[ROM]|6-28-2012|Simple CM9|3.0 Kernel|

Search This thread

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Ohh i see what was making it slow. Anyways its fixed it was all the extra .so files and other crap. Good new is shaved 10mb off.

Reactions: powerpoint45

pairustwo

Nov 4, 2011
Hi Hyperrunner.
Love this ROM. Thought I had finally found the simple, stable, home for my wife's Kindle.

I'm hoping to bump this up to get a question answered. The details are vague but maybe it is something you'll recognize.

I was listening to Pandora and tried to use the control panel to adjust the volume slider. I didn't see it at first and was pressing the volume toggle when Disaster struck.

An error window popped up saying that (here is the vague part) something about android phone has stopped. Pressing OK it reappeared like .5 seconds later. I rebooted but the error message was the first thing on the screen. After pressing OK I would to unlock the screen but the error message returned.

No Reboot would get rid of it. Finally I had to restore to a backup. Unfortunately my last backup was a previous ROM.

Any ideas what this was or what caused it? Sorry for he lack of detail.

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Hi Hyperrunner.
Love this ROM. Thought I had finally found the simple, stable, home for my wife's Kindle.

I'm hoping to bump this up to get a question answered. The details are vague but maybe it is something you'll recognize.

I was listening to Pandora and tried to use the control panel to adjust the volume slider. I didn't see it at first and was pressing the volume toggle when Disaster struck.

An error window popped up saying that (here is the vague part) something about android phone has stopped. Pressing OK it reappeared like .5 seconds later. I rebooted but the error message was the first thing on the screen. After pressing OK I would to unlock the screen but the error message returned.

No Reboot would get rid of it. Finally I had to restore to a backup. Unfortunately my last backup was a previous ROM.

Any ideas what this was or what caused it? Sorry for he lack of detail.

You must have an app installed that is trying to use the phone services, thats the only thing I could think of

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
It must be an app because i did lots of testing before implementing that feature into the rom. The app must be trying to use the phone part and that is why the tablet crashes because the app is starting up at bootup.

pairustwo

Nov 4, 2011
OK thanks for the direction. I will try to hunt this down in the Q & A section but first can you tell me...

Do you think an app is making a call to a specific library (the phone part) that you've removed - as unnecessary? or is making a call to a specific library that is still present in the ROM but doesn't work because...well there is no phone?

I guess what I'm wondering is when I ask this question will people with other ROMS possibly have had the same experience? Or do you think it is particular to this ROM as you've removed so much?

Thanks.

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
That might be it because i removed some useless so files like the video editing one and the signal and all that other stuff. Phone.apk is not removed it is just hidden i left it there because if i removed it whenever you go into the settings>>>> about tablet and see your status it would crash it.

BSDADON

Mar 23, 2009
I downloaded the updated ROm, tried running titanium backup got the message "sorry I could not acquire root priviliges...please verify that this ROM is rooted and has busybox installed"

You need to click on problems and choose upgrade Superuser. He just forgot to include it. After it installs kill Titanium and run Superuser and just let it load then open up Titanium and it'll ask you for root privileges.

Reactions: TahrirSquare

denoxster

Dec 3, 2010
Is this rom resurrected from the dead?
Was using this rom and love it. Since this rom will not be updated, now my KF is running Glazed.
Should I flash this rom back?
Thanks for your hard work man.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

AZKJS

Jul 16, 2011
Saint George, UT
Awesome!

I've been using this on the KF I bought on the 20th of last month. Very sleek and stable I have had less issues with this rom than any other I have used.

:good::good: Way WAY up.

Last edited:

Androidawg

May 8, 2009
Atlanta
I've been using this on the KF I bought on the 20th of last month. Very sleek and stable I have had less issues with this rom than any other I have used.

:good::good: Way WAY up.

AGREED! This is the first ROM I flashed on a Kindle and it is so quick, stable, and complete, I don't see what else there is that needs to be offered.

Reactions: spoiled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My new rom Glazed ICS is out so go and grab it and ENJOY. This rom will no longer be recieving features in fact i will be taking away useless stuf to make this a bareboned rom.

GLAZED ROM

Updated 6-7-2012 Scroll Down For Changelog. Scroll down for installing not included gapps (Like talk).

Hello Forum i would like to introduce a new rom called Simple CM9. As you can tell by the name this rom is special since it does not have all the useless items that most roms have. This rom is Sweet and To The Point. This is my first rom ever so give me a break if its bad. (Hope its not). I made this rom because i really enjoyed Takenover83 original cm7 bareboned rom, so i decided to make a ICS one, also because some people were requesting it in the original thread. Anyways enjoy your SPEEDY KINDLE.

Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your kindle breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer are|
    Super Fast Bootup (Should be working properly since last update)
    Preloaded Gapps
    Volume Slider in Notification
    Extremely Good Battery Life
    Great smooth performance
    Modified build prop for more Play Store apps.
    Custom Boot Animation
    ABOUT 85MB <<<<<WOW

|Things that were removed.....| (Gonna upload a package later with all the items)
    Some useless apps such as Voice apps
    Removed a google search (Dont worry one is still there)
    Removed all Live Wallpapers
    Removed CM Wallpapers
    Removed Androidian Theme
    Removed alot of ringtones
    Removed Alarm Tones
    Removed Spare Parts
    Removed lots of languages
    Removed Facelock
    Removed Default Android Videos
    Removed Video Editor
    Removed Google Talk
    Removed Voice Search
    Removed Nagging Setup Wizard (You can login to google account by going into the play store)
    Removed News and Weather
    Removed Bug Reporting and Feedback
    Removed File Manager (Download a new one VIA Play Store)
    Removed Download manager (Dont tap a file while downloading will crash browser)
    Removed Developer Tools
    Removed Terminal
    Removed Superuser
    Removed Trebuchet
    Removed Google Search
    Removed Gmail
    Removed Email

|Bugs| (Of course every rom has to have bugs :()
    All of 3.0 Kernel Bugs

Any other bugs please report to me :)

To Flash this rom do the same as all other TWRP roms.
    Wipe cache, dalvik cache, Factory reset, System
    Then just flash this rom.

Well thats it for this rom.
    WHAT..??? You say you want screenshots?
    Video And Screenshots of updated rom will be posted in a day or two.

Thanks to all the people |Takenover83| For his original CM7 Bareboned Rom, Also to |Trojan38| For his vanilla rom as a source. A Big thanks to |Hashcode| without him this wouldnt exist. Whooh finally its over, now to the good stuff :D

|Downloads|
    June 28th 2012 - Download
    June 10th 2012 - Download
    June 7th 2012 - Download
    June 4th 2012 - Download
    June 3rd 2012 - Download

|Changes|
    June 28th
    Removed A bunch More Stuff Look Up
    Replaced Trebuchet with Apex, Much Lighter
    Created a Custom Boot Animation For It
    Lightened up the system now even faster

June 10th 2012
    Updated to latest Kernel
    Updated to latest CM9 Updates
    Removed many of the options that were applied in the June 7th release.
    Removed beats audio
    Removed CRT tv lock

June 7th 2012
    Updated To Latest 3.0 Kernel Thanks Hash
    Added MANY options on customizing the system from settings
    Updated Trebuchet
    Added The SGT7 notifications options, etc.
    Fixed the black boot up option (Should Boot Extremely Fast :))
    Updated CM9 since the last June 7th update.
    Removed File manager, Downloads, Developer tools, TweakZV6 (Mainly because TweakZV6 Was just a Placebo)
    Added old tv Lock Animation
    Added Edge Swipe Navigation

June 4th 2012
    Optimized the Speed Quite a Bit :D
    Fixed Build.prop for gameloft games.
    Fixed the Usb Storage Problem (Now Properly Mounts)
    Added Beats Audio (Its a plus for anybody)
    Added TweakZV6 For Optimal Performance
    Removed The Remaining Live wallpapers
    Removed a couple of Useless Apks such as Google Feedback, ETC
    Took off the default adb settings due to inproper mounting
    Renamed The Zip File
    Sacrificed boot speed for System Speed <<< Sorry :(

June 3rd 2012
    Initial Release

Gapps

If for some reason you need more of the gapps not included such as google talk and others download them from HERE. Note, Flashing these apps will slow down your system quite a bit.
    Since this is a fairly new release will there be any changes /updates say within the day or the next? If so I'll wait till then to try but so far everything looks and sounds great but yes as the other mentioned barebacked doesn't equal bareboned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

The last update that came out today fixed most of the bugs. I would flash now since i fixed them today. Anyways you can just reflash a new rom over this one. As i know of. The only bug is the 15 Seconds pitch black bootup but that is being fixed will release in a week or so when i have more things to update. Wow i barely noticed my mistake thanks.

Why did you take out Google Talk? AFAIK it cannot be installed via an apk. is there a way you could make a zip that would put it back for people who wanted it? I kinda also wanted the voice search, but I can live without it.

Otherwise A+ great rom, glad to see ICS on this device!

Just google "google apps" and download the latest ics version and flash that. You should get all the google apps missing.

Sometimes an early write to backlight/brightness can fix early blank screen start-up issues (put the below somewhere near the top of init.rc or init.omap4430.rc):

write /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness 127

I cant seem to find either of these two files?

It seems like I can only mount storage via usb if usb debugging is off? Is this normal?

Since the latest update "June 4th" i fixed this since i took off that option by default. So it should properly mount.
    I really dont know since the progress takes abunch of photoshop editing. I will surely try so dont go to sleep just yet.
    Hi Hypperrunner, I just wanted to ask what's the difference between this and the Vanilla and now since you added the SGT7 options how does it differ from it too? I am really looking for a ROM that will offer better battery life.

Well the difference is features and usability. I try to make my rom really fast and have features that normal roms would without wasting to much of the devices resources. I think that this rom would have a bit better life because it doesnt have the live wallpapers and all the other things that were removed to be using up the memory and the battery when its locked or just using the device. Also another difference is that it features both of its main options such as customizing the status bar and lockscreen and it all is made into a simple package that is less than 100 mb. You can go check out other roms and see the size of them such as gederom is 140+ mb and all those extra bits and peaces really do matter to the battery life and performance of the device.
    Thanks guys for your support. I will update this as soon as i find some time to do it.