ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I've wiped it, but it's still not updating. I'm thinking I'll have to take it back to Acer. Once wiped, are there some leftovers in the internal memory which would indicate the technicians the tablet was rooted and the build.prop file modified, or is the entire internal storage wiped back to defaults?

Root will remain unless system is wiped, and a non rooted ROM is put there. So, any of the official Acer update/ROMs will do it for you. Any of the modded Acer ROMs or CM9/CM10 will be rooted, but won't boot on a locked bootloader anyways.

Jun 10, 2012
Finally, official ICS rollout for A101 started yesterday.

Receiving the official ICS ROM via OTA right now.

I'd like to share the ROM, but I'm a total noob and I don't know what to do. Guess the ROM is stored somewhere on the internal SD?

Could anyone instruct me?

Thanks

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like it's the very same ROM ZeroNull posted 2 weeks ago (Acer_AV041_A101_1.014.00_WW_GEN1).

Last edited:

pahioman

Jul 15, 2012
rooting ICS

After rooting, does everything still work the same, all the apps and settings are still there?

BlueIce

Dec 9, 2007
Where I am
Update on your qustion.

I sent my A100 into support for repaid on Tuesday due to it not booting past the ACER opening logo. I received it back today with a new motherboard and factory update to ICS. For those interested, here are the Image and Build Numbers:

Acer_AV041_A100_RV02RC01_PA_CUS1

Build
Acer_AV01_A1_1.015.00_PA_CUS1

-Matt

Hi Matt Mark here, same thing happened to Me so sent my A100 in and got it back with a new system board and the same build and image as you. Did you have any issues with rooting after you got your Tab back if you rooted that is?

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
Hi Matt Mark here, same thing happened to Me so sent my A100 in and got it back with a new system board and the same build and image as you. Did you have any issues with rooting after you got your Tab back if you rooted that is?

No everything went smooth. I did change to twrp instead of the regular cwmod I like the interface. Now running the unlock will change the bootloader to the A200 that has the needed fastboot.

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Since this is a ICS thread I thought I should post here instead of starting a new thread in General Discussions I don,t know if this is a bug or not but, I know it is bugging me.:D I have a unlocked bootloader, rooted , and still on stock ICS. I have downloaded some audio ebooks to listen to while at the gym. I am using a LG HBS700 bluetooth headset. I have 2 questions, one: How do I turn off the speakers when using by bluetoothhead set. I have read that I need to start the audio file then pause it, turn on the headset and then restart the audio file. This works but, there should be a way to manually turn the speakers off.
Second question and I do not know if this is a Acer issue or a LG one. The LG instruction say that to move to another song (chapter in book, each chapter is a separate audio file) to hold down the FF button on the headset. I do this but it does not work. I have to manually select the next file. Anyone know how to remedy this? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.
    i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk