ZAGG invisibleShield For Desire S

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hey everyone. I got my invisible shield yesterday. Full body coverage. Carphone Warehouse £17.99. Installed it yesterday. Pleased with results.
As you can see in the pictures, there are still water bubbles on the front screen protector, but they are still drying up.

Now I am rest assured my desire s will remain scratch-free! :D

Sorry for the poor quality, shot on a 3mp tg01 camera.

Any questions, request more pictures, and I will be glad to answer!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312559231823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312559231823.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,409
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312559248726.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312559248726.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,085
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312559263154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312559263154.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 921
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312559279568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312559279568.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 915
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312559297126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312559297126.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 856

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
hi :)
i got a screen protector when i bought the device,since i was not able to get the one for the DS at that time i got an smaller one
now i am going to buy a new screen protector & was considering a antiglare type but i heard that they make the screen look bad & the colors diffused,is that true & if it is does it make it look very bad?
i am also considering buying a case do you have any recommendations?

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
hi :)
i got a screen protector when i bought the device,since i was not able to get the one for the DS at that time i got an smaller one
now i am going to buy a new screen protector & was considering a antireflective type but i heard that they make the screen look bad & the colors diffused,is that true & if it is does it make it look very bad?
i am also considering buying a case do you have any recommendations?

Hi! I always try and avoid cheap screen protectors because they get scratched easily and they make the screen much more reflective. If you want a quality protector I recommend the case mate or official HTC protector. For a case, there are loads avalable like Amazon etc!

basill

Mar 10, 2009
I have tried an ebay anti glare screen protector branded "Screen Guard professional". These are the easiest I have tried to apply without bubbles but do give the screen a rather unattractive grainy effect where white areas are viewed. I have gone back and ordered some clear ones from the same range.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Are the water bubbles already completely gone?

Hi mate, most of the tiny micro bubbles have all gone now :) I just have a 3 bubbles left now, and they are steadily disappearing! I will post screenshots later to update it :)

I recommend it greatly if you want to keep your desire s scratch free :)

dloulou

May 19, 2011
Hi mate, most of the tiny micro bubbles have all gone now :) I just have a 3 bubbles left now, and they are steadily disappearing! I will post screenshots later to update it :)

I recommend it greatly if you want to keep your desire s scratch free :)

Thanks, I was also thinking about getting one, nice to know that the bubbles actually go away. I was a bit wurried that the bubbles would stay or leave small rings.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
New pictures

Bubbles have mostly dried up now :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312842648831.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312842648831.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 374
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312842667968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312842667968.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 324
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312842694579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312842694579.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: dloulou

Eclipse_Droid

Sep 9, 2011
Cambridge
looks great! i was thinking of getting 1 of these but was a bit concearned about it leaving behing marks or glue when it eventually comes off...

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
looks great! i was thinking of getting 1 of these but was a bit concearned about it leaving behing marks or glue when it eventually comes off...

Nope , it won't leave any residue when it comes off :) still recommend it !

Only thing though,when I went in holiday to Florida, the shield started to peel away abit. I'm guessing this is to do with the really hot weather though! Other than that the shield is great !

Sent from my HTC Desire S S510e using xda premium

yas87

Feb 16, 2009
Milano
i had one of these on my previous phone, with resistive touch, the film was a little rubbery but wasn't a problem with a resistive... how is on a capacitive? Fingers are sliding well? One plus question, is oil-repellent for fingerprints? ty :)

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
i had one of these on my previous phone, with resistive touch, the film was a little rubbery but wasn't a problem with a resistive... how is on a capacitive? Fingers are sliding well? One plus question, is oil-repellent for fingerprints? ty :)

Yeh, it was defo rubery on my resistive tg01!
Made it difficult to use,but with the desire s, capacitive screen, its really smooth, and fairly oil-repellent

Sent from my HTC Desire S S510e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New pictures

Bubbles have mostly dried up now :)

Thanks. I am trying to look for actual pictures for the maximum coverage for the DS. From their official site, the only difference of the maximum coverage from the full coverage is that the maximum coverage has extra cover for the upper and lower parts of the front screen. Their picture never showed that it covers the sides, the back covers is kinda the same as the full body. I doubt that it has cover for the sides. I know the possibility of covering the whole device varies from the design of the device. Like the iPhone 4, the picture of the maximum coverage does show it has covers on the sides, also iPhone is a lot easier to cover since it has a flat design even on the sides. However, the maximum coverage of DS does not show any side covers.

Yeah, it probably won't cover the sides. But it will cover he top and bottom.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    I'm kinda new to this so I got to ask:

Considering the phone has Corning's gorilla glass which should make it quite resistant to scratches (one of the reasons I got my DS), what advantages such screen protectors give you?

This is an honest question, I'm not trying to poke people for protecting their phones even more, it's up to each person individually and their usage, I'm just ignorant of the reasoning and would like to know more..

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Hey there,
    Yes the screen is scratch resistant. However, like most people we don't want to take the risk, and we place a screen protector on to ensure it's protection.

However, this invisible shield also is 100% scratch free. After using it for around 8-9 months, i can say that it is very very good. THere are no scratches at all on the protector. It's still in pristine condition.

(I'll try to get some pictures up soon)

Also, the back of the device is made of aluminum - which can be scratched.The shield protects the back + gives it good grip
    Hello everyone!
    I just don't understand if the "Maximum protection" version is actually able to cover Desire's sides and corners. There are no side stickers but maybe the back cover ones wrap them well, don't they? I would like to buy one because i'm bored of tick silicone, tpu or composite covers. Sides and corners are very exposed to scratches as well as the screen, i'm in doubt. Thanks.

It covers MORE of the sides, but not all if it. It covers the curved part of the chin (just below the buttons) that's a nnotable difference with the maximum shield.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium