[Q] Wifi Issues After Rooting [4.3, N7100]

Search This thread

stu_uk

Jun 19, 2014
Hi all,

I rooted my Galaxy Note 2 N7100 yesterday, which is running 4.3 stock Samsung ROM.

I followed this guide (Philz touch, Multitool to de-knox, cf autoroot)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642480

My issue is that the wifi connects okay, but will only work for a couple of minutes before 'hanging'. For example, I can load websites for a few minutes, then it will just be stuck with the loading bar about 1/4 complete and do nothing. There are no errors like 'obtaining IP address' or anything, still says 'connected'.

Turning wifi off and on seems to cure the problem for a few minutes again, so does the app 'Wifi connection fixer', again for a few minutes.

I have tried several different wifi networks with the same issue.

My battery drain seems to be worse as well, could it be a modem issue? I was under the impression that root wouldn't change modem or anything like that?

Edit: I also flashed Dr Ketan wifi patch and this didn't seem to work either.

Edit 2: Oh no, mobile data isnt working at all now! What is going on? :(

Edit 3: Mobile data back working intermittently but very very slow.

Edit 4: Mobile data very intermittent. Working sometimes and not most of the time. Was fine before root. Something strange is happening.

Device details:

GT-N7100
Baseband N7100XXUENA3
Kernel 3.0.31-2437454 se.infra@SEP-107 #1

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Stu.

Last edited:

stu_uk

Jun 19, 2014
It seems that the wifi and mobile data are following the same pattern.

Resetting them / turning them on and off seems to make them work temporarily and then they hang again.

Any ideas?

Getting desperate here, didn't think root would cause these issues, I thought only changing the ROM / kernel would cause this.