[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

im0rtalz

Mar 22, 2010
Boston
Another question I need to ask. I just installed Alpha4 and so far so good. Even the ringtones and sounds are louder than other roms. But once Alpha5 is released, do i just use TB to make backups of all my apps and user data, install alpha5 and restore the apps+data. Or will this method break something?

You could simply install alpha 5 on top of alpha 4 without any wipes and keep all your apps, but as always make a nand backup just incase you have issues and need to go back.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Another question I need to ask. I just installed Alpha4 and so far so good. Even the ringtones and sounds are louder than other roms. But once Alpha5 is released, do i just use TB to make backups of all my apps and user data, install alpha5 and restore the apps+data. Or will this method break something?

You can just install the update over your alpha4. No need to backup and restore. BUT I do recommend backing up just in case. When I updated to alpha4 I was having force close problems and decided to do a clean install.

glmooreky

May 2, 2012
You can just install the update over your alpha4. No need to backup and restore. BUT I do recommend backing up just in case. When I updated to alpha4 I was having force close problems and decided to do a clean install.

Okay I'm a little new to all this. But I do know that I can brick my phone easily if I do something wrong. So to install the update do I just flash the EL26 kernel through Mobile Odin to get CWM, then flash the zip without having to factory reset and wipe both caches?

nitro_c4

Feb 24, 2012
Okay I'm a little new to all this. But I do know that I can brick my phone easily if I do something wrong. So to install the update do I just flash the EL26 kernel through Mobile Odin to get CWM, then flash the zip without having to factory reset and wipe both caches?

Yes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
He doesn't mean create a custom ringtone. He's talking about setting a specific ringtone for a contact. Pretty sure it won't work if you make one and set it with Ringdroid.

Hey seeing is believing and I am only suggesting he try it since from what I read it is suppose to work... unless I am reading it wrong and if so my bad :D

http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/customization/how-to-set-a-custom-android-ringtone/ go half way down the page and look for ringdroid
From there, you can long-press the tune to bring up a menu that allows you to make it your default ringtone, delete it, or set it as the ringtone to play whenever a specific contact calls you. You can also use the built-in editor to trim away any parts of the song you don’t want to be played

http://code.google.com/p/ringdroid/wiki/FAQ
I assigned a ringtone to a contact, but it didn't work!
This was a bug in older versions. Upgrade to Ringdroid 2.4 or higher.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

No factory reset needed unless of course you want too but wiping cache is not a problem. While on el26CWM its actually business as usual

Reactions: glmooreky

glmooreky

May 2, 2012
Hey seeing is believing and I am only suggesting he try it since from what I read it is suppose to work... unless I am reading it wrong and if so my bad :D

http://android.appstorm.net/how-to/customization/how-to-set-a-custom-android-ringtone/ go half way down the page and look for ringdroid

http://code.google.com/p/ringdroid/wiki/FAQ

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

No factory reset needed unless of course you want too but wiping cache is not a problem. While on el26CWM its actually business as usual

Okay and thank you for all your replies.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Okay and thank you for all your replies.

No problem and not sure if it will affect you but their is a kernel to swap your internal and external drives just in case you see any issues with cameras or stuff saving in the wrong place. It's probably about 5 pgs or so back. Quite useful I might add.

Not saying anyone will have this issue but after flashing some tweaks I flashed the AOSP FE22 kernel and lost the use of mobile odin. Then I flashed the zimage.tar that was posted for help with your internal and external drives and mobile odin works fine again.... Jus an fyi

Reactions: glmooreky

nibrwr

Dec 20, 2010
Oklahoma
I had the same internal/external problem with pre5. The CM9 FE22 kernel that's on in the kernel sticky thread fixed it

gatesmarch123

Apr 14, 2010
No problem and not sure if it will affect you but their is a kernel to swap your internal and external drives just in case you see any issues with cameras or stuff saving in the wrong place. It's probably about 5 pgs or so back. Quite useful I might add.

Not saying anyone will have this issue but after flashing some tweaks I flashed the AOSP FE22 kernel and lost the use of mobile odin. Then I flashed the zimage.tar that was posted for help with your internal and external drives and mobile odin works fine again.... Jus an fyi

I love when kernels POP.

:D

gatesmarch123

Apr 14, 2010
Found a bug free tw5 launcher...just sayin‘. Pretty cool animations.

Link below. Just flash, reboot, enjoy!

TouchWizUX-180dpi,240dpi - by XaToR 1.1.zip

http://db.tt/HpnH56N5

Last edited:

imtjnotu

Jan 16, 2008
can anyone here help me and on how to install the tweaks....i flashed the fast zip in CWM el26 then flashed shubs kernel and got stuck in bootloop

SOHKis

Apr 29, 2008
VA
can anyone here help me and on how to install the tweaks....i flashed the fast zip in CWM el26 then flashed shubs kernel and got stuck in bootloop
get back to recovery, re-flash the rom (that should get you back to the CM9 kernel, sfhub kernel cannot be used for AOSP w/o modification) then flash the tweaks .zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts