Thanks Meter: 36

By chase15, Member on 6th May 2013, 11:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2013, 08:26 AM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulja30589

I mentioned earlier about my white Neo Hybrid was getting pinkish on one side, I sent them a message through Ebay since that where i got it from, and they answered me that its not a design fault but that theyll send me a new frame as a one time courtesy since i told them i wanted a replacement. They gave me a USPS Label # and its true they did ship me something. Will keep you guys updated when I get it.

They can not openly admit that it is a design fault because it will be like apple antenna gate. We should all open a class action against the company. The company will not warrant any
The Following User Says Thank You to kipliq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kipliq Ad-Free

24th August 2013, 10:32 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm not able to compare both versions since I only got the reinforced one, but here's a picture of the one I received on Thursday. It's only strengthened at the bottom, the headphone-cut is the same, I think.

To be honest, to me, this thing talks cosmetics; sure, it seems a bit sturdier (I at least know photos of the old one) - but yeah, I think, it will break nonetheless. Since the bumper replacement is cheaper than a lot of branded hardcases (Casemate's Barely There, Spigen's own Ultra Thin, ...), which also don't last longer in my experience - rocked an Ultra Thin from the beginning of May till the end of July, tried Itskins' Ghost then and wasn't satisfied with both of them - Spigen's cracked on one corner and above the power button, the Ghost doesn't protect the camera lens in any way - I went for the lifetime TPU and the easy-to-replace-bumper of the Neo Hybrid, which I like very much, actually (although the added bulk compared to the hardcases takes some getting used to).
24th August 2013, 10:57 PM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just bought this case and while I think it looks nice, the micro USB opening is not big enough for all but one of my adapters including my car chagter. I now have to buy all new adapters to get them to fit otherwise I have to dismantle the bottom of the case each time I want to charge.
25th August 2013, 12:25 AM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
just got my satin silver band I ordered from amazon, it shipped from Spigen and it is the old design without the reinforced usb port area. I'm not concerned about that, I don't like the satin silver color at all, I put it on and took it right back off

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
25th August 2013, 05:05 PM |#345  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Im confused, so if you buy from amazon right now is it random whether you receive the new bumper vs the old?
25th August 2013, 09:06 PM |#346  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansterzz

Im confused, so if you buy from amazon right now is it random whether you receive the new bumper vs the old?

would appear so, as I said I got an old version band and I ordered from amazon, but it did ship from Spigen......

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
22nd August 2014, 07:07 PM |#347  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Easy, Free replacement
I ordered this case from Amazon. Got the old bumper; less than 2 months in, the USB casing broke. Tried supergluing it, didn't work. Welding, didn't work. Melted the small USB frames down to try to just super glue the entire bumper on the TPU as a last effort.

Didn't work.

Contacted Spigen through Amazon email, explained this, sent pictures of my melted frame.

In less than a week, I'm being shipped the NEW, reinforced bumper at no cost.

All in all, the process was very simple. I'm glad to be evidence of Spigen finally manning up to their own faults.

Hope this helps someone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)