[Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Search This thread

und3ad_6

Jun 6, 2012
Sorry I cant find the answer to my question by searching. Hence I am asking you. Does anybody know how to add Filipino language to S5 keyboard? I was able to do it with my note 3 keyboard in DN3 V5 ROM. I am now using DN3 v5+ with S5 keyboard and I could not add Filipino language.

How do you find battery life in dn3 5+? Couldn't seem to find a 4.4.2 rom with good battery life. I used to get around 7+ hours of screen on time on 4.3 roms. All 4.4.2 roms i have tried only gave me 5-6 hrs screen on time.

enthusi@st

Jul 18, 2013
How do you find battery life in dn3 5+? Couldn't seem to find a 4.4.2 rom with good battery life. I used to get around 7+ hours of screen on time on 4.3 roms. All 4.4.2 roms i have tried only gave me 5-6 hrs screen on time.

I don't think I reach 7 hrs with DN3 5+ and a few apps still don't work properly

und3ad_6

Jun 6, 2012
Have you tried freezing some unused apps, using greenify, and doing the usual battery saving procedures? :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i do use greenify, i was able to get 7 hours screen on time for 1 day and maybe 3 hours with the latest DN3 and latest Agni kernel (without underclocking) I haven't even froze unused apps yet. Seems like a good combo.

erljayp

Dec 27, 2012
To those who are using the latest stock KK rom, i would like to ask what bootloader comes with it?
Thank you. :D

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
To those who are using the latest stock KK rom, i would like to ask what bootloader comes with it?

ND3 firmware with ND3 bootloader , NE1 France firmware with NE1 bootloader all others like ND4 firmware are with ND3 bootloader ( not totally sure about ND4 firmware but haven't heard about ND4 bootloader)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: erljayp

jon1011

Aug 26, 2012

ND3 firmware with ND3 bootloader , NE1 France firmware with NE1 bootloader all others like ND4 firmware are with ND3 bootloader ( not totally sure about ND4 firmware but haven't heard about ND4 bootloader)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hmm...
I'm using 4.4.2.
I downloaded the info app and the boot loader version says: N7100XXUFND4.

Reactions: erljayp

cencinas

Jul 6, 2014
Got note2 from smart with 4.4.2. Im trying load cm11 but it looks like the bootloader is locked? Any way i can confirm if it is?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

agent_so

Feb 5, 2013
hi guys,

i recently subscribed to SMART LTE 999 with my phone Note 2 N7105. the issue is im not getting LTE signal. only up to H+.. anyway i updated my ROM to SOKP. and it a good ROM. though i still dont Get LTE. does anyone here made it work?

and also, what exact modem do you use for SMART?

thanks!

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
What's your APN settings? You do know the Smart Prepaid is better because it has no limit like Postpaid? :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

hi guys,

i recently subscribed to SMART LTE 999 with my phone Note 2 N7105. the issue is im not getting LTE signal. only up to H+.. anyway i updated my ROM to SOKP. and it a good ROM. though i still dont Get LTE. does anyone here made it work?

and also, what exact modem do you use for SMART?

thanks!

agent_so

Feb 5, 2013
What's your APN settings? You do know the Smart Prepaid is better because it has no limit like Postpaid? :)

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Hi thanks for your reply. Apn name is SMART and APN internet. Others are all default.

Regarding the data cap,ive been reading tpc smart lte thread and till now the postpaid plan is not yet capped. Also i need this for our newly formed company.

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
Hi thanks for your reply. Apn name is SMART and APN internet. Others are all default.

Regarding the data cap,ive been reading tpc smart lte thread and till now the postpaid plan is not yet capped. Also i need this for our newly formed company.

Oh, I see. I must have not asked all the needed information from Smart to know their postpaid has no cap. I also use internet as APN but that's for prepaid because as far as I know, postpaid subscribers get a different APN. Try smartlte as an APN.

waffuako

Dec 7, 2012
hi pinoys, need help here. im confused on what method should i use to root my note 2 4.3 stock. can anyone help me? please!

francis820

Ei guys, I'm having a strange boot loop with my N7100, which suddenly started 2 days ago. It actually boots fine when in Airplane Mode. I've already tried resetting to factory settings via Philz Recovery (rooted stock ND4 btw) and reinstalling a pure stock copy of the ROM via Odin. In the process of elimination I removed the SIM lock, which was my only chance to get into Airplane Mode before going to the homescreen, where the loop actually happens. So right now I have nothing else to stop the continuous loop other than taking out the battery. Any suggestions or advice guys? I'd really hate to think it's a hardware issue. :(

Sent from my LG-D170 using XDA Free mobile app

gdonanthony

Mar 2, 2013
Cebu City
anyone can help me how to sim unlock n7105 on 4.4.2 ? its globe locked.. and i already tried putting another sim to make sure its lock and yeah it is indeed GLOBE LOCKED..

please fellow pinoy help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ganown!? HAHA! Eh anong trip mong device niyan sir? Ok naman si Note 2 so far ah? Lalo na pag rooted na. :))
    Sir, please write in english to prevent our thread from getting locked.
    It's a forum rule and you're on an international forum, even if this thread is for Filipinos.
    I'm seeing some common queries from our kababayans. So here's some facts that might help out future questions:

* Regardless of what CSC you have, you can manually flash any Samsung Official ROM from sammobile.com using PC Odin. Nothing to worry about.
    * Rooting is entirely different from software unlocking. It won't unlock your phone just by rooting.
    * Don't worry too much about trying to reset your binary counter. As long as you don't step on your phone, it won't break. Besides, there is always Triangle Away.
    * Once you root, you can't do any OTA so stop trying.. Like for real. Even if you have an official stock rom.
    * Mobile Odin + Custom Recovery are the only things you'll ever need. You'll never have to connect your phone from your PC/Mac again.. Like ever.
    * USB debugging is a thing of the past. When you want to transfer files from and to your phone, Airdroid is what you want.
    * Avoid clearing your cached apps. Please... It will only make your battery drain faster. Android has a unique app + memory management that's built in.
    * Unusual battery drain when flashing a new ROM is but normal. Let the ROM settle for a few days before you start freaking out.
    * The only thing that will surely (101%) brick your phone is when you flash a different radio for a different model. When you do that, don't even bother rescuing your poor phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100

ROM: MIUI JB v3.1.25
    Kernel: Stock v3.0.31
    Recovery: CWM Touch v6.0.1.5
    Guys may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng spen?? Nawala spen ko .. di ko naactivate yung keeper.. hai:(

from GODFATHER GT-N7100
    DMB4 PHILIPPINES..

1,000+ pesos for a new S-Pen on Samsung stores.

If anyone likes to buy an extra battery, go to CD-R King. They have a 3100 mAh battery for only 420 pesos.

Almost identical battery life from the original. Good deal :)
    Mga kabayan for me, everytime i have an update whether kies or ota, i do a factory reset. This is just me because long long time ako during the SII days i got crappy batt life after an update. Did an FR and that solved it. So that became my style ever since, again this is just me.

Did update to 4.1.2 through Kies, did an FR, got no issues and good batt life. Did the recent update to MA6 through OTA, again silly me still did an FR, i get good battery life. For me i do not like to rely on the phone optimizing the apps. So i want an FR which gives me the new firmware like brand new lol, again this is just me.

If i dont need to use data, (3G or H+) i always set my phone to GSM Only. If you need to use data, choose wcdma only. Auto mode drains battery and keeps selecting the best signal.

If you have crappy network signal, left your phone idle, even with data off...expect some batt drain specially when your on auto mode.

I agree with Prince, clearing RAM can cause additional drain, so just do it when you are about to retire to bed. Your phone should go into deep sleep when idle after clearing ram...example after the MA6 update, 10% left on the phone, went to sleep, woke up 6 hours later with still 10%, so deep sleep with the new update is good.

If you leave your phone idle, data off, and your phone does not go into deep sleep then check if you have wake locks. Click on battery graph, AWAKE bar should match SCREEN bar, if it does not then you do have wake locks. If they match, then its your network signal

i am no expert but this system works for me. just sharing mga kabayan.
    everyone of us started as a noob.. it's obvious he didn't read the rules so no need to play smart and say such things.. especially to our own kababayans.
    this thread is created for us filipinos to help and guide each other especially the new ones.. so HELP the new ones.. if they violated a rule then tell them..

anyways:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.