[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

Search This thread

edfx00

Jun 29, 2012
Phone Selection on ROM Mgr.

ROM MGR has worked great. Now I have a seemingly simple question that I cant figure out. I have the premium version.

It asked me which phone I have ( Samsung NOTE) but I mistakenly hit another phone and now it lists all ROMS available for that phone. How can I change it back?

I would be most grateful for an answer.

Zanza00

Oct 19, 2011
Milan
Same error here. It happens with both user and system apps.

rw8jh0.jpg

Same here, but for me i think it's the new CWM 6 backup process.

yahoowizard

Aug 26, 2010
I have the same Unable to generate APK listing issue, but I have CWM 5, too, so not sure what's wrong...

CtK4949

Aug 6, 2010
Hmm im getting the same error. My nandroid backup from last week i can get in2 to restore apps, but NOT my nandroid backup from today.

I get this "Caution: CM7 and MIUI users - this will cause issues if you are trying to restore messages from non CM7 / MIUI backups. CM7 and MIUI use a different database format." when i try to restore SMS/MMS.

Please help!!

thanks!!

hooha23

Dec 31, 2011
Give the new AppExtractor v2.0 Beta a try. I've added CWM6 support.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handyandy.appextractor.beta

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sweet. App part worked to restore my fuellog records. Had to change settings to point to sdcard1 instead of sdcard0 for both locations.

MMS restore worked too. lost my NEW texts though, haha. didnt think about that when i restored..figured it would merge for some reason.

thanks for the great app!!!!

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Sweet. App part worked to restore my fuellog records. Had to change settings to point to sdcard1 instead of sdcard0 for both locations.

MMS restore worked too. lost my NEW texts though, haha. didnt think about that when i restored..figured it would merge for some reason.

thanks for the great app!!!!

Glad you like it! I should probably update the description on the SMS / MMS restore to clarify how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jay794

Nov 3, 2012
I like the app, but I can't find any of the apps I'm extracting in order to reinstall the apk, where does it save the restored apks?

whoranzone

May 19, 2013
I like the app, but I can't find any of the apps I'm extracting in order to reinstall the apk, where does it save the restored apks?

I just stumbled upon the Appextractor 2 beta, which supposedly is the only app thay can work with and restore CMW 6 Nandroid backups. Unfortunately after selecting my backup I still see no apps for restore in the list. Is this an issue of the beta? Apart from that, I was also not able to find a newer version of Appextractor. Will there be an update of this app out anytime soon?

snlzkn

Oct 2, 2009
Nandroid Manager

This app did not work for me with PAC Rom(getting the same error about apk list as many people mentioned before) and I used Nandroid Manager and worked really good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handyandy.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

ss-480-0-0

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-2-0

ss-480-3-0
    This app works great and is really helpfull, but whenever i restore some apps they wont show up in my market. I know, this is not an app-related bug, but i still want to recieve update notifications for my apps. Is there a way to import them into my market?

Thanks for your help!

Titanium Backup app:
    Menu> Market Tools > Market Doctor.

Sent from ICS Cappy!
    Does app extractor work similar to titanium backup? Or does it work in an entirely different way?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

AppExtractor will let you extract and restore apps / data from your Nandroid backups. Instead of making a separate app/data backup, you can just use a Nandroid backup to restore from. I believe Titanium Backup Pro has this functionality now as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.
    Seems to be working for me, thought I haven't restored anything actually. But both my backups are visible and the app give the list of application all right.