[Q] Wiped System - can load into recovery - some help.

Search This thread

NotoriousPTG

Mar 25, 2009
I was planning to do a recovery from a good backup. Hit wipe system and that file is, and the current rom, is gone. I have no running OS but I can get into TeamWin Recovery. Can't seem to usb mount from there to drop a rom in though. I know I'm not bricked but I don't know what to do from here. Can I get some help? Thanks!

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
You'd be better off downloading a stock restore tar, or One-Click restore and using download/ODIN mode. Look at rwilco12's repository, and the sxtape threads in this forum for files and guides.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32

NotoriousPTG

Mar 25, 2009
You'd be better off downloading a stock restore tar, or One-Click restore and using download/ODIN mode. Look at rwilco12's repository, and the sxtape threads in this forum for files and guides.

Even though I'm already rooted and in teamwin? If I do what you said will i have to root again? Thanks for the help.

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
Yep... You're going to have to re-root anyway if you wiped your system and data partitions. You have no backup, so you should rebuild from the ground up. Use billard's LJC stock recovery w/count reset. Then use the root toolkit to re-root. Before rooting, you might want to take the OTA update to MA7.

NotoriousPTG

Mar 25, 2009
Ok I'm downloading billard's LJC stock recovery w/count reset now. I have klies and odin installed. Can you point me to a tutorial to finish this? Thanks again.

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Yeah I was gonna say, if you already have twrp you can just pop any already rooted rom you want on your sd card and flash away.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Reactions: ac16313

NotoriousPTG

Mar 25, 2009
For some reason my twrp won't let me select external sd is there a workaround for that? I would have tried that before even coming here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah I was gonna say, if you already have twrp you can just pop any already rooted rom you want on your sd card and flash away.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium