu, choose lock effect mode and choose headset, then adjust settings.

- I dont know my phone is which CPU type?
A:
Qualcomm CPU, freq higher than 800MHz, choose ARMV5TE, freq higher than 800MHz(including dual/quad core)choose A8.
Samsung CPU, single core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.
Huawei HiSilicon CPU, single-core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.
Other CPU, single-core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.

- Driver status shows version 0.0.0.0 even after rebooting?
A: Due to wrong driver used, try lower level drivers. Eg: A9 change to A8; A8 change to Tegra2.

- Driver status shows "Enabled: No, Processing: No", but i already turn on effects and playing music?
A:In FX Compatible Mode, driver status will always show No, but its working.
In Normal Mode, its due to reason at the starting of this post.

- Why no effect in MIUI player?
A: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. or Turn off MIUI default equalizer.

- Im using Meizu, Flyme system, why effect gone after i display lyrics?
A: Flyme modified Android's Audio principle, so lyrics will be treated as music effect by the music player, so V4A cant be used.

- V4A effects will spoil internal speaker/headset?
A: Firstly, there's an audiophile limit in your phone, even if you max every single settings in V4A, u will never achive that limit.
If the limit is achieved, your ears will blown off before the headset.
If your earphone is not used to high volume/bass, with long period of high volume/bass will cause your headset to spoil (without V4A it will also spoil)
For speaker, if a new phone straight away max the volume, within few days there will be distortion. Start off with 50~70% volume and after some time only max the volume.

About compatibility problem:
With the NEW In-App Installation, V4A will be installed into your system without problem. All system-provided sound effects will not be removed or overwritten.

V4A Audio E

Default FX & XHiFi Settings Explained & Recommended Value

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The latest version: FX v2.2.0.7, XHiFi v2.1.0.0

[FX Settings]
V4A FX version mainly for rendering audio effects, by controlling various parameters to achieve the purpose of audio effect adjustment.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A headset sound effects, also known as main switch.

2. Playback Gain Control. It is mainly used to dynamically control the audio volume, to amplify or to attenuate.
(1) Enable checkbox. Whether the effect is enabled.
(2) Select Effect Strength. Effect Strength is the speed of amplification or attenuation, the stronger the faster the speed and the higher the final volume, the weaker the slower the speed, the closer to the original volume. Recommended medium.
(3) Max Gain. When the volume of the note is too small, in order to uplevel the sound, there may be very large magnification. The higher the value, the louder the volume. But too large will also amplify the noise within the song. Recommended 4 times.
(4) Max Output. This value defines the maximum volume of the PlaybackAGC sound in decibel value, the greater the value the greater the volume, 0 db is the maximum. In order to make the sound softer recommended -1.9 dB.

3. FIR Equalizer. 511-order 10 bands FIR linear equalizer.
(2) Select Preset. Here you can select default equalizer presets. When choosing custom, it will follow the user-defined lines drawn.
(3) Linear Equalizer graphic. Will pop up when you touch the graphic equalizer, you can manually adjust the levels of amplification and attenuation of the 10 bands.

4. Convolver
When an impulse response(IR) sample is loaded, music will show the same characteristics of the loaded sample, for example equalizer, surround, reverberation, tube etc.
Make sure SD Card has /ViPER4Android/Kernel/ folder, IR samples will be located there. If folder not exists, you can download latest V4A FX and extract SDCard_V4A.zip.
(2) Impulse Response. Here you can select and load IR Samples inside /ViPER4Android/Kernel/ folder.

5. Field Surround. It is mainly used to create sound field surround effects. The sound field can be understood as mono field or stereo field.
(2) Select Field Surround Strength. This value defines the strength of the field surround effects. The stronger, the stereo effect will be more obvious, the sound will come from left and right sides. Recommended medium.
(3) Select Mid Image Strength. This value defines the central vocal intensity. More strongman sound more clear, the weaker the more ethereal sound.

6. Reverberation. It uses mathematical methods to simulate the environmental feeling sensation. Example a song can be felt playing inside the auditorium, living room, bathroom, and so on.
(2) Room Size. This value defines the virtual environment area size. The larger the value, the sound is wider and more echoes.
(3) Sound Field. This value defines the width of the room above, in meters. Assumed that the above room size is 100 square meters, here to set a width of 14 meters, then the length of the room will be 7.14 m.
Therefore, the room size and width defines the aspect ratio of the virtual environment.
The larger the value, the sound coming from both sides will felt more obvious.
(4) Damping Factor. This value defines the humidity of air in the above virtual environment, the moisture vapor in the air will easily absorb the echoes.
So the bigger this value, the less echoes heard.
(5) Wet Signal. This value defines the volume of the simulated environment effect.
(6) Dry Signal. This value defines the volume of the original sound.

For environments with low air humidity such as living room, auditorium and other indoor environment, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​from 0 to 20, the reverb signal values ​​20 to 50, the proportion of the original signal to take value of about 50.
For environments with high air humidity such as bathroom and other indoor environment that contains a lot of moisture, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​of 50 to 100, the reverb signal values ​​40 to 80, the proportion of the original signal value of about 50.

7. Dynamic System. It handles the dynamic range of the sound. In other words the bass, treble, and limiting.
(2) Select Listening Device. This value defines the headset type connected to the audio jack. If you cannot get the right device for good bass tone, then select Common earphone. Common earphone is a common choice. Recommend Common earphone.
(3) Select Dynamic Bass. This value defines the average dynamic bass, the greater the stronger bass. Recommend 33%.
(4) Tube Simulator(6N1J). This option defines whether to enable tube simulator effect. V4A tube simulator uses a simplified mathematical simulation of tube effect.
If turned on, will greatly reduce high-frequency odd harmonic distortions, while increases even-order harmonic distortions of tube simulator.

8. Master Gate(Limiter). This option is V4A output limiter, its used to prevent overloud clipping distortion.
(1) Ouput Gain. This value defines the main output volume. Its something like a volume control.
(2) Limit Threshold. This value defines the limits of waveform amplitude by the limitor, 0 dB is the maximum value.
The smaller the value, the easier to experience audio frequency compression(the smaller the volume), will lose sound details, but can effectively control the final output volume. Recommend 0 db.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A speaker sound effects, also known as main switch

2. FIR Equalizer. Same as headset equalizer.

3. Convolver. Same as headset convolver.

4. Reverberation. Same as headset reverberation

5. Extra Loud. eXtra-Loud further amplifies the sound, but is controlled to protect the speaker, will not overload.
(2) Select Effect Strength. Effect Strength is the speed of amplification or attenuation, the stronger the faster the speed and the higher the final volume, the weaker the slower the speed, the closer to the original volume. Recommended medium.
(3) Max Gain. When the volume of the note is too small, in order to uplevel the sound, there may be very large magnification. The higher the value, the louder the volume. Recommend infinity.
(4) Max Output. This value defines the maximum volume of the EL sound in decibel value, the greater the value the greater the volume, 0 db is the maximum. Recommend 0db.

6. Master Gate(Limiter). Same as headset limiter.

V4A XHiFi version mainly for restoring audio quality and details.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A headset/bluetooth sound effects, also known as main switch.

2. Playback Gain Control. Same as FX version's PlaybackAGC.

3. FIR Equalizer. 2047-order 10 bands, quality much better than FX version. Method of adjusting same as FX version.

4. Audio Reconstruction. It is XHiFi's core feature, it does the detailing and treble restoring for lossy mp3 audio files. (Currently in adjustment phase, different device may have different experience.)
(2) Hi Clarity. This value defines the detailing and treble restoration percentage, the larger the value, the more details of the sound and stronger treble.
For low-end/common earphones, this is not recommended as you may experience high frequency shrills.
For better earphones such as Monster,Philips,Zombie,Sennheiser, recommended value = 30 ~ 50.
For high-end headphones, value depands on headphone cable length. Start with value = 40, value +10 for every 80cm cable length.
For preamp/amp connect to phone. Start with value = 60, value +10 for every 80cm cable length.
For tube amplifier, directly use value = 100.
(3) Lo Contour. The value defines the percentage of bass contour reconstruction over total band. The larger the value, the stronger the bass, but midrange and details will slightly lost.
For earphones recommend value = 50 ~ 70.
For headphones recommend value = 20 ~ 30.

5. Master Gate(Limiter). This option is V4A output limiter, its used to prevent overloud clipping distortion.
(1) Ouput Gain. This value defines the main output volume. Its something like a volume control.
(2) Limit Threshold. This value defines the limits of waveform amplitude by the limitor, 0 dB is the maximum value.
The smaller the value, the easier to experience audio frequency compression(the smaller the volume), will lose sound details, but can effectively control the final output volume. Recommend 0 db.

Default FIR Equalizer Guide

So how do we adjust the FIR Equalizer?

Before this, V4A use IIR Equalizer, you have to know how much to adjust for each frequency band. But now using FIR Equalizer, you just have to know which frequency band to adjust.
So, determine your desired frequency band and move the adjustment bar to maximum or minimum.

Don't believe me? Try move all frequency bands to maximum and you will notice the high,medium and low frequency sounds strengthen, not just the volume being amplified.
That is the magic of the FIR Equalizer!

Due to FIR equalizer's innate qualities, there's no need of auto level control or gain compensation.

Of course, in V4A future updates, creator will extend the maximum gain value beyond +9 so that the maximum gain effect will be clearer and more obvious.

OP Updated: 5/18/13 12:00 pm

Latest version change log:
FX version: v2.2.0.7
1.New optimized driver for Non-VFP, VFP, NEON_A8 and NEON_A9/15 chip.
2.Fix driver failure at PXA920 and some chip without VFP.
3.Tweak the parameters for field surround.
4.Add auditory system protection (Cure Tech+).

XHiFi version: v2.1.0.0
1.Compatible with PXA920 chip (Tegra2 driver).
2.Fix a treble boost bug.
3.Tweak parameters of audio reconstruct.
Changed Driver List (Check for correct selection):
NEW FX 2207
ZTE U880 or same CPU(PXA920), choose "PXA920 without VFP" (Convolver disabled)
Tegra2 or any CPU with freq equal/less than 800MHz, choose "ARM with VPF"
Qualcomm of freq higher than 800MHz - single core, choose "A8 with NEON"
ALL other Dual-core,Quad-core,Octa-core, choose "A9/15 with NEON"

NEW XHIFI 2100
Tegra2, choose "NVIDIA Tegra2"
ALL others, choose "CortexAx with NEON"

Attachments

• Viper4Android.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,452
Last edited:

richardlibeau

Feb 19, 2012
Albemarle, NC
What differentiates this release from the bazillion other "audio effects" and "enhancements mod"s?

It has far more options than ac!d, awesome beats, kingbeatz, beats audio, etc. This is more in depth and better put together. Just my opinion though you'd have to check it out yourself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MATHReX

Feb 20, 2013
Help !

please help me ! i'm a newbie !
i tried to install the apk !
installed the driver !
but still there is no change in audio !
please can tell me the proper process to install it !
i despareatly need it !
thanks a lot !

richardlibeau

Feb 19, 2012
Albemarle, NC
installed the driver !
i despareatly need it !
thanks a lot !

Try hitting menu key and click on fx compatibility option select normal then you should notice a difference when you tinker around with the settings. You also need to enable it in sound settings- music fx. It is also best to convert it to a system app so that process killers don't terminate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MATHReX

MATHReX

Feb 20, 2013
Not Working Again !

@richardlibeau
I Flashed Jedi Mind Trick JB 6
Then Pushed Apk Into System App !!
Then I Installed The Drivers..
After Then When I Check Driver Status
It Shows Its Enabled !
But When I Start A Song ( Using PowerAmp Player)
And Check The Status , It Shows No !
What I'm Doing Wrong ? Please Help !

rymaples

Nov 24, 2009
Might be a stupid question, but what driver do we select?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Kerns_JW

Aug 26, 2009
Been using this for about two weeks. Must say it works well. Just wish I could tweak the bass a bit more between natural bass and pure

subnoize soulja

Sep 8, 2011
Ormond Beach
Does this app not work on android 4.3 cause every time I install the app and reboot it says to install the driver again and again and again and again what am I doing wrong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this on this thread below and I have to say after trying every music mod out there that this is one step ahead of everybody else. Check it out here. I have been listening to it for half a day now and it's amazing. It has so many sound options that it takes awhile to figure them out. But if you are a music freak like me once you listen to it you will say it's definitely worth the time to figure it all out. After checking the thread out if anybody is confused about how to install the apk's and files I will explain it the easiest way can for you. Thanks and enjoy!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Open zip below and follow these instructions- All Credit Goes To zhuhang

Default F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions (Up to date)

Updated 5/8/2013
    Since Android 4.1, Google started to close down Android whole system audio effect.
    "The main reason is there's many problem we can't fix, therefore we can only apologize to audio effect developers. In future, it will be fixed and whole system audio effect will be back." - GOOGLE
    Therefore in certain players certain roms, V4A will not work.

- Will it work on my device?
    A: V4A works on almost every ROOTED android devices. Refer requirements in OP.

- How to install?
    A: Using the In-App installation, make sure you have busybox installed, first-run the app and follow through the installation dialogues.

- Which to install? FX or XHiFi or Both?
    A: FX has many audio effects, where as XHiFi restores audio quality. If you like many effects(reverb, bass, surround) then choose FX, if you like clear audio/vocal and you have a good headset, choose XHiFi. You can also install both, more CPU usage, that's all.

- Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi always FC?
    A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation. This is due to driver not installed properly.

- Why ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi creates unexpected effects and different from other users?
    A: Clear ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi data. If persist, disable third-party sound mods such as Noozxoide, Bass Booster etc)

- Third-party players such as Poweramp and TTPOD no effect?
    A: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. (Driver status will show processing=No, but its working.)

- ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi doesnt run after bootup?
    A: Check anti-virus or startup manager app whether V4A was disabled in startup list.

- V4A FX/XHiFi effect gone after using data-killer?
    A: Please add ViPER4Android FX/XHiFi to data-killer app white list or exception.

- V4A FX/XHiFi effects suddenly disappeared?
    A: Android system kills certain processes due to memory limits. Install V4A app as system app (Put in /system/app/ and restart)

- Why there is background noise when using V4A effects?
    A: This is Android's musicFX bug, this will happen on all other sound mods.
    Suggestion: Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libbundlewrapper.so

- V4A XHiFi effects gone after reaching certain volume? (~70%)
    A: This is due to Sony Xperia hearing protection library. Backup and Delete /system/lib/soundfx/libhearingprotection.so

- How to use FIR-Equalizer?
    A: See "How to use FIR-Equalizer" guide in XDA Original post.

- Why there's no change in sound quality after installing V4A?
    A1: Choose V4A in Sound Settings > Music Effects. (Driver status will show processing=Yes)
    A2: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. (Driver status will show processing=No, but its working.)

- Why volume reduces after 10 seconds?
    A: This is not caused by V4A. Most probably you installed a bad and faulty xLOUD, ClearPhase or S-Force Front Surround port.

- Why music spoilt after display off?
    A: This is due to CPU speed too low when screen if off. Make sure you are not using some battery saving CPU governor (such as smartass) or created own CPU profile.
    Switch CPU governor to ondemand or interactive, to increase CPU speed.

- Can I still install V4A if I already using other sound mods?
    A: Yes, after installation, open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode.

- Why phone auto-reboot after I plugin headset? Normally for HTC phones.
    A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation.

- In-call volume reduced?
    A: Uninstall and Reinstall V4A using NEW In-App Installation. If persist, its caused by other sound mod because V4A will not affect call volume.

- What if my phone/tablet cannot detect headset plugin?
    A: In ViPER4Android app press menu, choose lock effect mode and choose headset, then adjust settings.

- I dont know my phone is which CPU type?
    A:
    Qualcomm CPU, freq higher than 800MHz, choose ARMV5TE, freq higher than 800MHz(including dual/quad core)choose A8.
    Samsung CPU, single core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.
    Huawei HiSilicon CPU, single-core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.
    Other CPU, single-core choose A8, dual/quad core choose A9.

- Driver status shows version 0.0.0.0 even after rebooting?
    A: Due to wrong driver used, try lower level drivers. Eg: A9 change to A8; A8 change to Tegra2.

- Driver status shows "Enabled: No, Processing: No", but i already turn on effects and playing music?
    A:In FX Compatible Mode, driver status will always show No, but its working.
    In Normal Mode, its due to reason at the starting of this post.

- Why no effect in MIUI player?
    A: Open V4A app and switch to FX Compatible Mode. or Turn off MIUI default equalizer.

- Im using Meizu, Flyme system, why effect gone after i display lyrics?
    A: Flyme modified Android's Audio principle, so lyrics will be treated as music effect by the music player, so V4A cant be used.

- V4A effects will spoil internal speaker/headset?
    A: Firstly, there's an audiophile limit in your phone, even if you max every single settings in V4A, u will never achive that limit.
    If the limit is achieved, your ears will blown off before the headset.
    If your earphone is not used to high volume/bass, with long period of high volume/bass will cause your headset to spoil (without V4A it will also spoil)
    For speaker, if a new phone straight away max the volume, within few days there will be distortion. Start off with 50~70% volume and after some time only max the volume.

About compatibility problem:
    With the NEW In-App Installation, V4A will be installed into your system without problem. All system-provided sound effects will not be removed or overwritten.

V4A Audio E

Default FX & XHiFi Settings Explained & Recommended Value

The latest version: FX v2.2.0.7, XHiFi v2.1.0.0

[FX Settings]
    V4A FX version mainly for rendering audio effects, by controlling various parameters to achieve the purpose of audio effect adjustment.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A headset sound effects, also known as main switch.

2. Playback Gain Control. It is mainly used to dynamically control the audio volume, to amplify or to attenuate.
    (3) Max Gain. When the volume of the note is too small, in order to uplevel the sound, there may be very large magnification. The higher the value, the louder the volume. But too large will also amplify the noise within the song. Recommended 4 times.
    (4) Max Output. This value defines the maximum volume of the PlaybackAGC sound in decibel value, the greater the value the greater the volume, 0 db is the maximum. In order to make the sound softer recommended -1.9 dB.

3. FIR Equalizer. 511-order 10 bands FIR linear equalizer.
    (2) Select Preset. Here you can select default equalizer presets. When choosing custom, it will follow the user-defined lines drawn.
    (3) Linear Equalizer graphic. Will pop up when you touch the graphic equalizer, you can manually adjust the levels of amplification and attenuation of the 10 bands.

4. Convolver
    When an impulse response(IR) sample is loaded, music will show the same characteristics of the loaded sample, for example equalizer, surround, reverberation, tube etc.
    Make sure SD Card has /ViPER4Android/Kernel/ folder, IR samples will be located there. If folder not exists, you can download latest V4A FX and extract SDCard_V4A.zip.
    (2) Impulse Response. Here you can select and load IR Samples inside /ViPER4Android/Kernel/ folder.

5. Field Surround. It is mainly used to create sound field surround effects. The sound field can be understood as mono field or stereo field.
    (2) Select Field Surround Strength. This value defines the strength of the field surround effects. The stronger, the stereo effect will be more obvious, the sound will come from left and right sides. Recommended medium.
    (3) Select Mid Image Strength. This value defines the central vocal intensity. More strongman sound more clear, the weaker the more ethereal sound.

6. Reverberation. It uses mathematical methods to simulate the environmental feeling sensation. Example a song can be felt playing inside the auditorium, living room, bathroom, and so on.
    (2) Room Size. This value defines the virtual environment area size. The larger the value, the sound is wider and more echoes.
    (3) Sound Field. This value defines the width of the room above, in meters. Assumed that the above room size is 100 square meters, here to set a width of 14 meters, then the length of the room will be 7.14 m.
    Therefore, the room size and width defines the aspect ratio of the virtual environment.
    The larger the value, the sound coming from both sides will felt more obvious.
    (4) Damping Factor. This value defines the humidity of air in the above virtual environment, the moisture vapor in the air will easily absorb the echoes.
    So the bigger this value, the less echoes heard.
    (5) Wet Signal. This value defines the volume of the simulated environment effect.
    (6) Dry Signal. This value defines the volume of the original sound.

For environments with low air humidity such as living room, auditorium and other indoor environment, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​from 0 to 20, the reverb signal values ​​20 to 50, the proportion of the original signal to take value of about 50.
    For environments with high air humidity such as bathroom and other indoor environment that contains a lot of moisture, you can use room size and sound field to define the area of ​​the virtual environment, water vapor content values ​​of 50 to 100, the reverb signal values ​​40 to 80, the proportion of the original signal value of about 50.

7. Dynamic System. It handles the dynamic range of the sound. In other words the bass, treble, and limiting.
    (2) Select Listening Device. This value defines the headset type connected to the audio jack. If you cannot get the right device for good bass tone, then select Common earphone. Common earphone is a common choice. Recommend Common earphone.
    (3) Select Dynamic Bass. This value defines the average dynamic bass, the greater the stronger bass. Recommend 33%.
    (4) Tube Simulator(6N1J). This option defines whether to enable tube simulator effect. V4A tube simulator uses a simplified mathematical simulation of tube effect.
    If turned on, will greatly reduce high-frequency odd harmonic distortions, while increases even-order harmonic distortions of tube simulator.

8. Master Gate(Limiter). This option is V4A output limiter, its used to prevent overloud clipping distortion.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A speaker sound effects, also known as main switch

2. FIR Equalizer. Same as headset equalizer.

3. Convolver. Same as headset convolver.

4. Reverberation. Same as headset reverberation

5. Extra Loud. eXtra-Loud further amplifies the sound, but is controlled to protect the speaker, will not overload.
    (3) Max Gain. When the volume of the note is too small, in order to uplevel the sound, there may be very large magnification. The higher the value, the louder the volume. Recommend infinity.
    (4) Max Output. This value defines the maximum volume of the EL sound in decibel value, the greater the value the greater the volume, 0 db is the maximum. Recommend 0db.

6. Master Gate(Limiter). Same as headset limiter.

V4A XHiFi version mainly for restoring audio quality and details.

1. Master Power. This option defines whether to enable V4A headset/bluetooth sound effects, also known as main switch.

2. Playback Gain Control. Same as FX version's PlaybackAGC.

3. FIR Equalizer. 2047-order 10 bands, quality much better than FX version. Method of adjusting same as FX version.

4. Audio Reconstruction. It is XHiFi's core feature, it does the detailing and treble restoring for lossy mp3 audio files. (Currently in adjustment phase, different device may have different experience.)
    (2) Hi Clarity. This value defines the detailing and treble restoration percentage, the larger the value, the more details of the sound and stronger treble.
    For low-end/common earphones, this is not recommended as you may experience high frequency shrills.
    For better earphones such as Monster,Philips,Zombie,Sennheiser, recommended value = 30 ~ 50.
    For high-end headphones, value depands on headphone cable length. Start with value = 40, value +10 for every 80cm cable length.
    For preamp/amp connect to phone. Start with value = 60, value +10 for every 80cm cable length.
    For tube amplifier, directly use value = 100.
    (3) Lo Contour. The value defines the percentage of bass contour reconstruction over total band. The larger the value, the stronger the bass, but midrange and details will slightly lost.
    For earphones recommend value = 50 ~ 70.
    For headphones recommend value = 20 ~ 30.

5. Master Gate(Limiter). This option is V4A output limiter, its used to prevent overloud clipping distortion.

Default FIR Equalizer Guide

So how do we adjust the FIR Equalizer?

Before this, V4A use IIR Equalizer, you have to know how much to adjust for each frequency band. But now using FIR Equalizer, you just have to know which frequency band to adjust.
    So, determine your desired frequency band and move the adjustment bar to maximum or minimum.

Don't believe me? Try move all frequency bands to maximum and you will notice the high,medium and low frequency sounds strengthen, not just the volume being amplified.
    That is the magic of the FIR Equalizer!

Due to FIR equalizer's innate qualities, there's no need of auto level control or gain compensation.

Of course, in V4A future updates, creator will extend the maximum gain value beyond +9 so that the maximum gain effect will be clearer and more obvious.

OP Updated: 5/18/13 12:00 pm

Latest version change log:
    FX version: v2.2.0.7
    1.New optimized driver for Non-VFP, VFP, NEON_A8 and NEON_A9/15 chip.
    2.Fix driver failure at PXA920 and some chip without VFP.
    3.Tweak the parameters for field surround.
    4.Add auditory system protection (Cure Tech+).

XHiFi version: v2.1.0.0
    1.Compatible with PXA920 chip (Tegra2 driver).
    2.Fix a treble boost bug.
    3.Tweak parameters of audio reconstruct.
    Changed Driver List (Check for correct selection):
    NEW FX 2207
    ZTE U880 or same CPU(PXA920), choose "PXA920 without VFP" (Convolver disabled)
    Tegra2 or any CPU with freq equal/less than 800MHz, choose "ARM with VPF"
    Qualcomm of freq higher than 800MHz - single core, choose "A8 with NEON"
    ALL other Dual-core,Quad-core,Octa-core, choose "A9/15 with NEON"

NEW XHIFI 2100
    Tegra2, choose "NVIDIA Tegra2"
    ALL others, choose "CortexAx with NEON"
    Thanks for this find I'm gonna download and install now and test her out!!!!
    Im having trouble getting this to download I tried both on my phone and computer and I cannot get either one to download??? I don't know if its me or if its media fire cause they are slow? But im getting really irritated cause ive been trying to download for a couple hours now

See OP again for zip.
    What differentiates this release from the bazillion other "audio effects" and "enhancements mod"s?
    installed the driver !
    i despareatly need it !
    thanks a lot !

Try hitting menu key and click on fx compatibility option select normal then you should notice a difference when you tinker around with the settings. You also need to enable it in sound settings- music fx. It is also best to convert it to a system app so that process killers don't terminate it.