[DEV][CRACKFLASHERS] 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN84D (Gnex)/ JRN84C (SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kitch16

Nov 24, 2011
I'm testing and uploading a "normal ROM" (not a BackUp, I mean) to flash on Nexus S with the lastest fixes...

Thanks to all developers who have made this port really... :highfive:

Regards,

Urko

Give us a shout when you're finished buddy.

I appreciate all the hard work gone into this by all the devs. I mean, we could have waited 2 weeks but you devs got stuck in and its paid off so far. Thanks for all your efforts everyone :)

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

urko95

May 7, 2010
Give us a shout when you're finished buddy.

I appreciate all the hard work gone into this by all the devs. I mean, we could have waited 2 weeks but you devs got stuck in and its paid off so far. Thanks for all your efforts everyone :)

Thats why now, we have to stop asking to have the audio working! They have to rest now and when they want, they could start working on audio fix!

Now guys, you have to wait, less than a half an hour, to have the flasehable ROM

Thanks to Devs again

Regards,

Urko

CooLoserTech

Mar 13, 2012
If you read upthread, you'll find my account of trying and failing to bring that fix to the JRN84D build.

Looking for a place to upload the JRN83C build now ...

d-h.st

its pretty good and uploads fast. For example my upload speed is 800 kbps and it took 25 min to upload a 208 mb file. Not that bad. Worst it can be is a "few days" lol

it also has no capped speeds

MiniDolan

Nov 18, 2009
Newcastle
Thank you so much. I wasn't sure if everybody was just going to wait until the OTA or not.

Can't wait to try this. Just finished downloading. Man that was fast!

urko95

May 7, 2010
I too am having issues with the Setup wizard not loading correctly.

Hi people!

For ones who have problems with SetupWizard please do this:

1-. You MUST be in the screen where appears "Welcome" in your language...

2-. TAP THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE SCREEN...

This will skip the SetupWizard but you will have to configure your google account throught "Settings"

If somebody have problems or doesn't understand the corners fix, please tell me!

PS: Sorry about my horrible English.. 16 years old.. ;)

Regards,

Urko

RsurNexusS

Nov 6, 2011
Melbourne
i will try

yea urko i shall try uploading the fix but i am at work. I will try my best and don't lose hope people me and my friend are going to arrange something to figure out a fix for the sound...We will try our best!!

rener78

Hi people!

For ones who have problems with SetupWizard please do this:

1-. You MUST be in the screen where appears "Welcome" in your language...

2-. TAP THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE SCREEN...

This will skip the SetupWizard but you will have to configure your google account throught "Settings"

If somebody have problems or doesn't understand the corners fix, please tell me!

PS: Sorry about my horrible English.. 16 years old.. ;)

Regards,

Urko

Wow thanks for the tip, is the 4 corners working on all roms ? Didn't had any trouble my installation went thru perfectly

sdhanjal15

Mar 8, 2012
I think I'm gonna install if audio is gonna get fix in a couple of days. I can live without sounds..

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successfully ported. Partially working. :)

Whats working?

-Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Softkeys
    -NFC
    -Butter
    -SDcard
    -ADB
    -USB

What's not working?

-Audio
    -Wifi
    -GSM
    -libwvm
    -More stuffs not working.

snapshot20120629u.jpg

More Proper Screenshot

Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-24-23.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-40-39.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-42-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-44-38.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-47.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-36.png

Download: http://files.mrks.me/JRN84D_NS.zip (md5: 28e935c14c31f38940b0c9ced0778766)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK port by Steve676 (Wifi Working)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28113909&postcount=258 No Gapps
    so here's my little mini walkthrough:

Start with a pure sdk system dump and deodex it - or use one of the dumps floating around here that are pre deodexed

you need to basically merge it with your latest ics build - I used my last compile of cm9 as a base but needless to say the closer the base is to aosp the better. You'll want to keep as much of the sdk pristine as possible basically just add in the things you need that are device specific such as:

any platform named hw libs from /system/lib/hw
    your egl files from /system/lib/egl
    your modules from system/lib/modules
    wifi, bluetooth, and gps related files from /system/etc

you also will need your idc and keymap files and all the other device specific items out of /system/usr folders so your input methods will work - no idc files means no touch screen

the above error looks like a framework and lib are not getting along. Make sure the frameworks and all of the root /libs are sdk originals you can copy libs over to your sdk port that are not included however just don't overwrite any

make sure you properly modifiy the build.prop to match your device

copy busybox to the working folder into /system/bin and /system/xbin make sure every binary is executable! symlink /system/bin/busybox to /system/bin/sh and replace the sdk version of toolbox bin with the ics version

in ramdisk retain your device.init.rc but replace everything else with what comes in the sdk ramdisk - download the sdk properly and extract the ramdisk as cpio.gz extract it and use it as a base only adding the device specific .rcs that you need. If init.rc needs a few changes make them but as a rule you can usually just use your device.init.rc and keep the master clean. Be sure that init.traces.rc is in your ramdisk it's a new file for jellybean and it gives a crapload of errors when it's not there.

try not to load any wifi modules for initial tests - theres some changes that are screwing mine up if I set my modules to load on boot- it prevents a full boot haha

can't think of anything else off the top of my head
    Ok, listen up, i don't like your trolls here... I'm currently sick, having a bad flu and sore throat, that is why i can't update it as i don't have the mood, can you guys wait? Steve676 has help me alot, and he already made the wifi working for you to test.

Wifi, 3G, signal, BT, GPS, NFC, Display, GPU is working. I don't need your **** saying im not a dev or a porter.

And another thing, stop asking for the 'bug' to get fix easily, think what are we? Steve has already mentioned that Audio needs some new components, can you just read? If i have the time, i will get the thread updated and stop with your bull**** nonsense....

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    Thread Cleaned.

Unless you are actively trying to help the OP to port this, you have no reason to post in this thread.
    If you want to chat about football, what ROMs people are using, whether or not its even worthwhile porting JB, use the Off Topic forums that cater for your otherwise useless contributions.
    It is done. It's super smooth and better than ICS. So i want the other guys, who is working on this port, work with me. So we can have a super smooth Jelly Bean port.

And also,

Whats working?

-Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Softkeys
    -NFC

What's not working?

-Audio
    -Sdcard
    -Wifi