Kindle Fire dead battery, now wont turn on

Search This thread

DevonL

Oct 1, 2010
So the battery died completely in my girlfriends rooted Kindle Fire. When plugged into the USB cable via the computer, it would just keep shutting off and on again. I plugged it into the wall outlet, it boot up to CM9 and then shut right off again and indicated it was charging. Went to turn it on now and the device simply wont turn on. The back light turns on and off via the power button, but the device does NOT power on at all. Help?

kinfauns

Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead
Jan 5, 2012
So the battery died completely in my girlfriends rooted Kindle Fire. When plugged into the USB cable via the computer, it would just keep shutting off and on again. I plugged it into the wall outlet, it boot up to CM9 and then shut right off again and indicated it was charging. Went to turn it on now and the device simply wont turn on. The back light turns on and off via the power button, but the device does NOT power on at all. Help?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623244

Reactions: DevonL

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Questions:

Have you pressed the power button for 20 seconds to shut it down and try again?

What version of FireFireFire are you using?

How long did you let it charge before trying again?

When the device is turned on, does it show up in your device manager?

When the device is turned on, are you able to send adb or fastboot commands like "adb devices" or "fastboot devices"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623244